• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Concerns From a Seasoned Consultant

In summary, the consultant is unhappy with the new Fall/Winter line, there are back orders, and the quality of the products has been poor. The consultant also has complaints about Fed X and their delivery. However, the consultant is most concerned with themselves and feels uncomfortable talking to others about their business.
pamela
I have a consultant that has some very serious concerns~I have some ideas how to answer some of them, but I would love the advice of my fellow Directors from DCS~here they are:

I am not happy with the new Fall/Winter line. They have put a lot of Xmas stuff in it and as you know I am all for the holidays but I like things to be more generic so product can be used for any Holiday such as Hanukkah etc. (She is Jewish and never pushes her agenda on anyone)

I and my customers are frustrated with the back orders

I am frustrated with the issues and poor quality of the new line.

I am frustrated with Fed X and their poor delivery.

But I am most concerned with myself and being able to talk to everyone, make calls etc. I always feel uncomfortable calling and or talking to people about PC. I always feel that I am just one of those sales reps that people don't want to be bothered with. After 3 years I just can't get over it.

I haven't made any money in 3 years or earned a trip and I rarely make the little incentives offered.

Do you all think it is worth a call to HO to express her concerns about quality and delivery? I think she should call as well as myself.
As for her concerns about calling and talking to people, I think we can address that in coaching calls, but there is really only so much anyone will be able to do for her if she is that uncomfortable.

ADVICE please!!!

chefmeg said:
I have a consultant that has some very serious concerns~I have some ideas how to answer some of them, but I would love the advice of my fellow Directors from DCS~here they are:

I am not happy with the new Fall/Winter line. They have put a lot of Xmas stuff in it and as you know I am all for the holidays but I like things to be more generic so product can be used for any Holiday such as Hanukkah etc. (She is Jewish and never pushes her agenda on anyone)

I and my customers are frustrated with the back orders

I am frustrated with the issues and poor quality of the new line.

I am frustrated with Fed X and their poor delivery.

But I am most concerned with myself and being able to talk to everyone, make calls etc. I always feel uncomfortable calling and or talking to people about PC. I always feel that I am just one of those sales reps that people don't want to be bothered with. After 3 years I just can't get over it.

I haven't made any money in 3 years or earned a trip and I rarely make the little incentives offered.

Do you all think it is worth a call to HO to express her concerns about quality and delivery? I think she should call as well as myself.
As for her concerns about calling and talking to people, I think we can address that in coaching calls, but there is really only so much anyone will be able to do for her if she is that uncomfortable.

ADVICE please!!!

sounds to me she is looking for a way--to not like what we do!! Really hit a on alot of dislikes---

I would ask her to make a pro-con list and go from there-

No! This is NOT worth a call to HO. Her reasons... the products, delivery, Holiday theme, etc are HER JUSTIFICATIONS and reasons to mask her real problem. Her real problem is that she has not taken her business seriously. If she worked for a company that had her make phone calls as part of her job, would she do it? She can't get over her own perception of herself. Her issues are not with the products or anything else, they are with her "whys". That's what she needs to work on.And think about this... would a call to HO to complain about the products/delivery/holiday theme solve her problem with her business?

I agree with Morfia and Meg. She seems like she is giving herself reasons why she could quit. I love Morfia's idea of a pro list.

On a side note, I am also Jewish and was not bothered by the holiday pieces (which is just such a small percentage of the catalog) at all. As a business person I think that was a great business decision by the Pampered Chef. When the issues are corrected, they will be great sellers!

So I guess here is a response for her for that first poiint, "I understand and respect your thoughts on this. However, let's look at it a different way. The Pampered Chef has had many requests over the years by its Consultants for holiday pieces. The company made a business decision to offer these pieces because they know they will be great sellers for us. I think you will see your show average go up this season."

Okay, I added the last line to help with the, "I am not making money" line.

I really do think she is ready to hang up her apron and suspect she does not want to hurt your feelings by just telling you so. Okay, different approach, just ask her if she wants to hang up her apron or she wants you to help her kick up her business. Time to be direct!

I agree with all of the above comments. It is her. Although I understand her concerns, it does look like a way out for her.

There are many ways to "let customers out" if they do indeed want that. Simply by asking them how frequently do you wish me to contact you? Would you like me to send you a new product mini catalog when our next season's line debuts?

As far as the holiday things, I can see her point, however, does the fact that there is a Mennorah (sp?) cake in the new cookbook help her? So many people seem to be offended by the word holiday and I feel it shows that we respect people of all religions, beliefs and cultures.

The backorders, etc....you know, that will happen with most companies.

You know who she sounds like? ME...last spring. The first time the thought of hanging up the apron. The thought scared me into working harder on my business.

I would ask her if she still does want to earn a trip? Is she willing to work for it? If she is, then offer to coach her, but she has to be willing to rise to the challenge or she will just become even more frustrated. Call her bluff!! Oops, did I say that?:rolleyes:

I am sooo unsure as to how I feel about her concerns. One minute I think "excuses, excuses" the next minute, because of who this consultant is and her background, I think "she has valid issues".........I am just going to have to call her and talk to her about all of this. She is a great consultant and has never been able to find consistantly, so maybe if we looked at how to help her do that, the rest would come.

Related to Concerns From a Seasoned Consultant

1. How can I increase my sales as a seasoned consultant?

As a seasoned consultant, it's important to constantly refresh your product knowledge and stay up-to-date on new products and promotions. Host virtual parties and events to reach a wider audience and offer personalized customer service to build strong relationships. Additionally, consider offering incentives or discounts to repeat customers to encourage them to continue purchasing from you.

2. How can I overcome burnout as a seasoned consultant?

Burnout can be a common concern for seasoned consultants. To avoid burnout, it's important to set boundaries and prioritize self-care. Take breaks when needed and don't be afraid to say no to events or parties if you're feeling overwhelmed. Additionally, try to delegate tasks and responsibilities to team members to alleviate some of the workload.

3. What strategies can I use to reach new customers as a seasoned consultant?

One effective strategy to reach new customers is to collaborate with other local businesses or organizations. Offer to do a cooking demo or provide samples at a community event or partner with a local restaurant to showcase your products. You can also utilize social media and online platforms to reach a wider audience and target specific demographics.

4. How can I maintain a strong team as a seasoned consultant?

Maintaining a strong team is crucial for success as a seasoned consultant. Communicate regularly with your team, provide support and training, and recognize and celebrate their achievements. Encourage team building activities and foster a positive and inclusive team culture. Additionally, offer incentives and rewards to motivate and retain your team members.

5. How do I handle difficult customers as a seasoned consultant?

Dealing with difficult customers can be challenging, but it's important to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies both parties. If necessary, involve your team or reach out to your mentor or higher-ups for support. Remember to always prioritize excellent customer service and maintain a positive attitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mel5497
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
jwpamp