• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Chef Selling Model Still Viable After 6+ Years?

In summary, the ex-husband of my friend believes that the products of The Pampered Chef are a waste of money and that the only way to make money with the line is to order in bulk and then sell it from one's home. I do not think this is accurate, as The Pampered Chef has been an excellent company with practical products for every day home use for years.
jrb0328
I had a question I was hoping someone has been around long enough to answer.
let me tell a little story first - a friend of mine is one of my first hosts. her husband about flipped his lid when he heard that i was doing this. he said its a big waste of money and i am going to get screwed. when i asked him why he thought that his response was this "my ex wife did that and she ended up with sooo much stuff and could not sell it all. no one was interested and she was out so much money and had a lot of useless stuff piled up in the house." he said that what she had to do was buy the stuff, then sell what she bought -

this was like 6 years or more ago. so my question is, was there a time when PC had you order in bulk and sell from your "living room" so to speak? sell off the table? just curious because i want to make sure hes clear on what im doing. i dont want him to think that i am going to try to hook my friend into something like that, because im not.

The only time I think this could have happened is in the first 5 years or so of the company, so 1980-85. And, it was only in Doris' home. I wonder if his ex was being dishonest with him and trying to meet requirements for incentives?

I was just going to say the same thing as Kate. Maybe she had a little addiction!:D

i don't know but it doesn't sound right to me. my thought was maybe it was a different company or something because he didn't say it was PC he said she did that before. but never said PC

At least since 1995, consultants have not had to keep product in stock to sell. I've never heard that before.

It sounds like a disgruntled ex spouting off. Either that or his ex wife misinformed him for her own reasons. And, maybe his ex didn't use the products to make him meals, so he thought the product was useless. That is the last word I'd use to describe The Pampered Chef line of products. Don't be swayed! This is an excellent company with very practical products for every day home use.

Doesn't sound like Pampered Chef was the company. Maybe he is confusing it with another one or just lumping them all in the same boat.

We have never done that, maybe she did it to make sales incentives or whatever or he is thinking of another DS company

There are a lot of other DS companies that make you do this. Either that or his exwife was a product hoarder (I said hoarder, not the other word!) and that's what he was mad about.

She must of had addiction with PC items!

I know there are some DS companies out there where you have to purchase product and then sell. Just like the candle business I was involved in. I still have candles and inventory!!!! They made it sound sooooo great, but only the owners I think are getting wealthy!

Most Creative Memories consultants keep an inventory. Many Mary Kay, Arbonne and Beauty Control consultants keep an inventory. I don't know if it's required, though.

I have heard of some PC consultants keeping seasonings on hand. I had a customer want 5 dills and then she found someone who keeps them on hand and I lost the order. Can we do that??

KellyRedHead said:
I have heard of some PC consultants keeping seasonings on hand. I had a customer want 5 dills and then she found someone who keeps them on hand and I lost the order. Can we do that??

Yes, we can...check the policies and procedures on CC. It gives you the protocol for that.

KellyRedHead said:
You just cannot order them on your supply order at a discount and resell them that way.

Have him read Doris' book - I've heard her story, she went to someone elses house for her first show! She kept the inventory in her house in the basement because she was starting the business!

Tupperware consultants seem to have a lot of stock....at least the ones I've met at Vendor Fairs! People seem to get us confused with TW all the time.

What is the Pampered Chef selling model?

The Pampered Chef selling model is a direct sales approach where consultants sell kitchen tools and products directly to customers through in-home cooking shows and online sales. Consultants earn commission on their sales and can also earn free products and bonuses.

How long has the Pampered Chef selling model been in place?

The Pampered Chef selling model has been in place for over 6 years. The company was founded in 1980 and has been using the direct sales approach since then.

Is the Pampered Chef selling model still viable after 6+ years?

Yes, the Pampered Chef selling model is still viable and successful after 6+ years. The company continues to grow and thrive, with a strong customer base and a dedicated team of consultants.

What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to work from home, set your own schedule, and earn commission on your sales. You also have the chance to earn free products, bonuses, and even trips through the company's incentive programs.

How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes training materials and product samples, and then you can start hosting cooking shows and selling products to earn commission and rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies