• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of the Box Power Cooking Show

In summary, a person has booked a power cooking show with a twist where 10-15 moms will each make 2 freezer meals to take home after a demo. The cost for each person is $20 and includes 2 freezer meals, chicken dishes, and food at the party. The host is planning to make a large batch of quick chicken primavera risotto, garlic pull aparts, and a dessert. They are looking for suggestions for an easy dessert and another entree that can feed a lot of people for a little money. Some suggestions for make-ahead recipes are "dump chicken" recipes such as Cranberry DUMP Chicken Lite, Creole DUMP Chicken Lite, Garlic Dijon DUMP Chicken, Teriyaki
jcwarr
well i just booked a power cooking show with a twist. i seem to do this to myself!!! i have over 10 - 15 moms coming to a show and each one of them is making 2 freezer meals to take home after my demo! here's m question - they are paying $20 each which inlcudes 2 freezer meals (chicken dishes) and food at the party. i was thinking of making a huge batch of the quick chicken primavera risotto, garlic pull aparts and a dessert. does anyone have any suggestions for the dessert - or another entree that will feed a lot of people for a little money. what about the freezer meals - i was thinking caesar chicken (chicken, caesar dressing and gralic) and asian chicken (chicken, honey, ginger, garlic, soy sauce among a few other things). i need the recipes to be easy as they all have to make them but i want them to use the products too. i also wanted to make something a little more than just plain brownies for dessert. thanks for any help!!

I'd love to hear more about your plans as you pull things together, and also follow up after the show to hear how it went.
good luck!

As far as the make ahead recipes, have you heard of "dump chicken"?

You can go through these recipes and see how many of them would showcase our tools....

Cranberry DUMP Chicken Lite
2 tsp butter, melted
1 Tbl Soy Sauce
½ c cranberry juice
¼ c orange juice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1½ lb Boneless Skinless chicken breast, 4 to 6
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer. *

Creole DUMP Chicken Lite
1 tsp Olive Oil
¼ c Chopped Onion
¼ c Bell Pepper
1 clove Garlic, minced
14 oz Whole Tomatoes, chopped & drained
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
½ tsp Dried Basil
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Tabasco Sauce
1½ lb Boneless Skinless chicken breast
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.*

Garlic Dijon DUMP Chicken
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Tbl Dijon Mustard
2 Tbl Lime Juice
1½ lb Chicken Pieces
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat
in freezer.*

Teriyaki DUMP Chicken
1 Clove Garlic -- Crushed
1/3 c Soy Sauce
2 Tbl Rice Wine (Or Sherry)
1½ Tbl Cider Vinegar
1½ Tbl Brown Sugar
1½ Tbl Minced Ginger
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

Triple Citrus Chicken (DD's all-time favorite!)
6 skinless, boneless breasts
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 Tbl chives, chopped
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
3 Tbl fresh lime juice
2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
1 Tbl honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbl vegetable oil

in freezer.*

Lemon and Garlic DUMP Chicken
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
4 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Tbl Chopped Parsley
3 Tbl Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Pepper
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

*To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer. (I put mine in a bowl/dish in case it leaks.). Preheat the oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

These aren't official "dump" recipes, but I've used them the same way.
Garlic Lime Chicken
4 chicken breast
½ c low sodium soy sauce
¼ c fresh lime juice
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp coarsely ground pepper

Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and mustard. Place chicken in bowl and pour sauce over all. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with pepper. Spray non-stick frypan with butter-flavored cooking spray and heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Serves 4

Grilled Sesame Chicken
6 chicken breasts
2 Tbl sesame seeds
1 Tbl sugar
½ c soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ c water
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ c vegetable or olive oil
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
¼ c chopped white onion

In large non-metallic container, mix together soy sauce, water, oil, onion, sesame seeds, sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper. Add chicken, cover tightly and refrigerate at least 12 hours, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve liquid. Grill chicken until done, basting with marinade every 15 minutes. Makes 4-6 servings.

Honey Ginger DUMP Chicken
4 Tbl Chopped Onion
1½ Tbl Honey
1 Tbl Soy Sauce
1 Tbl Minced Ginger
2 Tbl Sherry
¼ c Chives
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

Pepper lime DUMP Chicken
½ tsp Lime Peel
2 cloves Garlic, minced
¼ c Lime Juice
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbl Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Basil
¼ tsp Salt
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

**To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer. (I put mine in a bowl/dish in case it leaks.). Preheat the oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

These aren't official "dump" recipes, but I've used them the same way.
South of the Border Chicken
4 boneless, skinless breasts
½ cup vegetable or olive oil
2 Tbl lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp chili powder
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp cayenne

Castillian Grilled Chicken
2 Tbl soy sauce
2 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp cayenne
4 boneless, skinless breasts

Cajun Marinade
½ c olive oil
¼ c vinegar
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp leaf oregeno
1 tsp leaf thyme
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground hot red pepper
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
This one is good for chicken or veggies!

Sticky Chicky "DUMP" Recipe
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Smooth Peanut Butter
3 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Pieces
For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients
into a
large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run
clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken
breasts).
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay
flat
in freezer.
To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make
sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest
from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this
may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat
the
oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish
and
bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or
20-30
minutes for chicken breasts).

Oh and I would make the killer kahlua chocolate cake microwaved in the fluted pan -- put it in as you are assembling and it will smell up the whole kitchen!

Prof. Puffs from last seasonThese make lots and can be frozen right along with their meals!!

Lisa

Joy, Could you please email to me or post the Kahlua cake recipe?

Thanks!!!

I would like it also. Is it a PC recipe? Thanks!!!!

Killer Kahlua CakeHere is a recipe for a Kahlua cake I found on here a while back. Certainly sounds good!

KILLER KAHLUA CAKE

1 box chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1-cup milk chocolate chips
1 (3.9oz.) instant chocolate pudding
1/3 cup Kahlua
1-pint sour cream

Mix all, pour into well greased Fluted Pan. Microwave 14-16 minutes -turning after 8-9 minutes if not a turntable in microwave. Invert onto serving plate and remove pan after 10 minutes. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

There's another version of this recipe on here that is identical except that it calls for "cook and serve" pudding, instead of the "instant" kind. Does anyone know if this makes a difference in the taste or texture?

Last edited:
Cook and serve pudding is best. I found it turns out gummy when I use instant.

recipesthank you so much for the recipes!!! they are just what i was looking for!!!! i will post more info as i make my plans as well as how it goes!

I have never heard of DUMP Chicken before. Have you actually tried this, and it is so easy?

How about 4 chicken breasts each 1 can of Rotell Tomatoes each and 1 Taco Seasoning packet each. Mix all together In Gallon Freezer Bags & store in the freezer, voila you've got fiesta chicken!

The Quick Apple crisp is inexpensive and delish!:p

Last edited:
show detailswell - i have been working with the host for this out of the box show - and i hope i haven't screwed myself!! they are expecting dinner as well the 2 freezer meals each - they are paying $20 each to cover the cost. my fear is that this will not cover the cost!!! i just got an email from the host - actually there are co-hosts - and they were expecting to pay $20 as well - but not extra for the meal i am preparing. am i crazy to think i can provide dinner (which includes appetizer, main dish and dessert) as well as 2 chicken dinners to feed 4 for only $20?!?!?! oh well - live and learn!!! i hope these ladies at least buy something - my shows are not real salesy to begin with - but the host wants this to be more of a cooking lesson than a sales pitch.
i'm sorry i'm rambling - i'm very jet lagged as we just arrived in london and i am trying to conduct business back in los angeles which is 8 hours behind!!!!!

dinnerhere's my plan for the dinner portion- which i will prepare before guests arrive as is typical with power cooking shows. i'm making the roasted garilc spread and the italian olive salad, the quick chicken primavera risotto, and the tiramisu brownie squares. everyone always loves these recipes!

as for the freezer meals i'm still deciding. i want something easy but at the same time - i want to showcase certain products like the garlic press, food chopper, knives and the stoneware and cookware. any other tools youthink i should highlight for busy moms? i don't want fancy tools - just basic ones you can't live without.

lastly, i am putting together gift sets to help entice them - with either a discount or free item with each set.

What is the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Show"?

The "Out of the Box Power Cooking Show" is a virtual cooking demonstration offered by Pampered Chef that showcases quick and easy recipes using our products.

How long is the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Show"?

The show typically lasts around 30 minutes, but can vary depending on the number of recipes being demonstrated.

Do I need to purchase any products to attend the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Show"?

No, you do not need to make any purchases to attend the show. However, if you are interested in purchasing any of the products used in the recipes, you can do so through the provided links during the show.

Can I ask questions during the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Show"?

Yes, there will be a chat feature available during the show where you can ask questions and interact with the host and other attendees.

How do I sign up for the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Show"?

You can sign up for the show on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply choose a date and time that works for you and provide your contact information to reserve your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CAmomCookin4U
  • DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • flemings99