• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Numbness in My Fingers a Sign of a Serious Injury?

In summary, the group is discussing their sales for the month. Some have had successful shows, while others have experienced a lull in business. One member is hoping to reach the $6000 mark, but is content with starting at $3000. Some members are also dealing with physical issues, such as numbness in their fingers. Despite some challenges, everyone is determined and persistent in reaching their sales goals.
jwpamp
Woo-hoo! I am already at $2000 in sales for the month. I had 2 shows on Sunday and one on Monday.

I have a 2 week lull in biz, though. I have a lot of catty shows this month. I am hoping that my shows later in the month hold. I would be soooo happy to make the $6000 mark, but at least I know I have a good start to the $3k level(fingers crossed!).

I have been having numbness in my fingers the last few weeks. I had lower spinal surgery on my back in 2004, and the doc said it would be only a matter of time for the other levels to start going out...I am afraid this may be it for my cervical area.

Hopefully not, but I am thankful to have a little break in shows. I am trying to rest my arm and elbow (the shoulder to elbow hurts, the fingers are numb every once in a while). Maybe it's just a pinched nerve (thinking positive here). Maybe I can get the Doc to send me for "e-stim" again...had that for my lower back and LOVED it!! They put electrodes on the affected area and it sends little shocks thru the area. It relaxes the muscles and feels soooo good. I had it for my back and used to fall asleep drooling....ha!:p

I'm at $1580 (2 shows) and 3 more yet this month. Keeping my fingers crossed for at least $3000. Two of the three shows are at the very end of the month. I am considering offering an incentive to the host to close before the 30th.

I'm at about $1200 for two shows, and I still have 3 more. I can at least get the $3000! My goal was $6000, but oh well.

I'm at $1500 in 2 shows. I have 8 more on the books but a couple are shakey. I also have a couple of "I want a June show" hosts that haven't returned my calls... My goal is $6000.

I had a show Tuesday, had to cancel, my car broke down, 2400.00 to fix it. I have several catty shows out and 4 cooking shows later this month counting the one I had to reschedule, my first one that I had to reschedule. I am hopful that I will reach the 3000.00 level, cause I sure need to earn this stuff free, witht this unexpected car repair bill......

Have an $800 show I am sending in today (my first to submit for the month), and I have a show tonight, and a show Saturday - the host had $200 in outside orders last week when we talked! So, pretty confident by the end of the week I'll have made the $1500 mark. Several shows to go after that though too!

Everyone is doing great!!

And, don't give up too early, Keith...look at what DebJ did in May...WOW! Determination, persistance and consistance is what it's all about!

I am small potatoes compared to you all, but I just submitted my second show tonight. One was 400, the other just barely 150, but either way... 2 down and 1 fall free product coming my way. I still have 2 catalog shows, maybe 3 going, and 4 live shows, so who knows.

Looks like I am getting my PC mojo bacK! I thought I had lost it but good to see it's coming back!

PamperChefCarol said:
I am small potatoes compared to you all, but I just submitted my second show tonight. One was 400, the other just barely 150, but either way... 2 down and 1 fall free product coming my way. I still have 2 catalog shows, maybe 3 going, and 4 live shows, so who knows.

Looks like I am getting my PC mojo bacK! I thought I had lost it but good to see it's coming back!

me too ( small potatoes :))
I have a $750 show I am getting ready to submit and I have 1 fundraiser, 1 vendor event, 1 catalog, possibly 2 and 1 more cooking show this month.
Way to go everyone on the great sales!!! :)

jwpamp said:
Everyone is doing great!!

And, don't give up too early, Keith...look at what DebJ did in May...WOW! Determination, persistance and consistance is what it's all about!

Awww thanks so much! I'll be quite content with the $3000 level. I knew that $6000 was quite lofty. I still have a small customer base as I've only been doing this since February. So, I'm really not doing too shabby after all.

Considering that I'm trying to build to 2 shows a week but am going from 1-2 a month at best ... I was hoping for $3,000 but now am shooting for $1,500 at the least.I have a show this weekend, a Power Cooking clinic a week from Friday, a sidewalk sale on Saturday, and on Father's day I'm leaving for a 1-week trip to my aunt's house. I need to work up the nerve to call her and ask if I can make a 30 minute chicken while I am there ....A friend of mine is holding a show on the 28th and I'm still holding out hope for another show earlier that week. She knows she MUST close out at the time of the show ...

I'm at $356 (1 show), but two shows this weekend and then 5 more to go + 2 catalog + two to pick dates. I'm looking to book more this month. I also have 2 fairs, so I'll collect orders.

merego said:
me too ( small potatoes :))
I have a $750 show I am getting ready to submit and I have 1 fundraiser, 1 vendor event, 1 catalog, possibly 2 and 1 more cooking show this month.
Way to go everyone on the great sales!!! :)

Nothing wrong with any kind of potato in my book!!!!

jwpamp said:
Everyone is doing great!!And, don't give up too early, Keith...look at what DebJ did in May...WOW! Determination, persistance and consistance is what it's all about!
*blushing*Which means I'm taking it easy in June! It's really nice being a director knowing that I will get the $6k package. :)I have four cooking shows, 4 catalog shows, and one craft/vendor fair. I am confident I'll reach $3k. My first show of the month is Friday and the host is expecting 22 people. I might book one or two more--we'll see. It's our 10th anniversary this month and we're still deciding if we're going to try to get away for a night.

So deb how much did you do in may? I am curious now hehe

chefdoughty said:
So deb how much did you do in may? I am curious now hehe

$9100 and I achieved TPC in Sales for the first time. :D:D

Awesome
DebbieJ said:

That Is totally awesome Debbie, I had my highest month in may it was 3100 and I earned my 15,000 in career sales I am pretty excited and in Oct. i will be with the company for a year.

Congrats on your excellent month !!!!!!

DebbieJ said:

WOW! Good job! :)

My June 1st show just closed an hour ago at $1,217.05, and I expect my show from last night to close at $354.35. That means I'm already at $1,571.40! So happy. My goal is $3,000. I have a bridal shower Saturday, a show on Sunday, a vendor event on Wednesday, and then three more shows later in the month. Yay!

congrats sklay!

Well I had my 1st show last night and I left it at 300 in sales but she has 15 people who couldnt make it and they said they want orders. Her goal is 1000. Plus I still have 8 shows and 3 catty's.

First party in ~ $1284! Only 6 people there...without any outside orders! She wanted to have the send in the party last night...I'm fine with that!

One of my WONDERFUL loyal customers was there...$687 order ~ no, she doesn't want to sell, just buy it from me.

She's funny, she will go to another party, but if it's not me, she won't order ~ gotta love that loyality! Sending her a nice gift today...I should be smarter and have the gift in the car (when I know she's going to be there).

One party down...4 to go along with 3 catties...

Kitchen2u said:
First party in ~ $1284! Only 6 people there...without any outside orders! She wanted to have the send in the party last night...I'm fine with that!

One of my WONDERFUL loyal customers was there...$687 order ~ no, she doesn't want to sell, just buy it from me.

She's funny, she will go to another party, but if it's not me, she won't order ~ gotta love that loyality! Sending her a nice gift today...I should be smarter and have the gift in the car (when I know she's going to be there).

Where did you find her? I want customers like that!!;) :D :love:

amy07 said:
Where did you find her? I want customers like that!!;) :D :love:

I stumbled on her! I was asked by another consultant to do a party. She didn't care the other consultant...so she stuck like glue to me ~ SUPER GLUE! That night we "connected" ~ she and I have similiar stories (female issues) ~ we talked for a long time after that party. I have not only found a great customer, but a great new friend.

And she is the SWEETEST person I have every met in my life! She's genuinely caring, down-to-earth and GIVING/GENEROUS person. Last night she bought $50 for her daughter's friend (who was there), just because "she needed it." Her MINIMUM order is $500. This year alone she's totalled over $3500...if there's not a party, she'll place an online order or send it to me to add to another party.

She's invited me to various "family" get-togethers, parties, etc. I make sure I go to ALL that I can...she is the sweetest!

Last edited:
I'm only at one catalog show ($200) for the month so far but I am sitting on high ambitions to reach the $6,000 mark. I have been calling everyone I can to get my month filled. It is difficult though because my husband and I do a foster care camp every year the week after fathers day -- meaning I'm missing two weekends and a whole week! eeek! So right now I don't have any shows scheduled until June 24th, but I have a show each evening the 24-30th plus I'm planning to fill up my mornings too. It would be nice to get someone to do a show next Wednesday or Thursday if I can convince them that it's not too close. I've set a goal to have 15 shows this month and have 9 booked, -- I've never juggled this many hosts at one time, I'm kind of freaking out.Wish me luck -- Good luck to all of you! :D

Yeah, Ginny!!!!

I had my first show of the month tonight. We're just shy of $1100--and with orders yet to come we'll definitely be over $1200. It's my 9th $1k show of the year. :)I have 3 more cooking shows and four catalogs shows to go.

Just submitted another show - this puts me at over 4K for June already + web orders...I have 4 more shows to go before the month is over. I am determined to hit that $6000 mark!!!

Last edited:
Kitchen2u said:

WOW!
You and me need to share some tips at conference!!!

There is some SERIOUS A$$ KICKIN" going on in this thread!!
I'm coming back whenI have done some work! sheesh ;)

Last edited:
I am closing one party tomorrow that should be around $400. My bridal shower today is just over $500 and my sister already has $300 in outside orders for her party next Wednesday! That is $1200 already and I still have my sister's show to do and 3 others! I will hit the $3000 for the first time!

DebbieJ said:

Wow!!! Congrats!
Where are you in Illinois again? Maybe I'll be heading your way :) jk

If the three shows that are scheduled to close in the next few days stay exactly where they are currently (no extra orders), my grand total so far for four shows will be just over $2,425. This is already a record for my monthly sales total, but I'm really excited about the $3,000 level. I still have three (relatively small) shows and a vendor fair left this month. Yippee!

Hopefully by posting an update here we can breathe life back into this thread. :) I just closed (finally) my bridal shower from last Saturday. I can't believe someone would choose to keep their show open for a WEEK because they didn't want to take the time to choose their free products. Anyway, the shower didn't do all that great (barely $300), but NO amount of host coaching was going to save it so I'm not too upset.

With two cooking shows, a bridal shower and a vendor fair that only yielded possible leads and no sales, I'm currently at $2527.24. I have three more cooking shows this month, one is my host club (guaranteed $200 sale) and another is a show where the host has already picked up a $243 outside order (woohoo!). My third show won't be until June 29th, so at least if that one doesn't close before the 30th I know I'll at least pass the $3,000 mark. That was my main goal!

Anyone else want to post their update? I like hearing how everyone else is doing, too, and I feel bad that I've posted twice in a row now...

Oh my....in the presence of PC greatness!
DebbieJ said:

Wow that's amazing, awesome, thrilling...and darned good Deb!!

Mazel tov!!!

susanr613 said:
Wow that's amazing, awesome, thrilling...and darned good Deb!!

Mazel tov!!!

Thanks, Susan. :D

OK, now that I've recovered from Deb's $9100 May....

I have had 4 shows and am at $2,053. I have 4 more cooking shows and a catalog show left. I was shooting for 6k, but will be happy with 3k and happier still if I meet my recurring monthly goal of 4k.

I turned in one show of $1300 and have some other random online and individual orders so I'm probably at $1500 by now. I turned in an APRIL show so my IPT number isn't true for Sell A Thon. Have four shows still to come and one is a repeat host who did $1k last time. :)

I'm at about $2250 for the month but one was from May for about $500. So, have hit level 1 so far. Have 4 more shows this month and several catty shows as well. My goal was the $6,000 but after having FOUR shows reschedule (UGH!) that may be tough. At least I'll earn level 2 and my monthly personal sales goal of $4,000 plus will earn the Director products as well. So, I'm happy!

I think I am at around $1880 so far with 5-6 more shows to go. I at least want to hit that $3K mark but $6K would be nicer...

I had 1 show last week that I am going to be closing tomorrow. When I left that show it was right around $400 but she had quite a few orders to collect (1 order is a huge one--the last time this lady ordered it was almost $400), so hopefully this show will be $800-1000. I have 1 show this week and then a fundrasier for a youth group next week. I am hoping to hit $3000 level.

Wow, I feel horrible next to all of you... I thought hitting the 3k mark would have been a piece of cake. I had 8 shows scheduled for the month and 2 possible catalog shows. Then I got 4 shows rescheduled for another month and I have not had much luck with the catalog hosts. I did manage to book some of the cancelled dates though.
So right now I am only at $435 in sales from one kitchen show. I have a catalog show closing this week that is at $245 right now. I have shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week and hope they turn out ok. I actually think they are all going to be a bust because I can't even get ahold of them to host coach...:( Our only contact is email and all of the hosts take forever to email back (like 4-6 days).
Fridays show is a 3x rescheduled show and I have a feeling I am going to be more of a caterer than anything else.

Saturday- Is a past hosts mom. I was finally able to get ahold of her on Friday and she requested catalogs be mailed. I asked her how many people she had coming and she said she isn't inviting people. Apparently my past host booked a show under her mom, but her mom is just showing up. The guests are all going to be people who just ordered in April. Not very promising.

Sunday-is my Nana's show- would be a wonderful show had her niece not had a show 2 weeks ago and had the whole family there. She can't even get RSVP's although she goes to all their shows and buys alot!!!
Then I have one more cooking show on the 28th and 2 catalog shows that said they would close this month. We will see what happens. Have a feeling I will just make $1500 for the month:(

Sorry so long. I promise my next update will be much shorter.

I am just over $1000 right now with a $700 show to submit tonight. I will at least hit the first level. I really want the $3000 level. I have two more shows this month. One is tomorrow, the other Saturday so we'll see how it goes. I had another on Saturday but that was changed to July because my cousin is in the National Guard and with all the flooding she has no time for anything else. Still working on it though!

I have $1700 in sales right now with 3 more shows to go and 3 shows currently still open so more sales there!! I was really hoping to hit the $6k mark but some reschedules happened so don't think I"ll hit it. I'll happily settle with over $3k. I'll also receive the directors package so lots of new products here!!

Still waiting for my 2 shows to close from this month, then my 3rd is this wed! I'm HOPING to reach the $1500 level?? Wishful thinking anyways! lol

Becky0216 said:
Wow, I feel horrible next to all of you... I thought hitting the 3k mark would have been a piece of cake. I had 8 shows scheduled for the month and 2 possible catalog shows. Then I got 4 shows rescheduled for another month and I have not had much luck with the catalog hosts. I did manage to book some of the cancelled dates though.
So right now I am only at $435 in sales from one kitchen show. I have a catalog show closing this week that is at $245 right now. I have shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week and hope they turn out ok. I actually think they are all going to be a bust because I can't even get ahold of them to host coach...:( Our only contact is email and all of the hosts take forever to email back (like 4-6 days).
Fridays show is a 3x rescheduled show and I have a feeling I am going to be more of a caterer than anything else.

Saturday- Is a past hosts mom. I was finally able to get ahold of her on Friday and she requested catalogs be mailed. I asked her how many people she had coming and she said she isn't inviting people. Apparently my past host booked a show under her mom, but her mom is just showing up. The guests are all going to be people who just ordered in April. Not very promising.

Sunday-is my Nana's show- would be a wonderful show had her niece not had a show 2 weeks ago and had the whole family there. She can't even get RSVP's although she goes to all their shows and buys alot!!!
Then I have one more cooking show on the 28th and 2 catalog shows that said they would close this month. We will see what happens. Have a feeling I will just make $1500 for the month:(

Becky don't feel horrible next to this over-achievers. I'm just submitting two shows this month and getting that level. July is looking to be my bigger month (people love the host special). ;) Each person has their own level and priorities - set a goal APPROPRIATE to you, go for it and celebrate when you get it!

Becky0216 said:

Don't feel horrible!!! I think the nice thing about this business is that we can adjust things to accommodate our families and our everyday lives. I've had really good months and then really not-so-good months. I think the only reason I had a good June so far was because I was determined not to repeat my Fall Sell-A-Thon experience (I barely had two shows submitted and wasn't even close to the $1,500 mark). Next month I'll go right back to my regular schedule. :)

Whoohooo! My 2nd show is closing at $926ish (unless she has more orders tomorrow). And my 3rd is at $457 which brings me to $1700ish, and I have 1 catty show to hopefuly qualify to bring me over the top! I totally thought I wouldn't come close to the $1500 level with only 3.5 shows for this month! Now it's just a matter of closing All out before 6-30-08!!!!! ;)

heat123 said:
Whoohooo! My 2nd show is closing at $926ish (unless she has more orders tomorrow). And my 3rd is at $457 which brings me to $1700ish, and I have 1 catty show to hopefuly qualify to bring me over the top! I totally thought I wouldn't come close to the $1500 level with only 3.5 shows for this month! Now it's just a matter of closing All out before 6-30-08!!!!! ;)

That's awesome, Heather! Way to go!

I have a show I'm turning in tonight ... $550 and change.I have another show that turned into a catty show ... and now she is starting to ask about waiting til people get paid on the 3rd ... and another catty host who wants to milk the last minute. The third one is leaving town on Friday and needs to close before then! I am WAY short of $1,500 and am a bit worried about the 2 shows level. AT least my July is booked solid ... only because most of my weekends are consumed by a holiday, conference and working a booth at a fair!

I'm at $2200. My current show is at $330 with more orders to come. I have one more on Saturday. It will be close...

<h2>1. Is numbness in my fingers a sign of a serious injury?</h2><p>Numbness in the fingers can be a symptom of a serious injury, but it can also be caused by other factors such as nerve compression or carpal tunnel syndrome. It's important to consult a doctor to determine the cause of the numbness and receive proper treatment.</p><h2>2. How can I determine if my numbness is caused by a serious injury or something else?</h2><p>The best way to determine the cause of your numbness is to consult a doctor. They can perform tests and evaluations to determine the underlying issue and provide appropriate treatment.</p><h2>3. Can previous surgeries on my back contribute to numbness in my fingers?</h2><p>It is possible that previous surgeries on your back can contribute to numbness in your fingers. It's important to discuss this with your doctor to determine if there is a connection and what steps can be taken to alleviate the numbness.</p><h2>4. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the numbness in my fingers?</h2><p>Resting your arm and elbow and avoiding activities that may aggravate the numbness can help alleviate it. You can also consult a doctor for specific exercises or treatments to help alleviate the numbness.</p><h2>5. What is "e-stim" and can it help with my numbness?</h2><p>"E-stim" or electrical stimulation is a treatment that uses electrodes to send small electrical impulses to targeted areas of the body. It can help relax muscles and alleviate pain or numbness. Consult with your doctor to see if this treatment is suitable for your condition.</p>

Related to Is Numbness in My Fingers a Sign of a Serious Injury?

1. Is numbness in my fingers a sign of a serious injury?

Numbness in the fingers can be a symptom of a serious injury, but it can also be caused by other factors such as nerve compression or carpal tunnel syndrome. It's important to consult a doctor to determine the cause of the numbness and receive proper treatment.

2. How can I determine if my numbness is caused by a serious injury or something else?

The best way to determine the cause of your numbness is to consult a doctor. They can perform tests and evaluations to determine the underlying issue and provide appropriate treatment.

3. Can previous surgeries on my back contribute to numbness in my fingers?

It is possible that previous surgeries on your back can contribute to numbness in your fingers. It's important to discuss this with your doctor to determine if there is a connection and what steps can be taken to alleviate the numbness.

4. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the numbness in my fingers?

Resting your arm and elbow and avoiding activities that may aggravate the numbness can help alleviate it. You can also consult a doctor for specific exercises or treatments to help alleviate the numbness.

5. What is "e-stim" and can it help with my numbness?

"E-stim" or electrical stimulation is a treatment that uses electrodes to send small electrical impulses to targeted areas of the body. It can help relax muscles and alleviate pain or numbness. Consult with your doctor to see if this treatment is suitable for your condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies