• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Multiple Registry Chaos Ruining Your Wedding Gift Plans?

In summary, people often register for a large amount of Pampered Chef products from a consultant, but then also register for similar items at other places. This can be frustrating for the consultant, who may have already purchased a gift for the couple. The couple may also end up with mismatched items from different registries. Some consultants have tried to suggest to couples that they not duplicate items on multiple registries, but this can be seen as tacky. Overall, it seems that people don't always think things through when registering and may not realize the impact it can have on their consultant or the quality of their gifts.
chefmelody
Don't you hate it when a couple registers for a wonderful amount of Pampered Chef products from you... and then goes and registers for similar items at other places? :mad: Of COURSE their guests are going to go for the cheaper option! I have a couple who was all excited about getting PC products for their wedding... they even registered for cookware and ALL the stoneware! Then... they registered at Bed Bath & Beyond... for cookware! And Target for other cooking tools! ARGH. I got the invitation to the bridal shower, and I was so depressed when I was looking at their other registeries. I thought this couple wouldn't do something like that... they really seemed to want PC stuff, but now they're not going to get it. I bought a PC gift for them, of course, but as far as I've seen, no one else has. And the wedding shower is next Saturday. :( (She didn't want a PC-only shower.) So I'm going to have to sit there and watch the bride open tons of packages of INFERIOR KITCHEN ITEMS, and I'll have to hold my tongue... AGAIN. This same thing happened to me with my sister-in-law's registry. It's frustrating.

:( Yeah, like they don't take it as seriously :( I am sorry to hear that you are going through that!

Snugs, that stinks. I think people just don't think things through all the way. Probably some helpful relative said something about people liking to have options and it went downhill from there.

tlennhoff said:
Snugs, that stinks. I think people just don't think things through all the way. Probably some helpful relative said something about people liking to have options and it went downhill from there.

Yeah... even worse, they're going to get a bunch of mismatched stuff, since the other stuff they registered for doesn't coordinate with PC colors at all. :(

Would it be tacky to suggest to them (during the registry "sell") that if they decide to have multiple registries that it would be in their best interest NOT to duplicate items from their other registry? My cousin did this to me...registered with PC, BBB and Macy's I just explained the difference in quality over price. She agreed but then later postponed the wedding (yes they are still together) and now I have no registry. Oh well, next time I will let the host (bride) know to register everywhere if she chooses...but different things on the different registries (i.e. PC - cooking essentials, BBB -linens, Macy's electric appliances, etc)

you know what I hate? when the flaky Maid of Honor doesn't put the registry cards in the shower invites!!
The couple has registered at BB&B also for similar things but most of the pricey items were w/ PC...people bought up everything at BB&B and the PC reg. stands at $147 ! because nobody KNOWS ABOUT IT!

I had a registry last year that the bride never told anyone about except her future SIL who bought the cookware for them. she never responded to my calls or emails about using her FPV so I finally told the SIL who ended up using it for herself before it expired.

My SIL got married last summer. She and her husband registered at 5 different places, with lots of duplicates among the registries. Then, she was disappointed that her PC registry never earned her anything. In addition, my MIL ordered a PC gift certificate from me for a shower gift. I tried and tried to convince her that this would work against her daughter's interests. No luck.

Some people's children. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0082.gif

What's worse is when the guests don't follow it! I had a guest at my cousin's shower (one of my aunt's coworkers) call last Tues for a shower Sat asking how it worked...well actually we didn't talk until Wed b/c her vm just said "call me"...When I told her she orders and it's shipped, and that if she ordered that morning and picked overnight she would PROBABLY get by the shower but I couldn't 100% guarantee, she then went to Target (cousin isn't even reg there) and bought 2 things that looked like SA, including a rectangle one that had already been bought off the reg by my family!!

Worst part is this lady came to my aunt's show, so she knows you have to have the stuff shipped, not like I have in stock. UGH. I should have told her to buy a gc.

yummy4tummy said:
Would it be tacky to suggest to them (during the registry "sell") that if they decide to have multiple registries that it would be in their best interest NOT to duplicate items from their other registry? ...different things on the different registries (i.e. PC - cooking essentials, BBB -linens, Macy's electric appliances, etc)

I really should do that... I don't think it's "tacky." To me, it's just common sense, but then again, what's common sense to me usually isn't to other people! You'd think people would figure something like that out on their own, but I suppose we'll have to gently help them along. :eek:

One thing I suspect... brides get "registry fever" and feel like they have to register for everything they might possibly ever want... not realizing that they're not actually going to GET all of it!

But this couple... I don't know, they could end up with three different sets of cookware if they got everything! :rolleyes:

chefmelody said:
I really should do that... I don't think it's "tacky." To me, it's just common sense, but then again, what's common sense to me usually isn't to other people! You'd think people would figure something like that out on their own, but I suppose we'll have to gently help them along. :eek:

One thing I suspect... brides get "registry fever" and feel like they have to register for everything they might possibly ever want... not realizing that they're not actually going to GET all of it!

But this couple... I don't know, they could end up with three different sets of cookware if they got everything! :rolleyes:

But, hopefully they would return the others ;)

1. Can I have more than one registry on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, you can have up to three registries on our website. This allows you to create separate lists for different occasions, such as a wedding registry and a birthday registry.

2. How do I create multiple registries?

To create multiple registries, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Registries" section. From there, you can click on the "Create Registry" button and follow the prompts to set up your additional registries.

3. Can I add items from the main Pampered Chef website to my multiple registries?

Yes, you can add any item from our main website to your registries. Simply click on the "Add to Registry" button on the product page and select which registry you want to add it to.

4. Do I need to have a separate account for each registry?

No, you can manage all of your registries from one account. This makes it easier to keep track of your lists and make any necessary updates.

5. Can I share my registries with others?

Yes, you can share your registries with friends and family by providing them with the link to your registry or by searching for your registry on our website. They can then view your list and purchase items for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adnoel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
llespinoza
  • darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • ilovpc