• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a New Consultant That Told Me to Stop Calling Her so Much

In summary, the conversation is about a new consultant who has not been successful in her business and has been avoiding contact with her mentor. The consultant is now upset about not receiving a receipt for her kit and not having the support she needs. The mentor is unsure of how to approach the situation without sounding defensive or accusatory. There are also doubts about the consultant's commitment and honesty.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I have a new consultant that told me to stop calling her so much because she doesn't need help. Well obviously she does because she's had 3 shows where no one showed up and we're now past her 30 days. Well that's fine...I can let that go.

What I'm frustrated about is I just received an email from HO - she apparantly emailed and said she never received her Mandoline in her kit (and she didn't think to tell me that in the past month?? hmmmm) and that I never gave her a receipt for her kit....which is a complete lie. She got her agreement and I mailed her a receipt for her kit credit. She may not have received the receipt in the mail because I know sometimes things go missing...but why wouldn't she call me and ask me for it??? She told HO she's asked repeatedly for it and she's not impressed.

I'm not impressed right now.

ugh I know I shouldn't be so upset about this but I am. I'm really ticked off that this girl is putting in no effort, tells me not to call her and then gets upset with me for something that's not my fault!

Should I call her? What do I do? I did email her and tell her that I had sent her receipt but I'll send her another one.

I would call her. I would address her complaining to the HO--she is supposed to be calling you.Unfortuately, sounds like she won't last long...

What should I say to her? In my email I asked her why she didn't call me about the receipt. What do I say without sounding defensive and accusatory?

I agree with Debbie. Give her a call and tell her you are confused. She doesn't want you to call but then she complains to HO?

I have a new consultant that doesn't need me either but she just doesn't return my calls or emails. She has done 2 shows so far and both were small. All I can do is try. And that's all you can do. Keep her on your email list to your consultants and call her every month or whatever you do for most and let it go.

Question: What receipt are you talking about? Other than the agreement I can't think of one that you would have to send to a new consultant for their kit. Am I missing something?

bethcooks4u said:
I agree with Debbie. Give her a call and tell her you are confused. She doesn't want you to call but then she complains to HO?

I have a new consultant that doesn't need me either but she just doesn't return my calls or emails. She has done 2 shows so far and both were small. All I can do is try. And that's all you can do. Keep her on your email list to your consultants and call her every month or whatever you do for most and let it go.

Question: What receipt are you talking about? Other than the agreement I can't think of one that you would have to send to a new consultant for their kit. Am I missing something?

She used a kit credit so she wants the receipt from her show. I don't really know why she wants it...I'm really confused.

I'm going to call her in a couple of hours...I'll report back. I have a feeling she's going to be quite nice to my face - she's probably embarassed that HO sent the email to me because she's very shy and non-confrontational.

WOW! Good luck! Keep us posted!!!!

if she's still in her 1st 30 days, I hate to say it, but maybe she is planning on returning the kit to get her $$ back and thinks she needs all this documentation. I have a new one that I think is going to try to use that option to return the kit.

Not to be cynical, but the three shows where no one came....are you sure she didn't just say she was doing them....but didn't?

I question the bit about the mandoline...I'm normally trusting (too much so), but this sounds fishy.

Well, her 30 days is up and she's already done a show so I don't think she's going to return it.

I just have a hard time reading her - she tells me she wants to do this, tells me she's goign to do the training and then she doesn't. She doesn't want any support from me but she doesn't know how to book shows. She said she was coming to team training yesterday (I talked to her yesterday ! ) and she didn't show up....I'm so confused!!!

She didn't answer my call so I just emailed her.

legacypc46 said:
Not to be cynical, but the three shows where no one came....are you sure she didn't just say she was doing them....but didn't?

I question the bit about the mandoline...I'm normally trusting (too much so), but this sounds fishy.

I know she did 2 of them because one of my other new consultants (her friend) went to them to support her. I wrote about these girls before. They're both friends with a small circle of girls they hang out with . They've both had shows where they only invite the same group of girls who are Uni students and have no money so they get no sales.

Anyway.....I hate to say it but I also questioned that....in Canada, new consultant packages aren't picked when they're ordered, they're pre-packaged and it seems weird to me that it would be missing something like that....but I'm not going to judge anyone. :confused:

sounds like she just really doesn't want to do the business. I would focus my contact with her on completing her agreement with PC (finishing her shows) Try not to take it personally, some people are just like that.

Yeah I just want her to do her 4 shows...but I don't know how to coach her when she doesn't want it, you know? She can't get bookings and isn't that motivated...

legacypc46 said:

Me too. All the kits are prepacked and ready to go. I know they are human, but I don't see how they would miss that.

what were her first recipes? Most new consultant recipes call for the mandolin.

Good question. I THINK she did the strawberry amaretto pastries. I should ask her that when I talk to her next.

Wow this one sounds like too much work and you're really trying.

Maybe you can try this: "I respect your decision that I don't call you but I just want you to understand why it is call my team. When you told me you want to do this that tells me that you want a successful business and it's my responsibility to help you achieve that. Now if you only want to do this as a hobby, part-time or as a distraction I completely understand. For now I think we should focus on fulfilling the agreement and turning in your 4 shows. If you let me help you do that, then you can decide after that what you want to do or if this is even a good fit or not. Pampered Chef makes it really easy. Here are a few suggestions that have worked well with others.... (give her suggestions for getting people to the show, host coaching, etc) In the end tell her: "Try this and you will see the difference and it will be great to get the kit for free from the commission you will earn."

Addie great words :)
This all could have been written by me. Trust me you are not alone. ((HUGS))

I don't sell a lot like most of you do, sometimes I can only do a show or two a month so I can't afford kitnappers. Out of the over 25 recruits I have shared the opportunity with only two did not qualify and I learned from those. When they sign I make it clear that the 4 shows is the MINIMUM but that the sky is the limit and it's best to get a running start. I talk the talk because I walked the walk when I started and made a lot in comission and thousands in free product and incentives. I lay that out so when they slack I remind them and refer them back to our "agreement conversation" some go for it and do very well despite trying to bail others do the 4 and quit. The key is to make it about them so even if they quit they will still be your best customers and hosts and there wont be any hard feelings.

I will attach a document that I got at Conference. If she wants to do this business it will "guide" her to what she should be doing while giving her an incentive to complete training as well.

Okay...I have it I promise. It is called New Consultant Tic Tac Toe. I will email it to you if you are interested. It helps put the ball in their court. Schedule training calls with her, but make her have to call you. I thought that was a great tip to make them vested in the training (or at least gauge how vested they are).

I am having the hardest time posting attachments here (DS)

Chef Kearns said:
I will attach a document that I got at Conference. If she wants to do this business it will "guide" her to what she should be doing while giving her an incentive to complete training as well.

Okay...I have it I promise. It is called New Consultant Tic Tac Toe. I will email it to you if you are interested. It helps put the ball in their court. Schedule training calls with her, but make her have to call you. I thought that was a great tip to make them vested in the training (or at least gauge how vested they are).

Send it to me and I'll post it for you. It's atarducci @ cfl.rr.com

Chef Kearns said:
I sent it.
Well Kristi???? Where is it? I want to see this too! Share. :pray:

Man Beth! Settle down!:p:p I was teaching my DD different kisses like eskimo,butterfly what else is there?

Attachments

• new consultant tic tac toe1.doc
    31 KB · Views: 247
    31 KB · Views: 272
    31 KB · Views: 235
    31 KB · Views: 264
Chef Kearns said:

Thanks! the doc is GREAT! I will definitely use it too.

And Kristi, thanks for attaching it!:sun:

pampmomof3 said:
Man Beth! Settle down!:p:p I was teaching my DD different kisses like eskimo,butterfly what else is there?

:p

bethcooks4u said:
Thanks! the doc is GREAT! I will definitely use it too.

And Kristi, thanks for attaching it!:sun:

You are welcome! I'm glad I could contribute.:)

This is really helpful, thanks!!

pampmomof3 said:

hummm Flea? :)

I just sent an email to one of my recruits who is approaching her 90 day deadline and only has submitted $60 with a reminder of her dates, plus a reminder that:

"when you signed your agreement, I promised you that I would train you on everything you needed to start your business. While you have never attended a New Consultant training I have continued to personally invite and offer each monthly training and phone coaching to you. I also promised you that I would match your effort with my time. Please let me know if it is time for me stop contacting you or if you are now ready to take the necessary steps to begin a successful business."

Do I think it will tick her off? Probably so. But I also want to remind her that this is HER business to lose, not mine. And I also want her to see that I do not take any responsibility for her lack of success or her failure to attempt to try.

That is straight and to the point, Amy. I like it. If it ticks her off, so be it.

amy07 said:
I just sent an email to one of my recruits who is approaching her 90 day deadline and only has submitted $60 with a reminder of her dates, plus a reminder that:

"when you signed your agreement, I promised you that I would train you on everything you needed to start your business. While you have never attended a New Consultant training I have continued to personally invite and offer each monthly training and phone coaching to you. I also promised you that I would match your effort with my time. Please let me know if it is time for me stop contacting you or if you are now ready to take the necessary steps to begin a successful business."

Do I think it will tick her off? Probably so. But I also want to remind her that this is HER business to lose, not mine. And I also want her to see that I do not take any responsibility for her lack of success or her failure to attempt to try.

I think that's great!! I may have to use it in 60 more days!

UPDATE: She has already responded!! by email no less, but it did get her attention. She doesn't seem upset, just the same old line "i have alot going on right now". Of course no explanation to what the other stuff is.

My response (cliff notes version;)):
as a friend: sorry for your circumstances
as a business associate: sorry for your circumstances. I cannot help you until I know what you have and have not tried and if you want to try. I need to know if/when you are ready to start.

bless & release.

NEXT?!?!

Great response Amy. I think really realizing that THEY have to take some part in their business and we don't have to hand-hold them helps take alot of the stress out of being a Director. Although I want (and I"m sure we all do) everyone who signs with me to be successful. I just have to remember it is at the level they want and are willing to work for.

Let her know that if she has decided she has too much her on her plate, you can help her send back her kit. (Yes, I can be bad)

1. Why did my new consultant tell me to stop calling her so much?

Your new consultant may feel overwhelmed or annoyed by frequent phone calls. It's important to respect her boundaries and give her space to work on her business.

2. What should I do if my consultant is struggling with no-shows at her shows?

It's important to provide support and guidance for your new consultant. Offer to help her with her party planning and guest list, and share tips for increasing attendance.

3. How should I handle my frustration with my consultant's lack of communication?

It's important to address any issues with your consultant directly and calmly. Express your concerns and give her a chance to explain her side of the story. Communication is key in any business relationship.

4. What should I do if my consultant claims she did not receive a product in her kit?

First, verify with the company that the product was indeed included in her kit. If it was, offer to replace the missing item or provide a credit. If it was not included, apologize for the mistake and work with your consultant to resolve the issue.

5. How can I handle a consultant who is not satisfied with my services?

It's important to listen to your consultant's concerns and address them in a professional and understanding manner. Offer to make things right and improve your communication and services moving forward. Remember to always maintain a positive and supportive attitude towards your team members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
annew
  • PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies