• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cutting My Finger & Booking a Show

In summary, after 11 years, a performer finally cuts their finger at a show. The performer was doing the desert pizza and used the green bread knife to loosen the cookie from the stone. This was their first interactive show. They kept pressure on the finger and finished the show. They went home and their DH took them in for stitches. They got a booking as a result.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
Well, it finally happened. After 11 years I finally cut my finger at a show! I was doing the desert pizza, and using the green bread knife to loosen the cookie from the stone........ And I did my first interative show!
I kept pressure on it, and finished the show, but it just wouldn't stop bleeding. When I got home, my DH thought he should take me in for stitches, I wasn't sure, but agreed to go. I still had my PC shirt on, everyone at the ER had funny comments. But I got a Booking! One guy was walking by my cubicle and saw what was going on, and stuck his head in and said he had been looking for a PC consultant. 6 stiches later I have a show booked for Nov!!

So sorry.. but great working the situation. Maybe you'll get great sales from that show too. 6 stitches.. I guess you cut it pretty good.

Talk about turning a bad situation into a good one! That's so funny that you were "working" when you clearly weren't. I love it!

I don't know of anyone else who's booked a show in an ER setting wtg!!

So far the green bread knife has gotten me 3 times!! :eek: Luckily they were not bad. The one time was at the begining of my day at my booth of a street fair....:yuck:

Way to make good on a bad situation. Hope you heal quickly.

Sorry to hear you cut yourself but that is exciting someone booking when the situtation wasn't the best. Hope your finger heals good. I love those people who come up to you and say I have been looking for a consultant and it is on a postivie note.

Green tomato knife has gotten me, but at home. Heal quickly!

Glad you got a booking out of a crummy situation!!

Hope you feel better soon!

I cut my thumb slicing green onions with the 5" Santoku last Tuesday night at a show. It wouldn't stop bleeding for a long time. The hostess had to finish the show. They all worked at the health department and said I need about three stitches but I didn't go. Then on Friday it popped back open and it was too late for stitches.
On Saturday I had to do a show and had a bandaid on it. I was using the can opener and felt the band aid come off. I kept talking and looking down trying to find it. Well....wouldn't you know it had landed in the food. UGH!!!!
After 1175 shows, this was the third time I cut myself and on this particular show it ended up at $1200 and I got 5 bookings off it.
Amazing....
I have another show tonight so maybe I need to wear another band aid. :)

I'm so sorry you cut yourself, but way to go on getting a booking in the ER. I am a nurse and I know how much nurses love PC. I periodically go to my local hospital just to visit with old co-workers and come back with orders.

1. How can I prevent cutting my finger while using Pampered Chef knives?

To prevent cutting your finger while using Pampered Chef knives, it is important to always use caution and proper techniques when handling sharp objects. Make sure to always keep your fingers away from the blade and use a cutting board to protect your hands. It is also recommended to use a knife with a comfortable grip and a sharp blade to minimize the risk of injury.

2. What should I do if I accidentally cut my finger while using a Pampered Chef knife?

If you accidentally cut your finger while using a Pampered Chef knife, immediately stop what you are doing and tend to the injury. Apply pressure to the wound with a clean cloth or bandage until the bleeding stops. If the cut is deep or does not stop bleeding, seek medical attention.

3. Can I still host a Pampered Chef show if I have a cut on my finger?

Yes, you can still host a Pampered Chef show if you have a cut on your finger. However, it is important to take precautions and avoid using sharp objects or handling hot items during the show. You may also want to consider having a co-host or helper to assist with tasks that may be difficult with a cut on your finger.

4. Are there any Pampered Chef products specifically designed to prevent cutting injuries?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are specifically designed to prevent cutting injuries. These include cut-resistant gloves, knife guards, and ergonomic knives with safety features. You can also find safety tips and techniques in our product manuals and on our website to help minimize the risk of cutting injuries.

5. How can I book a Pampered Chef show?

Booking a Pampered Chef show is easy! You can either host a show yourself or attend one hosted by a friend or family member. To host a show, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. Your consultant will work with you to schedule a date, time, and location for your show. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on your show's sales, so it's a great way to try out our products and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
Replies
Views
dianevill