• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Host Special Earned Even with Half Price Items?

Yes, the guest special does add to the total, so long as the total before shipping and tax is over $60. Thanks Kate for the clarification!
jrw3
What does it take for a Host to get the guest special? I am trying to close a show and I want to make sure I am not forgetting anything. Her subtotal after her half price items is $51, But her grand total that she is paying is $83. I put it in the computer and it did not tell me that she didn't earn it but I dont know if it would tell me anyways. I know that you have to send $60 but does the half price and host special count?

Last edited:
I believe her subtotal she is paying needs to be $60. It won't let you add it until it is.

I believe Lisa is correct.

Hmm, then I remembered a conversation I had with my director yesteday. So I went into PP. And it has let me add the cooling rack special in November on a subtotal of $58 but a total of over $100.

Last edited:
I think (don't quote me on this) that as long as they are spending $60 or more, not including tax, that they get the special. The host order totaling is different since it adds in 1/2 price, etc. after the subtotal.

I have always entered it as long as their total before tax is $60 no matter the items they spent it on and they have always gotten it.

My director told me as long as they spend $60 out of pocket before tax they get the guest special

Jennie4PC said:
My director told me as long as they spend $60 out of pocket before tax they get the guest special

Yep, as long as their SPENDING the $60 they can get the special. It doesn't matter if it's the half price total, or discounted total, or combined....it should work!

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

I thought it was the sub total before the host and half priced items. So if it is no matter what as long as they have over $60 at the end then I have been screwing my hosts, unless they did purchase $60 in items before half and host. I have done 19 shows this way. Should I say something to my hosts or just do it correctly from now on? None of my hosts complained they understood the way I was doing it but if it is wrong please let me know :(

Marjorie, I wouldn't worry about it. I never knew you could do that until I read it on here a little while ago & I've been selling for over a year! It's not something that is clear in RFS or anywhere else. I never would have thought the guest special would be something the host could get (except for Sept. when they specifically said it). I'm just going to start doing it from now on.

Thank you for your thoughts.

OK now I am confusedI always thought they only could get it as long as the discounted total was over $60. Meaning the half price items they pay for and the monthy host specials they pay for DO NOT count in that $60. Geez. If you are right, I have been messing up my hosts!

pampered1224 said:
I always thought they only could get it as long as the discounted total was over $60. Meaning the half price items they pay for and the monthy host specials they pay for DO NOT count in that $60. Geez. If you are right, I have been messing up my hosts!

I have done it for all my hostesses when they spend $60 I have even had to call HO to have them ship one to a hostess since I forgot and they didnt say anything about it. and just shipped it.

I did not know this either. I'm glad I read it...I am submitting a $500+ plus show tonight. She will be spending over $60 but that includes her half off items and the host special...but this still makes her eligible?

If she spends $60 out of her pocket before shipping and tax, she is elligible.

Thanks Kate, that is awesome! I can't wait to tell my host she got another FREE goodie. PC is so awesome for hosts!

Another nice thing is that it can increase the sales. I have a host who threw together a party in less than a week so she could have the carving board. She barely made $150 and so I'm getting a bit of commission on her order. She added to her order until she could get the guest special!

1. How do I host a Pampered Chef party to receive the guest special?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can either host an in-person gathering with friends and family or a virtual party through a social media platform. Simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a date and time for your party.

2. What is the guest special for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

The guest special varies each month, but it typically includes a discount on a popular product or a free product with a minimum purchase. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to provide you with the specific guest special for the month of your party.

3. How do I qualify for the guest special as a host?

To qualify for the guest special, you must have a minimum of $200 in party sales and have at least one guest who places an order. Your Pampered Chef consultant will help you track your party sales and ensure that you meet the qualifications for the guest special.

4. Can I combine the host rewards and the guest special?

Yes, as a host, you can combine your host rewards with the guest special. This means you can earn free and discounted products through your host rewards, while also taking advantage of the guest special.

5. How long is the guest special available for?

The guest special is typically available for the entire month of your party. However, it is always best to check with your Pampered Chef consultant to confirm the exact dates of the guest special for the month of your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SherryLynn
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies