• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My 1st Real Show Planned Out Perfectly?

In summary, the author is considering hosting a show and is looking for advice on what to do. She is considering making a 30 minute chicken recipe with the aoli spread for sandwiches as her main dish and a dessert. She does not want to do a long show or a show that is too complicated. She wants to make it easy for the host and guests.
SilverCeladon
I have three shows scheduled for March. My first one is on the 19th. (I scheduled them out that far because I wanted to make sure I got the freebies that are between 3/16-4/20)

Anyways I was thinking about making the 30 minute chicken recipe with the aioli spread for sandwiches. For dessert I was going to make chocolate cake in the rice cooker. I might add a salad to show off the salad dressing mixer-I can't even remember the name of it right now....is that enough to make? I don't want to have a super short show but I don't want to have a super long one either.

That is more than what a lot of people make! Remember that we are there to give them a taste, not feed them. I would ask the host to make a salad if she wants, and that you will provide the dressing... I would also ask her to provide any extras for the sandwiches. I usually do 2 recipes, one tougher and one easy...or bring the 2nd one already or mostly made.

Okay, that does sound better. I just do the dressing for the salad then. I was worried because while the chicken is cooking-I'll probably have it done by the time the guests arrive-that all I'll be making is the spread and that doesn't take long at all.

SilverCeladon said:
Okay, that does sound better. I just do the dressing for the salad then. I was worried because while the chicken is cooking-I'll probably have it done by the time the guests arrive-that all I'll be making is the spread and that doesn't take long at all.

I would wiat and do the chicken when the guests first arrive...and then while it is in the microwave, do the spread and your talk...go through the catty or some products. And you can also get the cake ready to go so that you can put it in soon after the chicken comes out!

WOW!!! Slow down! What you don't want to happen is make it look too hard to do or too expensive to host! If you want to do the 30 minute chicken, great. While the chicken is cooking, make something to go along with the chicken, like the aoli spread for the sandwiches. Then use the Simple Additions to display all the sandwich fixings as you prep them. If you still want to do a dessert, have one of the guests or the hosts put the batter together and place it in the microwave once the chicken is out.Look at what you want to do from a cost perspective.
Chicken - $3 (average)
Ingredients for aoli - $3
Chocolate Cake Mix - $1
Ingredients for cake - $3
Lettuce - $1
Other assorted veggies - $10 (it can get pricey depending on what you use!)
Dressing ingredients - $4$25 total - and that is if the host doesn't have anything else!Yes, some of the ingredients might be on hand, but the host will still have to replace them at some time in the future.As for the time, this really sounds like it could be a long show! Especially since you have never done it before and you could be nervous, forget things, etc. Then there always seems to be people with tons of questions when you are trying something new! Murphy's Law or something. Make the decision for yourself, but my director (NED Susan Kaufmann) makes only one recipe per show unless she has a specific goal in mind - like selling more 12" skillets - and then she will add an easy recipe like the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.

Wow Kate-you're so right! I didn't even think of the cost! I wonder if I should do the Three Cheese Garden Pizza instead? lol

You might want to offer to bring the cake batter or something. Make it simple and fun!

I think that the 30 minute chicken is a GREAT idea, and will actually be easier than most of the other recipes. Then just do the spread when you first put the chicken in. That should be enough!

Okay...I was wanting to do the chicken recipe because it is easy. I don't need something complicated while doing my first show-I can't imagine talking and cooking at one time! If it's short it's short, right? I guess I will get better as time goes on. Thanks for your replies!

Short is sometimes better. Plan to do a game or two and maybe even have the guests get involved. That should lengthen the time of the show a bit. Also realize that a lot of people are busy and don't have time to sit through a 2 hour show - and not many people want to. So, this might show them that they too can book and have a short show and get busy people to come. It also shows them that you value their time. In fact, you might want to say that at the beginning so that they understand when it is short. When you mean short, how short? My show last weekend was 40 minutes. However, the guests chatted for the first 10-15 and then I got started. It had been an hour since the "show time" when I finished. Then I was able to mingle with them and answer any questions. That one-on-one time with the guests to "help them spend their money" is crucial to sales and bookings. And, who knows, you might find someone who is too shy to ask about the opportunity in a group but might ask you some red flag questions when you are talking privately.You'll do great!

So, what did you decide to do?

Related to Is My 1st Real Show Planned Out Perfectly?

What is the purpose of the 1st real show?

The 1st real show is designed to introduce customers to our products and give them a chance to try them out for themselves. This helps them make informed purchasing decisions and gives them a positive first experience with our brand.

How do I host a 1st real show?

To host a 1st real show, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date. They will guide you through the process and provide all the necessary materials and information to make your show a success.

What are the benefits of attending a 1st real show?

Attending a 1st real show allows you to see our products in action and ask any questions you may have. You will also have the opportunity to try our products and experience their quality first-hand. Plus, there are often special offers and discounts available at these shows.

Can I earn rewards for hosting a 1st real show?

Yes, as a host of a 1st real show, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales made at your show. Your consultant will provide more information on the specific rewards program for hosting a show.

What types of products will be featured at a 1st real show?

The products featured at a 1st real show will vary, but typically they will showcase our best-selling and newest products. Your consultant will work with you to determine which products will be most relevant and appealing to your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vminaudo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pvt35115
  • kitchen queen