• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Legal to Sell Pampered Chef Products at Craft Shows?

In summary, the organizer of the craft show was told by another consultant that the other consultant had ordered a lot of products and was selling them. It was not clear if this was done at the consultant's 30% or at a discount, but either way it was not allowed. The organizer was not going to turn the other consultant in, but was still concerned. The organizer did what she always does at these fairs- took orders and displayed the newest products. She also gave away a $15 gift to get people to fill out the slips. She usually does well and gets rid of items. If someone wanted to take inventory that they had not bought yet, she suggested smaller, inexpensive items.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I had signed up for a craft show - I just got denied because another consultant (not on my team - I dont know her) was already there. Not a big deal - I honestly dont care - The person in charge of the show was very nice and I get first dibs at their spring show - but let me ask you this.
She told me that the other consultant has ordered over $1000 in PC products and is selling it directly off her table. Ive thought about it all night - is this legal? She is a Director. It was either ordered at her 30% - or on someones show at their discount. Either way - is this something that is done? And is this legal? Im not turning her in - it just bothers me is all and Im curious.

This is discouraged but PC does allow us to purchase items, I think as a personal order, for fairs if we want to. The warranty does not apply and the items cannot be returned (I think - it's all in the Recipe for Success).

I don't do this because how can you possibly know what people would want to buy? It would be impossible to bring it all! I would suggest to the organizer that you will bring samples and take orders. They ship very quickly and the guest doesn't have to carry the items around all day.

To clarify: I do occasionally bring a few of the extras I have around the house with me but I offer them at a discount and inform the guest that the warranty does not transfer. Most people just place orders. I rarely have less boxes going home than coming.

thanks Beth - that is what I have always done too - take orders - usually these fairs dont even amount to much in sales - they are more about getting bookings and recruits. It just really bothered me when the fair organizer said that she had ordered so much and was reselling. Something just doesnt seem right - or maybe its just me......
I did not think about the warranty part....

When I do these booths I also mainly get bookings and take orders. I display the newest products I have. I always give away about a $15 gift to get people to fill out the slips. Then I take all my "extra" inventory I have collected and sell. I don't give them a recipt, but I always do really well, it also helps me get rid of items. If you do want to take some inventory that you haven't bought yet, then I suggest get smaller inexpensive items, like the ice cream dipper, can opener, strainer, masher, things under $20. I seem to sell more items like that.

When I take orders I tell people if they place an order today then they only pay $1 or $2 S&H (I then combine them to make a catalog show) instead of $4they like that. Unless they live to far away for you to deliver then I charge them the $6.95 (or whatever it is)for personal delivery.

I have some Pantry items on hand because they don't come with a warranty.

1. Can I legally sell Pampered Chef products at craft shows?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are allowed to sell our products at craft shows and other events. However, you must follow our policies and guidelines for selling at events, which can be found on our consultant website.

2. Do I need any special permits or licenses to sell Pampered Chef products at craft shows?

In most cases, no. As long as you are following our policies and the event's guidelines, you do not need any special permits or licenses to sell our products. However, it is always a good idea to check with your local government to see if there are any specific regulations for selling at events.

3. Can I offer discounts or promotions at craft shows?

Yes, you are allowed to offer discounts or promotions at craft shows. However, these should be in line with our company policies and guidelines, and you must obtain approval from your team leader or support center before offering any discounts or promotions.

4. Am I required to have a certain amount of inventory to sell at craft shows?

No, there is no specific amount of inventory required to sell at craft shows. However, we recommend having a good mix of popular and seasonal products on hand to showcase and sell to customers.

5. Can I display or sell other products alongside Pampered Chef products at craft shows?

Yes, you are allowed to display and sell other products at craft shows. However, these should not compete with or detract from the focus on Pampered Chef products. Additionally, you must obtain approval from your team leader or support center before selling any other products at events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies