• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Pot Rack the Perfect Gift for My New Cookware?

In summary, Beth is very happy with her grill pan and grill press and is jealous of Shannon who lives in a closed-off bathroom. They discuss the benefits of having walls in the kitchen and Shannon's cat that shredded the carpet outside the bathroom door.
NMmommy
I just got and I have been using it like crazy! It is my favorite piece of cookware now!! I still have not used the press with it yet.

It is a great item! And did you know that it was one of the top-rated grill pans by Cook's Illustrated magazine?

Well GET THAT GRILL PRESS!! They are awesome together! I use the grill pan SO more often not that I have that press.

For the first month I had my grill pan and press, it went from Stovetop to sink, to stovetop to sink....over and over again!! It didn't see the inside of my cabinets til I put it away when I was having people over!!

hmmm... None of my cookware ever sees the inside of a cabinet. But that's because I have a hanging pot rack over the sink. :)

I love the grill pan too. And the grill press seems to make things cook quicker to me!

It does, because it holds things down so they make more contact with the hot pan.

chefann said:
hmmm... None of my cookware ever sees the inside of a cabinet. But that's because I have a hanging pot rack over the sink. :)
I am so jealous! I want a pot rack but DH is afraid of them. [that the may fall down and wreck the ceiling - and what about my pans!]

I can't have a wall rack either because I have no walls.

Wow, you must live in a really open house, Beth.

Does the bathroom have walls?

BethCooks4U said:
I am so jealous! I want a pot rack but DH is afraid of them. [that the may fall down and wreck the ceiling - and what about my pans!]

I can't have a wall rack either because I have no walls.
And my pot rack is a perfect match to the Professional cookware. It's a Calphalon hard-anodized rack - fits perfectly over the sink. It's staying when we redo the kitchen next year.

I want a hanging pot rack!!! We just moved into our first home...that is one of the upgrades I am going to have to make!! (After the baby comes of course!)

chefann said:
And my pot rack is a perfect match to the Professional cookware. It's a Calphalon hard-anodized rack - fits perfectly over the sink. It's staying when we redo the kitchen next year.

Where did you get it?

raebates said:
Wow, you must live in a really open house, Beth.

Does the bathroom have walls?
:eek: Yes, the bathroom has walls and so do the bedrooms but the kitchen and great room are very open and the only walls in the kitchen have cupboards on them.

chefann said:
It is a great item! And did you know that it was one of the top-rated grill pans by Cook's Illustrated magazine?

What issue? I get the online version, but haven't actually had time to read it in awhile...

I feel much better, Beth. I mean, we're kind of an "open bathroom door" family, but we do close it when we have guests. Without walls I might feel a bit inhibited.And now back to the original thread topic . . . So, you really like the grill pan, huh?

That's funny Rae! We are an "Open Bathroom Door" kinda family too.....must be living with all men! The problem here is that sometimes, even with company, the door almost gets forgotten!!!:eek:

One day, I tried to shut the door - I just wanted a few minutes of peace and quiet all to myself! - and my DS almost freaked out! The bathroom door had never been shut on him before!

We lived in a mobile home when our little guy was a little guy. If I locked the door (for a few moments' peace and quiet), he'd put his little fingers under the door, wiggle them, and say, "Mommy, are you in there?"

I can't close my bathroom door or my cats will go nuts - they follow me EVERYWHERE!!!

Poor Shannon. She starts a nice little thread about how great the Grill Pan is, and I turn it into a discussion of bathroom doors. Shame on me.

Okay - I love my grill pan too! I use it (along with the grill press) about 3-4 times a week...but it willl probably be less now that it's official "Grilling Season".

And, when my cat was a kitten, she shredded the carpet outside the bathroom door, trying to get in when I was in there! Naughty Kitty!

Hey - Two threads for the same price as one! What a deal!

Oooh, you're so talented, Becky.

To quote someone much more talented than myself....."It's a Gift"....

Your guys are funny ....

double threading and cross threading....

Hey that is a new workshop.... let me add it.

genburk said:
Your guys are funny ....

double threading and cross threading....

Hey that is a new workshop.... let me add it.

Just as long as it's not double-crossing!:eek:

That could take us into known territory... that no one wants to enter again (past thread issues.... SHhhhh! Let's not bring those up again.)

WOW!! From Grill Pans to Bathroom Fixtures!!! Now that is a sharp turn:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Yes I love my grill pan even though I don't have walls to hang a pot rack but I do have bathroom (and bedroom) walls which work well to separate the different parts of the house while I am cooking with my grill pan and grill press.

(Life is a circle as illustrated by this thread.:cool: )

BethCooks4U said:
Yes I love my grill pan even though I don't have walls to hang a pot rack but I do have bathroom (and bedroom) walls which work well to separate the different parts of the house while I am cooking with my grill pan and grill press.

(Life is a circle as illustrated by this thread.:cool: )

And now we've turned to Philosophy!

ChefBeckyD said:
And now we've turned to Philosophy!
Shucks, I was just trying to get this thread back on track!:rolleyes:

BethCooks4U said:
Shucks, I was just trying to get this thread back on track!:rolleyes:

Back on track???? Now why would you want to do that?:p

We wouldn't... back to bathrooms!

Growing up my mom always used the bathroom as her room... she tought me from as early as I remember if the bathroom door is shut, I am not to interrupt!

btw... I rarely use my grill pan, but I have some chicken I need to cook, so I think out wil come my grill pan and press...

No pot rack for me, but I do have a baker's rack that has the grid on the back, so some of my flat pans are hanging on that...

Wow... I feel so confused by this whole thread, I don't even know if anything I just "said" makes sense?!?!

Hmmm... a baker's rack. Oh, wait! I'd need a wall for that too!

Maybe I can hang the pots in the bathroom...

A whole new meaning to multi-tasking ;)

chefann said:

picture please! We are trying to decide where to put our SLAW rack, I'd love to see the over the sink look.

OK-
I was OOC (out of the Country) for the weekend, and I'm just back now.I got my pot rack at Great Indoors (which is/was a division of Sears) several years ago. It's a Calphalon rack, so I'm sure that other stores sell it. It's an oval with 3 bars running across the inside of the oval, crosswise. It came with enough hooks to hang 10 pots.I'll try to take a pic soon (but making a post slut shirt is higher on my list of CS priorities).

chefann said:
OK-
I was OOC (out of the Country) for the weekend, and I'm just back now.

I got my pot rack at Great Indoors (which is/was a division of Sears) several years ago. It's a Calphalon rack, so I'm sure that other stores sell it. It's an oval with 3 bars running across the inside of the oval, crosswise. It came with enough hooks to hang 10 pots.

I'll try to take a pic soon (but making a post slut shirt is higher on my list of CS priorities).

Ann - I would LOVE to see a picture. We have a small 2 bedroom house with not much cupboard space and over the sink is about the only place I could hang a pot rack...

janetupnorth said:
Ann - I would LOVE to see a picture. We have a small 2 bedroom house with not much cupboard space and over the sink is about the only place I could hang a pot rack...

My DH (a very handy man to have around!) put in a large skylight in our kitchen, and hung a pot rack from the skylight - it's in front of(or would that be behind?) where the stove is, and makes it convenient for reaching up and grabbing pots and pans when I need them. (We have a very small house too - and it's just so nice for storage to have the pots and pans hanging)

I've always wanted one (no matter where I've lived) and now I'm wanting one more and more. :rolleyes:

But, if I take my daughter's advice yesterday...it was..."Mom, you know you are supposed to be happy with what you have and not ask for anything else. If people give you something you can enjoy it and try to give back to them but you shouldn't ask for anything." (Can't you tell it was her Birthday and she got told not to EXPECT gifts????)

...hmm, ask hubby for pot rack...be content with crowded cupboards...oh, I'm so torn...I'm going to keep dreaming of one though...

janetupnorth said:
But, if I take my daughter's advice yesterday...it was..."Mom, you know you are supposed to be happy with what you have and not ask for anything else. If people give you something you can enjoy it and try to give back to them but you shouldn't ask for anything." (Can't you tell it was her Birthday and she got told not to EXPECT gifts????)

Does it count as asking if you just casually mention that you would LOVE a pot rack??? I don't think so... I think that is just letting your DH know what you would actually like if he ever had the idea to go buy you something... Then he wouldn't have to struggle with the overwhelming decision about what to buy... By telling him what to buy you, you are actually doing him a favor!

Related to Is a Pot Rack the Perfect Gift for My New Cookware?

1. Is a pot rack necessary for my new cookware?

It depends on your personal preference and kitchen space. A pot rack can definitely add some organization and convenience to your cooking routine, but it is not essential.

2. What are the benefits of using a pot rack?

A pot rack can help save space in your cabinets and keep your cookware easily accessible. It can also add a decorative touch to your kitchen and prevent scratches and damage to your pots and pans.

3. How do I know if my cookware is suitable for a pot rack?

Most cookware sets are designed to be used with a pot rack, so you should have no problems. However, it is always a good idea to check the weight and size of your cookware to ensure it can be safely hung on a pot rack.

4. Can I use a pot rack for other kitchen items?

Yes, pot racks can also be used to hang other kitchen utensils, such as ladles, spatulas, and whisks. Some pot racks even have hooks for hanging measuring cups and spoons.

5. Is it difficult to install a pot rack?

It depends on the type of pot rack you choose. Some pot racks require drilling and mounting, while others simply hang on the wall or ceiling. It is always a good idea to carefully read the installation instructions before purchasing a pot rack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ivykeep
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies