• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of the Box Power Cooking Update

In summary, Jen shared her experience with power cooking shows and how they have resulted in different sales, ranging from $400 to $700. She also mentioned making changes, such as having guests see products being used, and how an "Out of the Box" power cooking show was a huge success for future bookings. She also provided a list of freezer meal recipes and recommended having at least 10-15 people for the Out of the Box show to make it worthwhile. She also shared her triple citrus chicken recipe.
jcwarr
well this post is long overdue as i said i would post the results - but after a crazy few weeks packed with shows and then moving to london - it hasn't been easy to find extra time!! try making cc calls with an 8 hour time difference!! :) anyways - i have now done several power cooking shows and each one was different! i find all my shows are dif't as i do not follow a specific script - even when i have one i tend not to follow it - it's the teacher in me that follows my students' interests and leads :)

for each of the parties i made either taco soup or chicken primavera risotto and mom's apple crisp or tiramisu brownie squares for dessert - all of which was ready when the guests arrive. they ate and then the show began where i showed them how to prep 3 freezer meals (babyback ribs, caesar chicken and triple citrus chicken). i gave them a file folder to keep that i labeled already and in it i put the recipes, menu suggestions, power tool list, order form, catalog, holiday wish list and gift set ideas. each show has resulted in dif't sales from $400 - $700.

having done a few - i would make some changes. i think people are more apt to buy products when they see them being used - and i don't mean to prep a freezer meal - i mean the meal they are going to sample. i haven't figured out how i will do this - but it's a thought i have. the one thing i will say - my out of the box power cooking show was a huge success for future bookings!! for this one i had everyone prepay money and i set up a freezer meal assembly line. they each made 2 meals to take home. i got over 9 bookings and it was at least $700 in sales with a $150 outside order that just came in from a mother in law for a guest's holiday wish list! (too bad i couldn't have added it to the show!) i will definitely do this again BUT it is more work than a regular show. so if you do not want to add some extra work to your life - don't do it - i just found it interesting and everyone loved it!

i can't think of anything else right now - but if anyone has any questions - please just ask!!!!
jen

Jen, thanks for sharing your experience. What is the ideal number of people for the Out of the Box Power Cooking Show?Also, the Triple Citrus Chicken sounds great-- where can I find that recipe?Thanks!
Kimmy

triple citrussome amazing person on this site posted some great recipes when i asked for freezer worthy ones - her list is below. as for the amount of people - i had 20 confirmed and paid. (one had to cancel - so someone else took her place and the host made the freezer meals for the absent woman - so i ended up with 21) i would say it depends on where you are setting up - but at least 10 - 15 to make it worthwhile. of course i say that and then someone will have 8 people and i will still do it! :) just make sure you charge enough to cover your costs and then some. it was the first time i did it and i will definitely charge more next time!!!

Triple Citrus Chicken (DD's all-time favorite!)
6 skinless, boneless breasts
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 Tbl chives, chopped
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
3 Tbl fresh lime juice
2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
1 Tbl honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbl vegetable oil

For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat
in freezer.*

Cranberry DUMP Chicken Lite
2 tsp butter, melted
1 Tbl Soy Sauce
½ c cranberry juice
¼ c orange juice
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1½ lb Boneless Skinless chicken breast, 4 to 6
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer. *

Creole DUMP Chicken Lite
1 tsp Olive Oil
¼ c Chopped Onion
¼ c Bell Pepper
1 clove Garlic, minced
14 oz Whole Tomatoes, chopped & drained
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
½ tsp Dried Basil
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Tabasco Sauce
1½ lb Boneless Skinless chicken breast
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.*

Garlic Dijon DUMP Chicken
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Tbl Dijon Mustard
2 Tbl Lime Juice
1½ lb Chicken Pieces
in freezer.*

Teriyaki DUMP Chicken
1 Clove Garlic -- Crushed
1/3 c Soy Sauce
2 Tbl Rice Wine (Or Sherry)
1½ Tbl Cider Vinegar
1½ Tbl Brown Sugar
1½ Tbl Minced Ginger
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

Lemon and Garlic DUMP Chicken
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
4 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Tbl Chopped Parsley
3 Tbl Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Pepper
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

*To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer. (I put mine in a bowl/dish in case it leaks.). Preheat the oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

These aren't official "dump" recipes, but I've used them the same way.
Garlic Lime Chicken
4 chicken breast
½ c low sodium soy sauce
¼ c fresh lime juice
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp coarsely ground pepper

Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and mustard. Place chicken in bowl and pour sauce over all. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with pepper. Spray non-stick frypan with butter-flavored cooking spray and heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes on each side or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Serves 4

Grilled Sesame Chicken
6 chicken breasts
2 Tbl sesame seeds
1 Tbl sugar
½ c soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ c water
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ c vegetable or olive oil
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
¼ c chopped white onion

In large non-metallic container, mix together soy sauce, water, oil, onion, sesame seeds, sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper. Add chicken, cover tightly and refrigerate at least 12 hours, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade and reserve liquid. Grill chicken until done, basting with marinade every 15 minutes. Makes 4-6 servings.

Honey Ginger DUMP Chicken
4 Tbl Chopped Onion
1½ Tbl Honey
1 Tbl Soy Sauce
1 Tbl Minced Ginger
2 Tbl Sherry
¼ c Chives
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

Pepper lime DUMP Chicken
½ tsp Lime Peel
2 cloves Garlic, minced
¼ c Lime Juice
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbl Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Basil
¼ tsp Salt
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

in freezer.*

**To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer. (I put mine in a bowl/dish in case it leaks.). Preheat the oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).

These aren't official "dump" recipes, but I've used them the same way.
South of the Border Chicken
4 boneless, skinless breasts
½ cup vegetable or olive oil
2 Tbl lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp chili powder
½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp cayenne

Castillian Grilled Chicken
2 Tbl soy sauce
2 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin
¼ tsp cayenne
4 boneless, skinless breasts

Cajun Marinade
½ c olive oil
¼ c vinegar
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp leaf oregeno
1 tsp leaf thyme
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground hot red pepper
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
This one is good for chicken or veggies!

Sticky Chicky "DUMP" Recipe
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Smooth Peanut Butter
3 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Pieces
For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients
into a
large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run
clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken
breasts).
For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay
flat
in freezer.
To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make
sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest
from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this
may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat
the
oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish
and
bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or
20-30
minutes for chicken breasts).

How much did you have them prepay? Were there any guests that did not want to make the recipes and came without paying?

powereveryone paid - it was actually set up more as a make some freezer meals kind of event than a pampered chef show. it was for a mom's night out and everyone wanted the meals. i would have been fine if someone wanted to come and not get the meals - but no one asked. it is amazing to me how many people want to have shows now and how many are waiting until i return!:)

i charged $20 - which included the meal i made and their 2 freezer meals. the co-hosts also paid the $20 - but nothing more. this is the part i would change next time - i screwed myself. i ended up making money - but not enough for all the work. next time i might only offer 1 freezer meal and charge at least $30 which will include the freezer meal and dinner. it wasn't just a taste - which i know some pampered chef shows are - actually probably most. for this show - it is advertised to include dinner.

forgot to addi forgot to add that i also made the garlic pull aparts. i really tried to think about which pieces i wanted to showcase in both my presentation and dinner - executive cookware, stoneware, simple additions, chopper, meat tenderizer, citrus press, knives, to name a few.

What makes it a DUMP recipe? That everything is just dumped together? Sorry I'm clueless today....my brain is dead!:)

dump recipei have no idea :) that's just what she called them and i believe it is b/c you just dump all the ingredients together!!

Thanks so much for the recipes-- they sound really good, and really easy!

Where can I find out more info about power cooking? CC? I have never heard of this before!

Dump cakeYep that's why. I make a dump cake in my kid's cooking class that consists of yellow cake mix, can of cherry pie filling, I can crushed pineapples (not drained), 1 8 oz bag of your favorite nuts (I love pecans), 1 stick of butter, coconut flakes are optional. Combine all ingredients in 13 x 9 rec. baker and add pats of butter all along the top.
Bake for 30-40 minutes.
It's so easy and so good!! The kids loved it!!
Debbie :D

Advertising of Power Cooking
jcwarr said:
everyone paid - it was actually set up more as a make some freezer meals kind of event than a pampered chef show. it was for a mom's night out and everyone wanted the meals. i would have been fine if someone wanted to come and not get the meals - but no one asked. it is amazing to me how many people want to have shows now and how many are waiting until i return!:)

i charged $20 - which included the meal i made and their 2 freezer meals. the co-hosts also paid the $20 - but nothing more. this is the part i would change next time - i screwed myself. i ended up making money - but not enough for all the work. next time i might only offer 1 freezer meal and charge at least $30 which will include the freezer meal and dinner. it wasn't just a taste - which i know some pampered chef shows are - actually probably most. for this show - it is advertised to include dinner.

Jen i love all the recipes. How did you advertise for the show and what the products used were? Could you e-mail me a sample of your Folder? I would really love to try this. Laurel

1. What is included in the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Update"?

The "Out of the Box Power Cooking Update" includes a new recipe book with 50 quick and easy recipes, a set of microwave-safe cookware, and a guide on how to make the most of your microwave for cooking.

2. Can the cookware in the update be used in any type of microwave?

Yes, the cookware included in the update is designed to be used in any type of microwave, including standard, convection, and combination microwaves.

3. Are the recipes in the update healthy and nutritious?

Yes, our team of chefs and nutritionists have carefully curated the recipes to be both delicious and nutritious. They include a variety of protein, vegetables, and grains to provide a well-rounded meal.

4. How do I access the guide on using the microwave for cooking?

The guide is included in the update as a physical booklet. You can also access it online on our website or through our mobile app.

5. Can the "Out of the Box Power Cooking Update" be purchased separately from other Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the update can be purchased separately from other Pampered Chef products. However, we recommend using our cookware and tools for the best cooking experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jcwarr
  • DebsApronStrings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • flemings99