• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!

In summary, the conversation is about a person's negative experience with purchasing jewelry from a friend who left Pampered Chef for a jewelry company. The jewelry has been constantly breaking and having defects, resulting in multiple returns and now the person is being asked to pay $5 per item for repairs after 120 days. They are frustrated with the poor quality and lack of customer service and have decided to stop buying from the company. Other participants in the conversation share similar experiences with different jewelry companies and the difficulties of being a seller in a crowded market.
lockhartkitchen
I purchased jewelry from my friend who left PC (along with others) for a jewelry company. I've had nothing but problems. Necklaces braking, jewelry losing gems, etc. I've had to return almost everything for exchanges. Last week I returned a pair of earrings, that the gems all fell off, a necklace that the clasp won't stay shut and a pair of earrings, still on the cardboard because of a stone defect. I get an email today saying it can't be processed until I pay $5 per item. Evidently, after 120 days you have to pay. I'm so tired of paying for crappy things that will just fall apart again. I'm calling them tomorrow and telling them to keep it. And to imagine many left PC for this company!

Solution: Quit buying the crappy jewelry! :)

I know what you mean, I would call their HO and speak w/ a supervisor and tell them all the problems that you have had. See if they can waive the fee to fix your jewelry and then, seriously, I wouldn't invest my money on it after that. Let us know how it goes.

You don't have to tell me twice Steph. Exactly. I'm not paying 1 cent to have it sent back to me. I've already sent a necklace back (I guess within 120 days) because I didn't have to pay anything and the new one broke too. I'm having my hubby use his pliers to seal it shut. This crappy jewelry will do the same again. I'm investing in this nooooo more. I'd ask for my money back, but I looked it up and guess what? No cash refunds after 120 days. Uggh.

I doubt that they'll waive the fee. That $5 "handling charge" is pretty typical of home party plan jewelry. And so far, I haven't found a company that had decent jewelry. I've had problems with the jewelry I've purchased from several, and I've decided that I just won't ever buy like that again.
What gets me is that even if you return it all at the same time, it's still $5 per piece. I needed to return 4 pieces to one company, and was told it would be $20. I just threw the stuff away instead.

Yup my aunt sells for one of the companies. I have since banned it from my house. I had two necklaces break in one weekend (while out of town at my gma's funeral). Then within 2 months after that I had 2 more break. My aunt tells me they only have a 2% return rate. That's because people like me get fed up and don't return anything! I have 4-5 maybe 6 that need replaced and I refused to!

That was me Wadegirl. I would have returned before 120 days, but finding time to make it to the postoffice and be willing to wait in line was a problem.

Thankfully I am allergic to all but sterling and gold! And, I have tons of jewelry but mostly only wear certain items.....

It is hard because I have several hostesses who have signed up for PD and they look at me to host a show or open house with them...then there's CL, S-ta, etc, etc, etc....

I politely tell them that for nine years, the only show my hub would let me hold was Pampered Chef....and that is that. I hate to disappoint them, hope they still have PC shows with me but it is a bit awkward....

CK

Seems like they're really just selling a biz opportunity and not really a product if all of the products don't even last for 6 months. Wonder how many of those that left PC in that big wave are still with it and how they're doing? Bet they don't have many repeat hosts or customers so unless they keep recruiting, they don't have much business at all.

I certainly enjoy doing a vendor event know I will be the only kitchen tools person there. Then I look around to see how many jewelry people are there. If there are more than 2, I figure none of them are going to do well. They just don't distinguish themselves to me. All of the names run together.

Becca_in_MD said:
Seems like they're really just selling a biz opportunity and not really a product if all of the products don't even last for 6 months. Wonder how many of those that left PC in that big wave are still with it and how they're doing? Bet they don't have many repeat hosts or customers so unless they keep recruiting, they don't have much business at all.

I certainly enjoy doing a vendor event know I will be the only kitchen tools person there. Then I look around to see how many jewelry people are there. If there are more than 2, I figure none of them are going to do well. They just don't distinguish themselves to me. All of the names run together.

One of the biggest things I think about with the company my aunt does is that if they are giving the consultants 50% commission, their next two uplines get 10% and they actually do have a decent host program where you can earn up to 40% free, how much does the actually jewelry cost?!

wadesgirl said:
One of the biggest things I think about with the company my aunt does is that if they are giving the consultants 50% commission, their next two uplines get 10% and they actually do have a decent host program where you can earn up to 40% free, how much does the actually jewelry cost?!

My friend (downline consultant) has hosted several different jewelry companies and while they do give good deals some of the charge tax on the host's benefits. She was shocked that her FREE stuff cost over $50! I got a couple of over $100 necklaces for $12 - I'm so glad I got that price because that's all they are worth. One necklace my husband picked out and we just bought a new chain for it as I couldn't stand wearing the one it came with (allergic). Two are tarnishing. I can't wear any of them for more than a couple hours which says they are cheap metal.

Also, the consultant knew how to layer her necklaces but didn't have a clue what they were made of when I asked. Never again.

BethCooks4U said:
My friend (downline consultant) has hosted several different jewelry companies and while they do give good deals some of the charge tax on the host's benefits. She was shocked that her FREE stuff cost over $50! I got a couple of over $100 necklaces for $12 - I'm so glad I got that price because that's all they are worth. One necklace my husband picked out and we just bought a new chain for it as I couldn't stand wearing the one it came with (allergic). Two are tarnishing. I can't wear any of them for more than a couple hours which says they are cheap metal.

Also, the consultant knew how to layer her necklaces but didn't have a clue what they were made of when I asked. Never again.

Yup, same here! I could barely afford to get my free stuff when I had to pay over $80 in tax when I had my party!

BethCooks4U said:
I can't wear any of them for more than a couple hours which says they are cheap metal.

Aside from the fact that I don't wear much jewelry, this is why I can't/don't want to buy from these companies. I have a nickle allergy, and cannot wear most costume jewelry because of this. Even most things that say they are sterling silver are often nickle plated.

And as mentioned, if the consultant gets 50%, the upline gets 10% and the host gets the item 40% off, the prices must be hugely inflated. Although, I think that with some of these companies the consultant may have to pay for the host benefits.

NooraK said:
Aside from the fact that I don't wear much jewelry, this is why I can't/don't want to buy from these companies. I have a nickle allergy, and cannot wear most costume jewelry because of this. Even most things that say they are sterling silver are often nickle plated.

And as mentioned, if the consultant gets 50%, the upline gets 10% and the host gets the item 40% off, the prices must be hugely inflated. Although, I think that with some of these companies the consultant may have to pay for the host benefits.

Yes my aunt has to pay for her host benefits out of her pocket. So while she talks about walking away with 50%, it's not that in the end. She also has to pay for her credit card charges.

NooraK said:

At least one of the jewelry companies has a pretty high yearly "jewelers fee" you have to pay to keep your status as a consultant. Plus - at least for PD - their starter kit is outrageous. Something like $1200. :eek::eek::eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
At least one of the jewelry companies has a pretty high yearly "jewelers fee" you have to pay to keep your status as a consultant. Plus - at least for PD - their starter kit is outrageous. Something like $1200. :eek::eek::eek:

Yes their big speal was that they even have a line of credit you can sign up for to get your kit. The day I went to my first jewelry party I found out I was losing my job. When I told my aunt (before she signed) that I couldn't buy anything because of that, the consultant immediately "jumped" on me and told me this would be perfect for me. The biggest thing that turned me off was the price. I'm losing my job and you want me to open a line of credit to buy a $1200 kit! NO WAY!

NooraK said:

And that's why the host has to pay the taxes on her free items.

ChefBeckyD said:

If I remember correctly it's $400 a year to renew their fee!!

So right that most of these necklaces weren't worth the $12 I got them for. I pulled out the $78 necklace and my $6 necklace I got at a local store. My son couldn't tell the difference. That's because the markup is so high, not the quality.

Sounds like you are talking about Lia Sophia with the 180 days return. Premier Designs is 60 days, but only one of my PD pieces has had a problem - the Lia Sophia stuff is always breaking.

I really like jewelry and wear it every day. Looking at this business before joining PC, I realized eBay is full of this stuff. Lia Sophia especially is crowded, with stuff going for 99 cents...shipping from China. I just had a look, they are still doing it - this is one of about 10 sellers with Lia Sophia factory seconds listings
newlook2010abc items - Get great deals on Jewelry Watches items on eBay.com!
They have a problem in their factory over there.

Cookie Lee stuff seems really cheap - I've only been to one of their shows.
Silpada holds its value since it's sterling, but it's too expensive to begin with - I do love the pieces I have from them.

All in all, I think PC was definitely the best choice for me!

LS is so hard to even buy/sell. I hosted a party and when it got down to it, I only wanted one thing and it was a really pretty ring. It's gorgeous, but I'm glad my list wasn't longer. My show didn't even qualify!

How much is a qualifying show for Lia Sophia?

$250 bucks. And yes, the products are a bit expensive but no one wants to buy!

That's the thing - there are similar items at nicer dept stores like Macy's or JCPenney's or Kohl's that go on sale.

I've got a chest full of Premiere, and several pieces need fixed or replaced...at $5 a piece. I'm thinking of getting them done and then selling it all on E-bay (as new of course!). Of course none of the items are in the current catalog, so I'll have to pick all new pieces. :( But yes, I won't buy them again, and I like Silpada but after the experience with Premiere it scares you away from trying them!

I sold for another jewelery company before I came here. We did NOT charge tax on free stuff and the handling charge was $5.95 UNLIMITED so ... it was better to return multiple pieces at once. But it could be worse ... that company is no longer in business, so many are stuck with broken jewelry, including me. That "golden guarantee" is mighty tarnished!

What is the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!" at Pampered Chef?

The "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!" at Pampered Chef is our promise to provide a full refund or exchange on any product that does not meet your satisfaction, as long as you have paid for it.

What is included in the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!"?

The "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!" covers all products purchased through Pampered Chef, including cookware, kitchen tools, and food items.

Do I need to provide a receipt for a refund or exchange under the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!"?

No, a receipt is not required for a refund or exchange under the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!" However, we do ask that you provide some form of proof of purchase, such as the order number or credit card statement.

Is there a time limit for requesting a refund or exchange under the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!"?

No, there is no time limit for requesting a refund or exchange under the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!" However, we recommend doing so as soon as possible to ensure the best customer service experience.

What if I received a damaged or defective product under the "Unconditional Guarantee-Only if You Pay!"?

If you received a damaged or defective product, we will provide a full refund or exchange, even if you have already used the product. We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchases from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
Back