• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it time for some real coaching from my director?

John Silvers!! :DIn summary, the conversation revolved around discussing the new program and the speaker's reluctance to call a colleague due to a previous guilt trip. They also discussed their concerns about their directorship and the impact it may have on their team members and upline. The speaker shared their plan to improve communication and support for their team in the upcoming year. They also compared their role to that of a fishing teacher, emphasizing the importance of teaching others instead of just providing short-term solutions.
chefkathy
to "chat about the new program." I didn't answer, but that's the message she left.

Last time I talked to her (at a big meeting before Leadership), she gave me a guilt trip about not calling her. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

Maybe now she'll actually do some coaching??

oops! Too funny - I thought NJR was your director - guess not.

uh, I wish! I'm her second line.

DebbieJ said:
uh, I wish! I'm her second line.

I know how you feel! I wish so badly to be in my SED's first line (I'm in her 2nd) I don't wish any ill-will on my D, it's just that she isn't really a D. At least my SED treats me as though I were her 1st line - and we live very close to each other too :)

Ha! I saw this coming....it's a good thing, though. Everyone has a stake in their businesses now, huh?

Good thing, I guess. But I really feel she has little to offer me.

I guess this is what Chef Ann meant with the comment about "no room for deadbeats"! It must have been a serious wake up call, huh?!

I know it was a serious wake-up call for me, really less about myself than it is about the members of my team, they deserve better... I'm not worried about my Directorship, I'm more worried about the people I could be letting down, my own team members and especially my upline. They've worked hard to get where they are and I don't want to mess that up for them.

See, that's why I'm so nervous about calling my team members before sending the letter, I'm afraid of getting this type of reaction. I know I've brought it all upon myself for not staying in better communication, but that doesn't make me any less nervous! LoL

OhmyDLM said:
I know it was a serious wake-up call for me, really less about myself than it is about the members of my team, they deserve better... I'm not worried about my Directorship, I'm more worried about the people I could be letting down, my own team members and especially my upline. They've worked hard to get where they are and I don't want to mess that up for them.

See, that's why I'm so nervous about calling my team members before sending the letter, I'm afraid of getting this type of reaction. I know I've brought it all upon myself for not staying in better communication, but that doesn't make me any less nervous! LoL

How about telling them that. Tell your recruits that you are in no danger of losing your position because they have done such a great job of doing theirs. Tell them that you want to do better with communication in 09 and have vowed to reach out to those beyond your immediate group so that you can be more effective for the whole team. Then when you contact the others it won't be a shock.

I'd start the letter to those you haven't contacted before with a comment about how their recruiter has been so awesome and that your resolution for 09 is to make sure everyone in your group is aware that you are there for them too.

When I started recruiting I worked with my recruits but did not work with theirs - I thought my director was doing that. Well, when I became a director I found out that NO ONE (not even their recruiters) was training those people. I apologized, promised better support from then on in, and they were great about it.

Since promoting I keep in contact (via email) with everyone in my downline. I do weekly (and more) training calls with everyone, encouraging recruiters to be on the calls too. My FD does so well that now I tell her recruits (on my welcome call) that she is great and I am there as a backup. I make it clear that they can call or email me and I do contact them on occasion too but not as much as others - I don't want to overshaddow her. So I don't see myself doing things any differently except encouraging them all to recruit more.

Well, remember that it's the old addage coming to fruition:"if you give a man to fish, he will eat for a day, but if you teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime"I need to teach them to go fishing, not stop at Long John Silvers!! :D

jwpamp said:
Well, remember that it's the old addage coming to fruition:

"if you give a man to fish, he will eat for a day, but if you teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime"

I need to teach them to go fishing, not stop at Long John Silvers!! :D
Me too!

I have not been promoting recruiting much at all. I had the mindset that they needed to get their show schedule up first, then grow their team. I have to change that to urging them to share and do it WITH their friends.

I have told them often that recruiting has never hurt my personal business - "the more you give the more you get" - but that hasn't gotten any of them recruiting lately. Before I was a director a LOT of my recruits recruited. I wish I knew what I did differently then. I know it wasn't my director training them (as I said above).

Wow Deb! We were just talking about that! Maybe her ears were burning! I guess it will really show that she's committed to working with her team if she keeps up this attempt for more than one week!Janice... the Long John Silvers comment is hilarious! And so true!

bethcooks4u said:
How about telling them that. Tell your recruits that you are in no danger of losing your position because they have done such a great job of doing theirs. Tell them that you want to do better with communication in 09 and have vowed to reach out to those beyond your immediate group so that you can be more effective for the whole team. Then when you contact the others it won't be a shock.

I'd start the letter to those you haven't contacted before with a comment about how their recruiter has been so awesome and that your resolution for 09 is to make sure everyone in your group is aware that you are there for them too.

When I started recruiting I worked with my recruits but did not work with theirs - I thought my director was doing that. Well, when I became a director I found out that NO ONE (not even their recruiters) was training those people. I apologized, promised better support from then on in, and they were great about it.

Since promoting I keep in contact (via email) with everyone in my downline. I do weekly (and more) training calls with everyone, encouraging recruiters to be on the calls too. My FD does so well that now I tell her recruits (on my welcome call) that she is great and I am there as a backup. I make it clear that they can call or email me and I do contact them on occasion too but not as much as others - I don't want to overshaddow her. So I don't see myself doing things any differently except encouraging them all to recruit more.

Beth, I haven't had anyone respond with the letter they received so I will be spending part of today creating one myself. Thank you so much for these words, I will be using some of them in the letter to help explain why I'm "Coming Out". I appreciate the verbage greatly!!!

My Director is over the moon since this means she will promote to Senior after 8 years with no movement. Really she said it so many times I had to physically stop myself from Kicking her! I do get along with her because I am tolerant. But I will not be traveling with her again. Some of the reactions I got when people realized I was a Director under her were down right rude. I am NOT an apple from her tree and it was shocking to see how much her reputation proceeded her.
Deb, as for your Director, I would tell her honestly that you appreciate her reaching out to you and that if you need anything that you will call her. Keep away from poison which is all that she seems to be. I shall do the same.

I honestly think that we are good Directors on this board, not perfect, but we all genuinely care. People can tell when you are full of it. Darcy, you are not! Reach out and help the willing. Just like always. The only change is that we go deeper which NONE of us were ever trained to do.

So I called her back this morning and it went something like this:"Hi director, got your message, what's up?""Hey, just wanted to see how it's going.""It's fine."(more small talk, a little talk about Leadership, she did ask me about my people, but nothing specific, nothing even remotely close to coaching or holding me accountable for anything)me: "Well, I'm up next in the preschool line now, so I have to go""Okay, let me know if you need anything."HA! I don't need anything from her! This is pathetic!

Wow... that was coaching?

WOW, Deb, congratulations for staying professional! It is difficult to get back into the habit of contacting people that you have not been in touch with, but goodness this conversation was more like...ok...I called...good bye!

I know! Laughable really! At least I have realized that I will not get coaching from her. But now I don't get regular consistent coaching from anyone. So I have to pull up my big girl panties and deal. I did sit with someone in our local group (a sister to my director) at Leadership and she asked if I would like to be accountability buddies with her. I hope it works out.

Darcy!!!! We met at Leadership and I didn't realize you were from here, heh, I was with Anna and Amy (from Maine) and Ronnie, Amy's recruit and who I do hospitality for. Just realized why your face was sooooo familiar =)

I still haven't gotten a call from my director. Under the new career plan I will help her be an Advanced which really makes me mad since she has done nothing. I finally had to ask her director to help me out. Thankfully she agreed, but with the new plan it benefits her as well. That is one reason I like the new career plan. Us downlines should get more support.

ChefLoriG said:
Darcy!!!! We met at Leadership and I didn't realize you were from here, heh, I was with Anna and Amy (from Maine) and Ronnie, Amy's recruit and who I do hospitality for. Just realized why your face was sooooo familiar =)

Well Goodness, I DO know you :) he he, small world huh! Glad I got to spend a little time with you all at Leadership, I just love Anna's Group, some fun fun ladies!

Oh deb, now that's funny! It's not but I know how you feel about her and your relationship. Call me if you need to. I'm home today!! Miss yoU!!

my D & I talk at least 3 times a week (talk about a dependancy, right ;)) and she called to tell me that our AD, who you have all heard stories of before, actually called her, invited her out to breakfast & they planned our entire cluster meeting on the spot! I sure hope this attitude change lasts for her~our group sure could use a good leader!

On another note~my D & I have challenged each other~she needs 5 qualified recruits for TPC in 2 categories and I need them to repromote.....all of this by March 31st! WHEN we do this, we are going to get mani's and pedi's at the Red Door Spa together!
Any advice is therefore welcomed!

I am so far off. I was hoping to get TPC in recruiting this year. But with only 4 recruited it doesn't look good!! I still have 2 1/2 months though!! Way to challenge yourself, Meg!

Chef Kearns said:
I am so far off. I was hoping to get TPC in recruiting this year. But with only 4 recruited it doesn't look good!! I still have 2 1/2 months though!! Way to challenge yourself, Meg!

We can so do this Sandra!!! I ONLY NEED 10 more recruited and qualified! :bugeye:

Hmmm....first let me say that my Director and upline are amazing people. I feel no pressure from them at all (and I get to speak with them frequently every month). I wish all of you had the same type of commitment from your upline also.

That having been said, I have been recruiting an average of 8 consultants a year and it's not up to par with the company's plan for leadership. I will continue to recruit and will work better WITH THOSE WHO WORK, but if it's not enough, then I am prepared to work an extra day a month to make up the $$ and be happy that I can do what I want with my own business!

Now Janice, that is a great attitude!

Related to Is it time for some real coaching from my director?

1. What does "Ha! My Director Called Me" mean?

"Ha! My Director Called Me" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to express excitement and pride when their director reaches out to them for support or recognition.

2. Why is it important to share "Ha! My Director Called Me" moments?

Sharing "Ha! My Director Called Me" moments not only celebrates individual achievements, but also inspires and motivates others to strive for success in their own business.

3. Is it only directors who can initiate a "Ha! My Director Called Me" moment?

No, any consultant can initiate a "Ha! My Director Called Me" moment by reaching out to their director for guidance, support, or to share a success story.

4. Can "Ha! My Director Called Me" moments be shared on social media?

Yes, "Ha! My Director Called Me" moments can be shared on social media as a way to connect with and inspire other consultants within the Pampered Chef community.

5. How can I create more "Ha! My Director Called Me" moments in my business?

To create more "Ha! My Director Called Me" moments, focus on consistent effort and growth in your business, and actively seek support and guidance from your director. Don't be afraid to celebrate your successes and share them with others!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PampMomof3