• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Preferred or Nick Name as a Pampered Chef Consultant?

In summary, people are not allowed to change their legal name to a preferred name if they originally signed up with their preferred name, but they can change their name to a nickname if it's already on file. Becky is using her nickname, Debi, on her 1099, but Deborah is using her legal name, Deborah, on her 1099.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
Hey everyone! I'm a new PC lurker finally coming out of hiding. :eek: I thought I'd ask this here. I've been hearing of some consultants who were able to sign on as a consultant using their preferred or nicknames (one even said she gets her Pampered Chef 1099s with her nickname on it--rather than the legal name). But at the same time, others (me included) are not allowed to change to a preferred name if they originally signed up with their legal name. Anyone currently using a preferred or nick name? Or has anyone been able to get their name changed to a preferred name if you didn't already sign up under it? :confused: TIA!

I signed up under my legal name (Rebecca) but I go by my nickname, and all of my info had my nickname (Becky) on it.....people were having a hard time finding me when they would search w/ PC because if they used "Becky", it would come back that there was no such name in the data base.....so I went into MY ACCOUNT on the PC website, and switched my name, and then emailed HO and asked them to switch the name on all of my info that was available to the public - which they did, no questions asked - however, I've done all this since my 1099 came - so I don't really know about that. But now, even when I get emails or phone calls from HO, they never ask for Rebecca anymore - they always ask for Becky!

WOW -- thanks! As Mandy aka Amanda I really need this info!

Hmmm, one of those things that I knew was a problem for me - never thought about other people having the same issue!
Glad I could share some info that helped!

WOW, Becky! That sounded super easy. Do you mind my asking how long ago you had yours changed? Recently or long ago? Do your snail mail and e-mail both come to your nickname, too? And when people log into your website does it have your nickname at the top? And what about your P3 printable receipts?

I just realized that maybe I'm calling the wrong place. Is the solution center the same thing as HO?

I signed up as Debi but my legal name is Deborah. My 1099 said Debi and I had no issues. Honestly, I don't think the IRS cares as long as the social is the same.

Welcome to the wide open spaces, LibrarianChef!

LibrarianChef said:
WOW, Becky! That sounded super easy. Do you mind my asking how long ago you had yours changed? Recently or long ago? Do your snail mail and e-mail both come to your nickname, too? And when people log into your website does it have your nickname at the top? And what about your P3 printable receipts?

I just realized that maybe I'm calling the wrong place. Is the solution center the same thing as HO?

Yep! Everything now says Becky instead of Rebecca.......and I never called HO, I just emailed them @ the solution center....and I think they forwarded it on to the right dept. Within a week I got an email back saying it had all been changed. The first thing I did was change the info I could myself by going to MY ACCOUNT at the PC main website, and switching my name there.

I did this all w/in the last 6 months - can't really remember the exact date though - sorry!

Sorry, in advance, for my long rant...

Okay, back again. And even more frustrated. :( I tried twice with the solution center to change to my nickname, but it's a no-go so far. They said it would interfere with my 1099 and the manager I spoke with said that she verified that Pampered Chef has never let consultants use anything other than their legal/birth name. My director was shocked (she just happens to be on-file with her nickname, too) so she is contacting her Exec. Director who is contacting a friend who is a VP. Their first suggestion was to see if they could put BOTH of my names online. I guess I'll try that approach next, although it's not what I really want. Any other suggestions?

They said I could fax in a driver's license and if my driver's license had my preferred name on it, THEN they would change it. I cannot change what the public sees on my printable receipts, my website, etc. I'll snipped the part of the email from the manager regarding how they COULD help me: "We do have a place for a preferred name on our files, which is used for National Conference registration, name badges, leadership seminars, and achievement letters. In these cases we would use your preferred name. I hope this explains why we could not change your first name...."

I hate to argue with someone from HO by pointing out inconsistencies in information. So, how would you all suggest we go about making a name change if it's very important to us and could very easily cause customer confusion (or lack of service if they can't get through to me)? Is there a specific contact at HO who might understand the delimma?

By the way, for the online information only, how do you change your name in your account online? Is that option still available? When I go to "My Account" the only thing I can change is my address, my email, or my password--there's no option to change my name.

Last edited:
I think Becky is talking about her info on her PWS... there you can change your website name and the info that the public sees. You are looking at "My Account" on Consultant's Corner.

Thanks, Katie.

I suppose either way, I still would need someone from HO to change my name if I want it to appear on my receipts, etc. :(

Thanks you, Rae, for the warm welcome! :D It's nice to be here!

What is a Preferred/Nick Name?

A Preferred/Nick Name is a name that you prefer to go by, rather than your legal name. This could be a shortened version of your name, a middle name, or a completely different name altogether.

How do I update my Preferred/Nick Name?

To update your Preferred/Nick Name, log into your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the "My Account" section. From there, you can edit your personal information and change your Preferred/Nick Name.

Can I have multiple Preferred/Nick Names?

Currently, our system only allows for one Preferred/Nick Name. If you have multiple names you prefer to go by, we recommend choosing the one that is most commonly used.

Will my Preferred/Nick Name appear on my orders and invoices?

Your Preferred/Nick Name will only appear on your account and will not be used on any official documents, such as orders and invoices. Your legal name will still be used for all official purposes.

Is it mandatory to use a Preferred/Nick Name?

No, using a Preferred/Nick Name is completely optional. If you do not have a Preferred/Nick Name, your legal name will be used on your account and all official documents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Gretchen Burnett
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jaimice
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies