• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Barney Says, "Enough!" and Bites a Reporter!

In summary, Barney Bush, the First Dog, bit a reporter today. The reporter was bitten on the finger and is getting a tetanus shot. Barney is a Scottie, President Bush's canine companion and is reported to be tired of the criticism.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
WARNING! Political humor follows. ;)

Barney Bush, the First Dog, bit a reporter today:

Barney snaps under pressure, bites White House reporter

Thursday, November 6, 2008, 03:04 PM

Link: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/shared-blogs/ajc/politicalinsider/entries/2008/11/06/barney_snaps_under_pressure_bi.html

Politico is reporting that Barney the Scottie, President Bush’s canine companion, finally snapped and bit a White House reporter today.

Reporters haven’t decided whether Barney was fed up with liberal media bias, depressed by how history is likely to rate his tenure, or was simply enjoying the sense of freedom that comes to any short-timer.

The victim was Reuters TV correspondent Jon Decker, who’d bent down to pet the dog. Damage was limited to a broken skin on a finger.

Politico quotes Decker:

“As a result of the bleeding, I was treated by White House physician Dr. Richard Tubb,” Decker tells us. And, “Am now on antibiotics and will be getting a tetanus shot administered by Dr. Tubb tomorrow,” he says.

Rumors that Barney has contacted Scooter Libby for the name of a good attorney are totally unfounded.

I just saw that. Even the dog is tired of the criticism. They say dogs sense their enemies...must have been a MSM reporter. ;)

I thought this would resonate better than it did. Doesn't anyone know who Barney and Miss Beasley are?Now, who could resist a face like this one? It's Barney, last February, in the Rose Garden.
february2007.jpg

I do, but obviously the rest aren't into dogs lately...

DISCLAIMER: I am a reporter by trade and obviously it doesn't pay didly. (Otherwise, why would I sell PC?)I was bitten by a dog too, though never while on duty. I was reaching out to pet my neighbor's dog and said in a nice voice, "Aw, are you trying to say hi?"The dog broke the skin on my hand and I drove myself to the ER because it would not stop bleeding. The ER nurse assured me I did the right thing because their mouths are filled with bacteria, telling me that the only thing worse than a dog bite is a cat bite.Fortunately, my insurance paid the bill.I since learned that when extending a hand for a dog to sniff, one should ball their hand into a fist. It's less threatening to our canine friends.Did he bite back? Now that would be news!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Did he bite back? Now that would be news!

AH HA HA HA.... that would be funny:D

Watch the editorial pages. ;) Reporters tend to find ways of biting back.

Cute, KG. I've seen several Barney gags lately. One was a news conference where he vowed to welcome the new First Puppy and leave behind a few chew toys.

Hey, guess what? I just talked to somebody (a past customer) who met Barney! She didn't get bitten! Apparently he only bites Democrats.I will PM a few of you a link to the article at a later time. I will not post it publicly.

Watch the editorial pages. Reporters tend to find ways of biting back.
Actually, it's the editors who bite back on those pages. ;) And the reporter in question is a broadcaster anyway ...

It doesn't matter what his title is - he's an idiot.If you watch the video, there is no doubt why Barney nailed him. The dog was surrounded by a crowd and this guy didn't approach him slowly and smoothly, he swooped down more like he was attacking, at least, that's probably how Barney saw it.Afterwards, the guy whined on camera about it, too.

What a weenie.

He even has his name in lights!
IM002653.jpg

You know, that says a lot about the town of Peru, IN.

That they like Peruvian weenies?

You have no idea.

The town is just a circus.Well, part of it is, anyway.

Again, you have no idea.

Okay! So I haven't actually opened up this thread and read it until tonight!

So, I though this thread was a joke because when I visualized this I thought of that stupid purple dinasaour biting a reporter! Now sit back and invisualize that for a little bit! LOLOL! You see I wouldn't put it past KG to post something like that!!

But I heard about this on the news yesterday morning and they played a part from Jay Leno's show and Jay's joke was that when Barney bit the reporter, President Bush was like "finally!" Too funny!

1. What is the story behind "Barney Says, "Enough!" and Bites a Reporter!"?

"Barney Says, "Enough!" and Bites a Reporter!" is a children's book written by Fred Rogers, the creator of the beloved TV show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood." It tells the story of Barney, a friendly dinosaur, who gets overwhelmed by a pushy reporter and decides to speak up and defend himself.

2. Is this book appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "Barney Says, "Enough!" and Bites a Reporter!" is appropriate for all ages. It is a great resource for teaching children about standing up for themselves and setting boundaries in a respectful manner.

3. What lessons can children learn from reading this book?

Through the story of Barney, children can learn the importance of communication, assertiveness, and respecting others' boundaries. They can also learn about empathy and understanding different perspectives.

4. Are there any discussion questions or activities included in the book?

Yes, the book includes discussion questions and activities that parents and teachers can use to further explore the themes of the story with children. These can also be found on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Is "Barney Says, "Enough!" and Bites a Reporter!" available in other languages?

Currently, the book is only available in English. However, there are plans to release translations in other languages in the future. Please check the Pampered Chef website for updates on availability.

Back