• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is December a Busy Time for Bookings?

In summary, December and January are typically busy for cooks, but December is easier since the house is usually already clean and decorated. January can be successful if you promote
hperschnick
Hey all, I have been looking at my calendar this week and calling to get more on the books. People are really concerned with being busy as the holidays approach and not wanting to book into Nov.

So, since this is only my 4th month I was wondring how busy December and January usually are for everyone.

For meI started September 2005. I've had busy Novembers up until Thanksgiving. 12/2005 I had 1 catalog show, and last year I had no shows. I typically do take December off (a perk being a PC consultant), although I will take a show if someone wants it. I feel that typically - people are busy, and I'm too.

I have always had a packed January because the specials are really good, and those bookings typicaly come from the November shows.

I began in July 06. I wondered about Dec. as well. Mine in 06 was $1155. I was thrilled because I didn't expect much. Fill your Oct. and Nov and that will benefit your Dec and Jan.

One thing to tell people about having a December show is it's easy: your house will already be clean and decorated. Also, if you do it early in the month and close promptly, everything will be back before Christmas. That said, I usually have trouble getting December cooking shows. This year, I am promoting catalog shows by telling everyone "You don't have time for a show and I don't either-have a December catalog show with me and I'll buy your Trifle Bowl host special" Hopefully that will work.

As for January, I have had huge success. The attendance is high and sales are too because people have nothing else to do. Promote a soup show or something healthy (everyone will be back on their diet).

I've had the opposite experience. In November & December, I'm usually packed. Last November I had almost $4000 in sales & December I had almost $2000. I only work until Dec. 15. Last January I had 7 cooking shows & still didn't earn 1/2 off conference b/c the sales were so low. The year before that I had NO shows in Jan. But I already have 6 shows in November & 1 in December, so I'm hoping I can get a better January this year. But I do live in Northern Indiana where winter weather can be unpredictable, so I think people are leary to have a Jan show b/c of that.

If I have a strong October and November, I also have a strong December. I agree that a house that is already cleaned and decorated for the holidays often helps hosts to book.

With December shows, empahsise gift giving opportunities and that items will be in in time for holiday delivery when ordered by the holiday deadline specified. Couples shows also seem more popular this time of the year as guys are in a more "couple" social mood than other times of the year (IMO).

I typically take the last few weeks of December and the first week of January off from the biz. However, the past few years I have had successful parties from a group that does not celebrate Christmas and doesn't care about holiday delivery. Don't discount those opportunities.

Another holiday time thrill is the "unexpected outside order for lots of products". The past few years I've had a few of these, usually over $100.00 and usually they are direct shipped to folks across the country. So...make sure you remind folks that you can take their order via phone or email (or web) and have it delivered right to the receipient.

One other reason to work December is that if you're used to getting paid on the 8th of each month... it hurts when there's nothing there January 8th!

ltkacz said:
I started September 2005. I've had busy Novembers up until Thanksgiving. 12/2005 I had 1 catalog show, and last year I had no shows. I typically do take December off (a perk being a PC consultant), although I will take a show if someone wants it. I feel that typically - people are busy, and I'm too.

I have always had a packed January because the specials are really good, and those bookings typicaly come from the November shows.

DITTO!!!;)

Sorta on topic - my director has drilled into me from my very first month (I started in Nov. of 2002) that January MUST be booked by Thanksgiving! I have found that to be so true. People may book after Thanksgiving (I typically have 3-4 shows in Dec, and a couple catalog shows and some good individual orders) but people will usually say "Oh call me after the Holidays" when it comes to booking. It will make your life and your business so much easier, and less stressful, if you work on booking January before Thanksgiving!

ChefBeckyD said:
Sorta on topic - my director has drilled into me from my very first month (I started in Nov. of 2002) that January MUST be booked by Thanksgiving! I have found that to be so true. People may book after Thanksgiving (I typically have 3-4 shows in Dec, and a couple catalog shows and some good individual orders) but people will usually say "Oh call me after the Holidays" when it comes to booking. It will make your life and your business so much easier, and less stressful, if you work on booking January before Thanksgiving!

Excellent tip! I am definitely going to do that this year. Last year my December was good but January was horrible! I only had one show that ended up not closing until February. I wanted to have a little time off around Christmas, but not the whole month of January!!!:eek:

For two years since I started my Dec. are very slow (everyone seems to busy to book a party with so much going on). January's are better with the great Host specials we offer!

Yes, I usually have good attendance and sales in January. My highest Dec. so far has been about $1500 in sales. That was a big surprise. I'm like one of the other ladies, I work the first half of Dec then start up again the first full week of Jan. So far, I have 2 people in Jan, 1 in Dec, 3 in Nov, and 8 in Oct. I think after my October shows I should have through Jan covered.

Does anyone offer an incentive for Dec bookings? If so what do you offer and does it work?

1. How are Decembers, typically?

December is typically a busy month for most people, as it marks the end of the year and the holiday season. It is a time for celebration, family gatherings, and gift-giving. It is also a time for reflection and setting goals for the upcoming year.

2. Is December a good time to host a Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! December is a great time to host a Pampered Chef party as it is the perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family while enjoying delicious food and checking off some items from your holiday shopping list. Plus, our holiday-themed products make great gifts!

3. What types of products does Pampered Chef offer for December?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products for December, including our holiday-themed cookware, bakeware, and kitchen tools. We also have gift sets and bundles that are perfect for anyone on your list. Plus, we have recipes and tips to help you create the perfect holiday meals and treats.

4. Are there any special promotions or discounts for December?

Yes, we often have special promotions and discounts for our customers in December. These can include discounts on certain products or bundle deals that offer great value for your money. Be sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

5. How can I order Pampered Chef products in December?

You can order Pampered Chef products in December through our website, by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant, or by attending a Pampered Chef party. Our consultants can help you with any questions you may have and provide personalized recommendations based on your needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doodlbug329
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
  • pngentil
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MissChef