• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Keep or Sell My Lap Boards?

In summary, Karen is considering whether to keep her black lap boards or sell them and Sandi loves hers.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I have a set of 11 black lap boards that I got from a retired consultant about a year ago...

Now today, another retired consultant handed me 19 newer white ones....she also gave me a ton of other stuff but is just looking for some money for the lap boards.

Wondering if I should keep the white ones and sell the black ones, sell the white ones and keep the black ones (keep in mind that I have not taken them to shows in the past few months because they are heavy)....The retired consultant is looking to get something for them, whether I trade her the boards for some products that she wants or pay her for the boards and she pay for the products that she wants to order...

Just not sure what I want to do! Thoughts?

Karen

I've thought about them several times, and it's always come down to me not wanting to carry them.

NooraK said:
I've thought about them several times, and it's always come down to me not wanting to carry them.

I'll 2nd that, not to mention having to reloading them after every party.

Sandi

I love mine. yes they are heavy but I like how neat and professional they look and I like how people have something to write on.

wadesgirl said:
I love mine. yes they are heavy but I like how neat and professional they look and I like how people have something to write on.

Ditto and I have had MANY guests comment on them and how they have been to other parties that didn't use them. They like that they have something to bend down on.

At Director's Express they expressed having a duplicatable business - so it looks easier for recruits. Just something to consider.

I used to use them. They were just too heavy, and I had white ones, and they were also too hard to keep clean. (not professional looking when there are ink marks and food stains on them that won't come off.)

Since letting go of mine, I haven't seen a decrease in sales, bookings or recruits - so while they were nice, they weren't essential to a good business. From the lapboards, I went to a manila folder. I used those for quite a while, but many people didn't take them home, and most of the time, the ones that weren't taken home, I didn't want to re-use, because they looked worn, or they'd been written on, or spilled on. So I quit using those about 4 months ago. Now, I just slide an order form and a Guest Care Card inside the front cover of the catalog, and have an index card sticky note on the front of the catalog for them to use to take notes & make a wish list. That works great, and it's less work for me, and less paper being thrown away.

ChefBeckyD said:
Since letting go of mine, I haven't seen a decrease in sales, bookings or recruits - so while they were nice, they weren't essential to a good business. From the lapboards, I went to a manila folder. I used those for quite a while, but many people didn't take them home, and most of the time, the ones that weren't taken home, I didn't want to re-use, because they looked worn, or they'd been written on, or spilled on. So I quit using those about 4 months ago. Now, I just slide an order form and a Guest Care Card inside the front cover of the catalog, and have an index card sticky note on the front of the catalog for them to use to take notes & make a wish list. That works great, and it's less work for me, and less paper being thrown away.

I was a guest at a party where I was handed a catalog and a order form. After I got home I realized that and thought, wow, it didn't matter to me if I had a folder (which I used) or not. Now I do the same ans ChefBecky -- WAY easier! :)

Sandi

I use boards just so people have a hard surace to write on, but I think it's just personal preference. Good luck with whatever choice you make!!

I use binders. And I just load an order form in the front and in the back (this way there is a second one there in case someone makes a mistake or I only have to reload every other show).

I like having the catalogs in binders b/c then not everyone takes it home thinking they can keep it but if someone REALLY wants one then I will give them a new one (without binder holes in it) and then I will know who I gave one too and who I need to follow up with.

I love mine...I use 3 ring binders and cut off the rings, that way I have 2 boards for an inexpensive price, I usually keep them for a year, and get newer ones in Aug when back to school supplies go on sale. I like the fact that they have something nice to write on, everything fits neat and nice, and it seems easier to me than ripped folders. LOL

chefsteph07 said:
I love mine...I use 3 ring binders and cut off the rings, that way I have 2 boards for an inexpensive price, I usually keep them for a year, and get newer ones in Aug when back to school supplies go on sale. I like the fact that they have something nice to write on, everything fits neat and nice, and it seems easier to me than ripped folders. LOL

This is what I do and I love it! So glad I started using these.

I have both the white and the black. The white ones are a PAIN to use...have to wiggle in the order form and catalog. I prefer the black ones. I used to use them, but got tired of lugging them and then having to find them at the end of the show.

I now only handout the materials to each guest, similar to Becky's post. Easier and guests do not really care. =)

I think I am going to sell them along with the booking slide and catalog tote that she had...Karen

What are lap boards and how do you use them?

Lap boards are a convenient and portable kitchen tool used for food preparation. They are made of sturdy plastic or wood and have a flat surface for cutting, chopping, and other kitchen tasks. To use them, simply place the lap board on your lap or any flat surface and begin preparing your food.

Do lap boards come in different sizes?

Yes, lap boards come in a variety of sizes to fit different needs. Some may be smaller for personal use, while others may be larger for more extensive food preparation. You can choose a size that best suits your needs and preferences.

Can lap boards be used for hot items?

No, lap boards are not meant to be used with hot items. They are made of materials that may warp or melt when in contact with heat. It is best to use lap boards for room temperature or chilled food items.

Are lap boards easy to clean?

Yes, lap boards are very easy to clean. Most of them are dishwasher safe, but they can also be easily wiped down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Just make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing them away.

Can lap boards be used for other purposes besides food preparation?

Yes, lap boards can be used for other purposes besides food preparation. They can be used as a surface for writing, drawing, or even as a portable desk. However, it is important to keep in mind that they are not meant for heavy objects or hot items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stfenyo
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • bunksc
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
TrudysOwn
  • thehaleykitchen