• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Bronchitis Taking Over My Life?

In summary, the conversation is about Carolyn feeling sick with bronchitis and taking antibiotics, but still not feeling well. She has a stack of phone calls to make and has to take a steroid pack. She may not be able to go to a wedding in NY because of her illness. Her 8-year-old son asked if she had cancer, which made her upset. Other people in the conversation offer advice and sympathy, and suggest taking zinc lozenges to prevent future illnesses.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am whiny tonight.
I am SO sick it's not even funny.
I finished my course of antibiotics for the Bronchitis I contracted in Atlantis and am still feeling horrid. I am weak, my muscles ache, all I can do is sleep all day. I have a stack of phone calls I need to make and have not gotten to them.
Went back to the doc today and he put me on some cortisone steriod pack for 6 days that I have to start tonmorrow. He said it should clear up the inflammation in my lungs and make me feel better.
We are supposed to go to NY this weekened for a wedding and he said that at this point I should plan on not going...unless miraculously I feel much better in the next 36 hours his recommendation is that I not get on a plane :(
I have been taking multivitamins daily hoping they'll build me up a bit...nope.
And my poor 8yo asked today "Mom, are you dying of cancer?" I about collapsed. He has been hearing all the HWC talk and mention of several family friends who were recently diagnosed w/cancer...and assumed since Mommy's been so sick for so long that Mommy must have cancer, too. My poor child. I assured him it's just bronchitis and it won't kill me and I'm gonna get better, blah blah blah...but...wow :(

Last edited:
Ugh! Get some rest, woman!

Yeah, I know you need some hugs and sympathy but get off CS and TRY to get some rest!

{{{{{Carolyn}}}}}

There are your hugs...now try to rest and sleep! Take your meds, take some extra vitamin C, get as much rest and clear fluids and you can to get that knocked out of you.

What a souviner from Atlantis! But, I know how you feel... I really do! I used to develop a fairly severe case of bronchitis every winter that required multiple rounds of anitbiotics to cure... The coughing, aching, fever... it was almost as bad as having the flu! I can tell you that after 6 years of this, there is no magic cure. You just need to take your meds, keep eating what you can, keep hydrated and RELAX...

But with all of that, having your son ask you that... makes me want to cry just thinking about it... But just be glad he actually asked you instead of having the crazy idea floating in his head!

I'd offer to bring you some soup or something, but it might not be so great after I drive 15 hours from Ohio! But, I can keep you in my prayers!

You poor thing. Try to rest as much as you can, drink plenty of fluids, and feel better. Your son must have been really concerned about his mommy. At least he cam to you and asked you. I am glad you had a heart to heart talk with him. I will be thinking of you and praying that you recover fast.

*snugs*, may you feel back to normal ASAP.

Sorry to hear this Carolyn, hope you get better soon! :)

Hope you feel better soon Carolyn! After having bronchitis twice in 3 months in 2005-2006 winter, I can relate to how bad it gets. At least you are getting it taken care of now -- mine almost turned into pneumonia and that would have been no good at all! So do what the dr orders and rest! Use this as an excuse to rent lots of movies and catch up on some magazines or books you've been meaning to read! May you feel better and miraculously be able to attend the wedding this weekend!

Once you start taking the steroids you will start feeling better pretty quickly..... but don't push it. I have been there oh so many time. Hang in there!

After dealing with the same thing off and on for 2 years I can so relate! The Steriods will help tons!!!! When the doc. put me on them I was bummed but next day I felt like a new woman, I could breathe!!!!

Personaly I've now been diagnosed with Asthma triggered by alergies. I am on a steriod inhaler for maintenance.

Hope you feel better SOON!!!

Carolyn, may I make a little suggestion? I take Zinc Lozenges when I start to feel something coming on. It always takes care of the problem. Not sure if it will work once you have a full blown illness, but why not try?

I got the idea from a doctor I used to work with (I was a Respiratory Therapist in my pre-PC life). I always went to him to ask for antibiotics when I felt I was catching something....he suggested this remedy and I have only had to take antibiotics once in 3 years since!

I get the generic Zinc Lozenges from Wal-Mart. There are more expensive versions out there, but the generics work fine for me.

I also use them before a trip (gotta love the re-issued air on planes), as a preventative!!

Good luck, get better!

Oh, sweetie, I'm sending serious prayers up for you and feel-good vibes toward you. Take real good care of yourself.

If you don't get to go, I know it's a shame to miss the wedding, but you aren't going to have a good time if you're miserable.

Oscillococcinum is helpful for the achiness - Is the fever gone or did you have much fever. You can find Oscillococcinum in most drug stores and health food stores now. It says it is for flu but my doc told me to take it when I had flu like symptoms. Echinachea w/ Astragulus can help build up your immune system. If you go to the health food store a trained staff memeber can help you find some things to help. The Zinc and vitamin C never hurts either.

I hope you feel better soon.......

Well, the steriod medication seems to be helping but now today I was at the OB/GYN with the lovely feminine issues that come along with being on antibiotics...ugh. I just can't win :p

dannyzmom said:
Well, the steriod medication seems to be helping but now today I was at the OB/GYN with the lovely feminine issues that come along with being on antibiotics...ugh. I just can't win :p

If you are done with your course of antibiotics, start eating that yogurt!

See... this is why I avoid doctors. If it's not one thing it's another.

chefann said:
See... this is why I avoid doctors. If it's not one thing it's another.
And another and another! I have been on so many antibiotics since October I am SICK of it!

Carolyn: Hopefully by now you are feeling better. You're in my prayers!

So sorry to hear your not feeling well Carolyn! I hope you get to feeling better so you can go to the wedding.

janetupnorth said:
If you are done with your course of antibiotics, start eating that yogurt!

I have been eating yogurt all along. My DH is such a sweetheart, he was making me yogurt & fruit shakes every night after dinner just to get extra yogurt into me - LOL I am going to take acidophilus pills next time around!

Hope you feel better soon!

I highly recomend Azo Yeast tablets. I was sick for about 2 months straight, 4 rounds of antibiotics in a row and I really believe that the Azo Yeast kept it from going that way.

I don't eat yogurt. When my milk goes bad, I throw it out.

Related to Is Bronchitis Taking Over My Life?

1. What is "Whining...feel Free to Ignore"?

"Whining...feel Free to Ignore" is a cookbook by Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes designed for busy families.

2. Who is the target audience for this cookbook?

This cookbook is perfect for busy parents or individuals who want to make quick and tasty meals without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

3. Can I find traditional recipes in "Whining...feel Free to Ignore"?

Yes, this cookbook offers a mix of traditional and modern recipes, all with a focus on simplicity and convenience.

4. Are there any special tools or equipment required for the recipes?

No, all of the recipes in "Whining...feel Free to Ignore" can be made using basic kitchen tools and equipment.

5. Are the ingredients for the recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes are common and can be found in most grocery stores, making meal planning and preparation a breeze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies