• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doctor Visit - Antibiotics to Treat Bronchitis

In summary, Carolyn went to the doctor today and he gave her a 5 day course of antibiotics. Her Bronchitis is apparently coming back and she sounds pretty sick.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I finally gave in and went to the doctor today after feeling like crap for 10 days. I have Bronchitis :(
The good news is he put me on a 5-day course of antibiotics...I took the first one with lunch today...so by Thursday I should be feeling better (good thing cuz I have a show Thursday night).

Oh my poooorrrr Carolyn..that is awful.

Jilleysue said:
Oh my poooorrrr Carolyn..that is awful.

You should hear what I sound like - my kids have been laughing at me.LOL

Oh no!!!

I'm thinking my sinus infection is coming back. It really sucks cuz I have a TON of calls to make, but my nose is so stuffed I can barely breathe and I sound horrible.

Today my 3 yo told me his ears hurt.

I think I know where we are going tomorrow. :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Carolyn as I have been wondering if you were any better. Bronchitis is no fun. My DH had it so bad that it affected his oxygen level and he passed out. I had to get him to the hospital in December to get stitches on his left side of his head and he had to stay there for 3 days and the good ole prednisone routine followed him home for a week.

If I was closer I would bring you some chicken soup! Get some rest. I get bronchitis every year!

Kristin:

Last week her DH made her some but apparently it must not have been enough to do the trick!

pamperedharriet said:
Kristin:

Last week her DH made her some but apparently it must not have been enough to do the trick!
He needs to make more!! :eek:

That sucks!! NOT FUN at all. I hope you feel better soon!!!:)

Vhat chew needink ist gut Yiddish penecillian. Shzicken zoup. You needink to breathe deep of vaporz from shzicken zoup. It's good for vhat is ailink you.

My grandfather used to sneak me some brandy when I was a lot younger when I had bronchitis or a bad cold while my grandmother gave me chicken soup!

I bet...
dannyzmom said:
I finally gave in and went to the doctor today after feeling like crap for 10 days. I have Bronchitis :(
The good news is he put me on a 5-day course of antibiotics...I took the first one with lunch today...so by Thursday I should be feeling better (good thing cuz I have a show Thursday night).

He gave you the Z pack or azithromycin :) One of my favorite antibiotics :)

feel better soon;

liz

lizcooks4u said:
He gave you the Z pack or azithromycin :) One of my favorite antibiotics :)

feel better soon;

liz

5 day - yeah sounds like zithromax or variant to me...works great unless you get hit multiple times in a year then it looses its impact like any antibiotic.

Hope you start to feel better and your voice comes back...get rest and stay well hydrated!

get better Caroline I hate being sick

Feel better! Being sick is never fun, but on a good note, at least now you know what's wrong and it's on its way to being fixed!

I hope you are feeling better already Carolyn. Good luck with your show on Thursday!

Rest. Drink plenty of fluids (especially warm ones). Take all of your meds. Feel better soon!

Related to Doctor Visit - Antibiotics to Treat Bronchitis

1. What are the common symptoms of bronchitis?

Common symptoms of bronchitis include coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, difficulty breathing, and fatigue. Some people may also experience fever, chills, and body aches.

2. How is bronchitis diagnosed?

Bronchitis is typically diagnosed based on symptoms and a physical exam. Your doctor may also order a chest X-ray or a sputum test to help confirm the diagnosis.

3. Will antibiotics help treat bronchitis?

Antibiotics are only effective in treating bronchitis if it is caused by a bacterial infection. However, most cases of bronchitis are caused by a virus and antibiotics will not help. Your doctor will determine if you need antibiotics based on the cause of your bronchitis.

4. How long does it take for antibiotics to work on bronchitis?

If you have bronchitis caused by a bacterial infection, antibiotics can start working within a few days. It is important to take the full course of antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, even if you start feeling better.

5. Are there any side effects of taking antibiotics for bronchitis?

Like all medications, antibiotics can have side effects. Common side effects include upset stomach, diarrhea, and allergic reactions. It is important to talk to your doctor about any concerns or side effects you experience while taking antibiotics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • paroese
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
Replies