• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is buying Pampered Chef items from eBay worth the stress?

In summary, the eBay seller accused the buyer of lying about receiving the bracelet charms, which ruined the finish. The buyer wrote back telling the truth, and the seller resent the items. The buyer decided not to continue doing business with the seller, and ended up not getting the shirt after all.
chefjwr
I bought 2 Pampered Chef shirts from Ebay from the same person. I mentioned conference and hoped they would arrive before I have to leave this Tues. a.m. I got my total Tues. afternoon, bought the money order Tues. night and mailed it Wed. a.m. The shirts arrived Friday (this morning). The seller had been nice enough to mail Priority Mail before receiving the money order. Now, I am thinking she is so great Whew this is one more thing done before my back to back trip leading up to conference. This morning when I log onto my computer to leave feedback--I check my outlook messages and find she has e-mailed me my time 7:32 a.m. and she says she is confused about me and that I have asked her 4 times if she is a PC Consultant and that I had told her I mailed the money order Wed. and that she really hopes I have mailed it today (Friday). I am upset by this. I wrote her back and have not received her response. I think no more ebay for me. I don't ebay that much but I had a seller accuse me of lying to her because I received bracelet charms that were mailed while the plastic paint used over the charm was still wet. They were stuck to the package and it ruined the finish. She resent them and nothing ever came. I wainted probably 3 weeks and e-mailed back to tell her I still hadn't received them and she wrote me the nastiest letter of how I was taking advantage of her and just went on and on. There I was out $27 bucks and just too discouraged to want to deal with it anymore. I wrote back nicely told her the truth and told her it just wasn't worth it to me to continue and she didn't have to worry about it anymore. She wrote back and said she had been having a bad day and eventually resent. It was not worth it. I think NO MORE.

What do you all think?

So this lady with the shirts still says she hasn't received payment?

Yes. but I mailed it Wed. morning from Allen, Texas to Ohio and she e-mailed me my time 7:32 a.m. this morning -Friday. Has it even had time to get there with just 1st class mail?

Julie

Ebay can be good or it can be horrible. I've sold some stuff and once had a buyer unfamiliar with paypal so he couldn't get the payment to me and I just said forget about it. According to ebay rules I could have reported him for non-payment, but it wasn't worth it. I just sold some stuff this week and the buyers paid immediately, I shipped the stuff out and there was no problem.

I think as long as you read the fine print on the auction and pay promptly via Paypal, then there shouldn't be a problem. Money orders are trickier and as a seller I wouldn't even ship anything without payment in hand, just as I generally don't submit shows without full payment.

I would say she didn't give it enough time to get there. She'll probably get it today or tomorrow.

Don't feel bad about it, yet. You know you did the right thing. I can't believe she sent it out without the payment. She's probably really sweating it now!!!

I think I did that and still there is trouble.

Julie

It takes about 4 days max to get from Texas to Ohio via first class mail.She had sent you the order before receiving payment, so I guess she was worried. When I sell my DVDs and stuff on eBay I only accept Paypal. I stopped accepting personal checks and the like since I have always gotten burned before. I never send anything until I get payment. So this lady was doing you a favor, I think.

As both a buyer and a seller on eBay, I can tell you that she should have not only waited for your MO before she shipped, she should have deposited it in her account, too. If you mailed it Wednesday, it will probably get there today.

eBay is like any other online community, there are good folks and bad. And sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. One way to cut down on fraudulent emails the appear to be from the other party in your transaction is to only communicate through eBay (My Messages) rather than through email.

I was just about to ditto Ann. I manage our E-bay accounts at work so sell quite frequently and buy on occasion personally. It goes in streaks...I will have hundreds of great customers in a row then 1 fruitcake will show up. ...or you get a person that is really a great person but just doesn't understand shipping times and the technology they have in front of them to complete their transaction or communicate.

It is TOTALLY the seller's fault not yours that she shipped before receiving payment from you.

You sent it, that's all you can do right now.

I'd also wait to leave her feedback if you haven't left it already since she sounds like one to try to leave you bad feedback on taking so long to send payment. MO's can take up to a week via 1st class mail to get there.

Frequently = up to 30 orders a day on occasion.

Thanks girls. I thought it was so nice of her--I didn't even ask her to ship before receiving the payment. Today I guess she is not feeling as trusting. I just feel bad. Also, Laura just called and said how rooms have been misbooked with Travel Planners and me and many of Cindy Sparling's downline will now be at the Sheraton. OHHH goodbye Starbucks. I am sure it will be fine. Laura is still at the Hilton. The 10 p.m. Meet and Greets for Wave 1 may be more difficult. I need to post this on WAVE 1 Thread instead.

Don't worry. She'll get her $$ and everything will be fine. According to ebay's policy, buyers have 30 days to submit payment. She chose to ship the items before receiving payment and that decision was up to her.

I've bought and sold on ebay. Sold more than bought. I did have an interesting thing happen with one item I sold... the man sent me a money order for the item with a letter saying that the first money order he sent me was lost in the mail (how did he know?) and that he was sending a second one but wanted me to send the second one back with the merchandise. I sent the merchandise and not the $$ with a letter saying that I only received one money order and deposited it. People can be weird.

Wait through the weekend and confirm with her on Monday or Tuesday that she did receive the payment. Everything will be fine. :)

finley1991 said:
I did have an interesting thing happen with one item I sold... the man sent me a money order for the item with a letter saying that the first money order he sent me was lost in the mail (how did he know?) and that he was sending a second one but wanted me to send the second one back with the merchandise. I sent the merchandise and not the $$ with a letter saying that I only received one money order and deposited it. People can be weird.
Wait through the weekend and confirm with her on Monday or Tuesday that she did receive the payment. Everything will be fine. :)

No, people can be dishonest...glad you didn't fall for his scam.

My internet was acting funny and I couldn't check My Ebay. Upon checking I see she has marked the item with a "payment received". I need to check to see when she marked that. I did notice that even though I mailed the MO on Wed. I had not marked the item "payment sent" but I did communicate with her directly and after it was mailed sent her an e-mail on Wed. saying so.
She has never answered this mornings e-mail that I replied to saying I didn't know why she was confused and I don't know about asking her more than once if she was a PC Consultant. I even looked back at our e-bay e-mail exchanges and I only see I asked her once. She answered then and that was enough. This morning when she was confused and said I asked her 4 times, she told me again about how she is a consultant but phasing out her business. Did I ever mention her e-mail that was confused and "hoping I sent the payment today--Friday" (when I told her I sent it Wed.) was signed "God Bless".

Sorry, wrong transaction. She has not marked it paid.

chefjwr said:
My internet was acting funny and I couldn't check My Ebay. Upon checking I see she has marked the item with a "payment received". I need to check to see when she marked that. I did notice that even though I mailed the MO on Wed. I had not marked the item "payment sent" but I did communicate with her directly and after it was mailed sent her an e-mail on Wed. saying so.
She has never answered this mornings e-mail that I replied to saying I didn't know why she was confused and I don't know about asking her more than once if she was a PC Consultant. I even looked back at our e-bay e-mail exchanges and I only see I asked her once. She answered then and that was enough. This morning when she was confused and said I asked her 4 times, she told me again about how she is a consultant but phasing out her business. Did I ever mention her e-mail that was confused and "hoping I sent the payment today--Friday" (when I told her I sent it Wed.) was signed "God Bless".

You may have stumbled upon someone who is a consultant still but is selling product on E-bay too and by asking her if she was a consultant she may think you are trying to report her...

Don't take it personally...

Use something like Propay or Paypal. That way the money changes hands quicker. Or COD. I wouldn't mail anything without payment first. If someone is mailing me payment I want until I receive it before I mail the item.

Don't give up -- just set some personal "procedures". This protects both the buyer and the seller.

Back from the lake and got a nice e-mail saying the seller was glad I received the shirts and that she will keep her eye out for the payment to arrive. She marked it paid and left feedback on 6/30--pretty good since I just mailed it June 27. She hasn't e-mailed that she received but the feedback tells me yes. Still more stressful than I like. Her feedback called me a reliable ebayer and I guess she was calmed by my response to her panicked e-mail. I was not mean buy very firm about exactly when I mailed the payment, asked if she wanted the money order #, and told her to refer to the feedback about me on ebay. It's done but I was worried more than necessary. I do like my shirts. hummm

1. Is it worth it to sell Pampered Chef products on eBay?

It depends on your individual goals and preferences. eBay can provide a large audience for your products and potentially increase sales, but it also requires time and effort to manage listings, shipping, and customer service.

2. How can I reduce the stress of selling on eBay as a Pampered Chef consultant?

One way to reduce stress is to create a solid plan for managing your eBay sales. This can include setting aside dedicated time for listing and shipping, utilizing automation tools, and setting clear boundaries for customer service.

3. Are there any specific tips for successfully selling Pampered Chef products on eBay?

Some tips for success on eBay include carefully researching pricing, creating detailed and attractive listings with high-quality images, providing excellent customer service, and continually evaluating and adjusting your strategy based on sales and feedback.

4. How can I handle competition from other eBay sellers offering similar Pampered Chef products?

Competition is a natural part of selling on eBay. To stand out from other sellers, try offering unique bundle deals, providing exceptional customer service, and consistently maintaining high ratings and positive reviews.

5. Is it necessary to have a large inventory of Pampered Chef products to sell on eBay?

No, it is not necessary to have a large inventory. You can start with a smaller selection and gradually expand as you see success. Additionally, you can also utilize drop-shipping options from the Pampered Chef website to fulfill orders, reducing the need for a large inventory.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies