• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Individual Order for Cookware Set

In summary, the husband is considering purchasing a cookware set for his wife for Christmas, but is undecided which set to buy. He asks a friend for advice and the friend suggests either the SS or Exec set. The husband is interested in the 7-piece set of either SS or Exec, but is hesitant to get involved in the "show" aspect of the purchase. He is considering submitting the purchase as his own show on the online retailer, but is worried that the husband might not want to be bothered with details or extra money. If the husband acts as the host, he will have 1 guest order of $345. He can purchase the Host Special for himself, and get half price items. If the
kam
Staff member
I have a husband of a friend who approached me about ordering a cookware set for his wife for Christmas.

He does not know if he should order the Exec or SS and asked me to see "what I could find out". I don't know how I could even begin to find out - without giving away his surprise. In fact, what he said to me was "find out which set she would like and let me know." I then had a brief second to mention the set sizes and he said "the biggest set". I gave him the price range and he was fine with it.

So, he is interested in the 7-piece set of either SS or Exec. I was going to tell him it did not matter which set - because if she wanted the other set - we could return it and exchange it for the other set.

Now, since Pan-O-Rama is going on, I really would like to get this order submitted around Nov 29 or 30th. (selfish - I know, but I am new and need cookware to demo!) I think I read that the return policy starts the 30-day countdown when the produt ships? (true?) Is the 30-days extended at all for Christmas returns?

Now, how do the Pan-O-Rama points work with returns? If he buys the SS set - I get 450 points toward POR, but what if he returns it for the Exec set (345 points)???

Also, I wasn't sure I wanted to get involved in the whole "show" thing with him. With anyone else, I would offer to them to place the cookware as an order on their own show and also act as host for the other items...but I really don't think he wants to get that invovled with this. (He didn't even want to take the time to find out which set she would prefer.)

So does anyone see a problem with me submitting this as my own show?

Any input appreciated!
Thanks!

The exchange period is not extended for the holidays. They could return it after Christmas, but they'd have to pay shipping on it. Ask him what his wife complains about most in reference to her current cookware. If she complains that things stick, recommend the Exec. If she hates having to use non-metal utensils, recommend the SS. (Personally, I recommend the Exec as better for most families, as the nonstick makes cleanup so much easier for maintenance.)I don't think that HO will take away your POR points if they return it. And I say go ahead and enter it as a show. Heck- you can enter it as a show in hubby's name (wife as the "guest" with the cookware on her order), then use the FPV to add a couple Chef's Tools to use with the cookware.

As always~good idea Ann!! I'm sure he'd appreciate some free tools!!

That is a good idea Ann about getting the chef's tools for her. I would of never thought about that.

chefann said:
The exchange period is not extended for the holidays. They could return it after Christmas, but they'd have to pay shipping on it.

Ask him what his wife complains about most in reference to her current cookware. If she complains that things stick, recommend the Exec. If she hates having to use non-metal utensils, recommend the SS. (Personally, I recommend the Exec as better for most families, as the nonstick makes cleanup so much easier for maintenance.)

I don't think that HO will take away your POR points if they return it. And I say go ahead and enter it as a show. Heck- you can enter it as a show in hubby's name (wife as the "guest" with the cookware on her order), then use the FPV to add a couple Chef's Tools to use with the cookware.

30-day question: If I place the order on Nov 29 and let's say the clock starts ticking on Nov 29, do I have until Dec 29 to CALL and make the arrangements, or does it have to be PICKED up by FedEx by Dec 29?

I know for a fact this gentleman will NOT want to be bothered about a host special or half price items. But I think that is a nice idea to throw in some Chef tools with the FPV. I can just throw those in and not bother him with details or extra money.

So, if I act as the host:
I will have 1 guest order of $345.
Can I purchase the Host Special for myself?
Do I get half price items for myself?
But I would use the FPV and throw in some tools for him. (Yes, I know they would be under my name - but they would come to me with a warranty exchange anyway).

One last option:
Under the worst case scenario what if she doesn't want the cookware at all? Can products be flat-out returned?

The 30 days is from the SHIPMENT date. So, if you submit November 29th and it ships December 5th, they have until January 5th to get back to you about an adjustment.

The 30-day period starts the day the order is SHIPPED, not received. Right now, that's within a day or so, but may not be later in the month. :)If you submit it as a Consultant as Host show, then yes, you can get the host special and any earned half-price items - great way to build out your kit. And yes, products can be flat-out returned. It does happen occasionally (I just assumed that if his question was about which set to get, they'd be more likely to exchange for the other one than just return it).Would he be open to giving it to his wife a little early? I know that if I got a great set of cookware for the holidays, I'd appreciate having it ASAP - especially if I were doing any entertaining!

chefann said:
And yes, products can be flat-out returned. It does happen occasionally (I just assumed that if his question was about which set to get, they'd be more likely to exchange for the other one than just return it).

Would he be open to giving it to his wife a little early? I know that if I got a great set of cookware for the holidays, I'd appreciate having it ASAP - especially if I were doing any entertaining!

I don't know why I asked about the flat-out return - just making sure I guess. I would definitely push for an exchange - but you just never know.

Here is the back story: His wife was my third show - just last week. He approached me after the show about the cookware. Back when I was getting her to book a show (and of course I was pushing Sept for the cookware) she did not seem all that excited about the cookware. There could have been many reasons for that. Purchasing the cookware (even at 60% off) might be different than getting it as a gift. When I did the show she was not excited about the products, or even the Oct special either. (She has PC shows every year and loves the products - but we have had some neighborhood drama which has probably lead to her not being excited about her show). By the way, the show was terrible too. When I was going on about the host benefits and explaining to the guests what she was getting - she did NOT act like she cared one way or the other. Needless to say I got no bookings.

So this is why I am slightly concerned about a flat-out return.

If he wants to buy her cookware - who I am I to say no? I know she normally loves PC products - and maybe the day I asked her about hosting - she just wasn't into it.

Sooooo...if I have a show and the cookware is my only guest order and that is flat out returned...what about my show. I know my commision changes - that is only right...but what about the host special I purchase and the half-price items and FPV??? I guess ethically, it should all be returned...

That's tricky, since it would be part of a show technically. I have only had one large return (in 6 years!) and it was an individual order. The customer returned her whole order, so commission was adjusted. However, if they return only part of an order then your comm is "safe." If you're really nervous about it, collect a few more customer orders to put on the show, so that it's not the whole show that's being returned. (It's very possible to collect quite a bit in individual customer orders in November as people shop for the holidays.)

chefann said:
That's tricky, since it would be part of a show technically. I have only had one large return (in 6 years!) and it was an individual order. The customer returned her whole order, so commission was adjusted. However, if they return only part of an order then your comm is "safe." If you're really nervous about it, collect a few more customer orders to put on the show, so that it's not the whole show that's being returned. (It's very possible to collect quite a bit in individual customer orders in November as people shop for the holidays.)

I would not be upset about losing the commission - I mean that is only right...but if I were to order products as half off - I know one item would be the 12" Exec Skillet that I desperately need for demos - I would be extremely disappointed to return it or pay full price.

I am afraid that I have tapped everyone out in my circle as far as PC goes. But I can try for an order or two.

Thanks!

Stop complicating things. Decide with him what he wants to get her and send it in as an individual order. It is not a show and calling it a show is just wrong.

You could add it to an existing show to save him shipping cost but that is the only way that sounds honest to me.

And as far as returns. If you send it in the end of November he will have until the end of December to exchange it with free shipping. Just be sure he understands that he will have to pay to ship it back if he waits longer than that. And adjustments are NOT made to commission NOR host benefits if someone returns things so no worries there.

Last edited:
I have done this before as a catalog show. I had a mother and daughter that both wanted the cookware. I put one order in as the show order and then they got the other set as the half price item.

I have someone right now considering the cookware, and I will put it in as a catalog show. I take up shows myself about every other month and sometimes every month if I have enough to qualify as a show.

I think you are overthinking it but I cannot blame you for that b/c sometimes I tend to do the same thing.

As far as letting him order it, I would not say anything about her not seeming to thrilled about it. You would be shooting yourself in the foot. And a lot of men buy bad Christmas gifts anyway, so, he might as well by good cookware!!!

BethCooks4U said:
Stop complicating things. Decide with him what he wants to get her and send it in as an individual order. It is not a show and calling it a show is just wrong.

I completely disagree. It is not wrong to call it a show when the order is enough to count as a show. I think using the FPV to add on some extras to the cookware is a great idea and is likely to prevent anything from being returned. And as for using the half-priced items and host special for yourself, go for it. You will not have to return them if the cookware is returned. I see nothing wrong with this, especially if you are using all or even some of the FPV to give to them.

If you want, you can just let him know that since he placed such a big order, he is eligible for a half price item and 60% off item, but don't push it. I would just say, "I just wanted to let you know that, but you are not obligated to it!"

I would definitely call it a catalog show... that is what it is, he is ordering from the catalog and the order is over $150, so what is duplicitous about that? I would also do this... let him know if he purchases the 5 and 7 piece sets, you will include $300 in other products for free. You would just enter the other products first to get the show to the $300 level, then enter the cookware at the host half price combo... it works out to almost the same amount (for the executive cookware that is, not sure with the stainless as I haven't done the math)--I think you may end up gifting like $15 but you'd have tons of pan points and probably a pretty happy customer. I'm sure someone will post that doing this is not "honest" but I think it is just creative packaging. ;)

urbnk8 said:
I completely disagree. It is not wrong to call it a show when the order is enough to count as a show. I think using the FPV to add on some extras to the cookware is a great idea and is likely to prevent anything from being returned. And as for using the half-priced items and host special for yourself, go for it. You will not have to return them if the cookware is returned. I see nothing wrong with this, especially if you are using all or even some of the FPV to give to them.

If you want, you can just let him know that since he placed such a big order, he is eligible for a half price item and 60% off item, but don't push it. I would just say, "I just wanted to let you know that, but you are not obligated to it!"
Sorry. But the host benefits are there to encourage hosts to collect orders from other people. If someone wants to just order they can but that does not make them eligible for host benefits no matter how much they order. When I have someone place a large order I always offer them the option of collecting at least 1 or 2 other orders so they can take advantage of the discount but some people just want to place an order.

You might want to call Home Office on this subject. They will clarify for you.

Thanks for all the info!

I called a couple people I know who I thought might want something before the holidays and I have 2 orders now. Plus the cookware order.

I feel that since I have 3 people who I have located or have come to me with orders then I feel OK doing this as a catalog show now. I would be the host. I think this would be no different than a possible host putting out some feelers for orders and deciding to go ahead with a catalog show. I made the calls to get the extra orders, plus I have 3 weeks to get more orders.

jrstephens said:
As far as letting him order it, I would not say anything about her not seeming to thrilled about it. You would be shooting yourself in the foot. And a lot of men buy bad Christmas gifts anyway, so, he might as well by good cookware!!!
Yes, this is what I figure too.

kam said:
Thanks for all the info!

I called a couple people I know who I thought might want something before the holidays and I have 2 orders now. Plus the cookware order.

I feel that since I have 3 people who I have located or have come to me with orders then I feel OK doing this as a catalog show now. I would be the host. I think this would be no different than a possible host putting out some feelers for orders and deciding to go ahead with a catalog show. I made the calls to get the extra orders, plus I have 3 weeks to get more orders.
I agree! This is a legitimate catalog show! Great job!

My objection is in making one order into a catalog show just because it's over $150 in sales. THAT is what would set up red flags at HO. What you have done is absolutely fine. I do suggest that my customers that order big do the same but if they choose not to and I don't have orders to combine with it to help them reduce shipping cost I do send it in as an individual order. That's all I was saying.

BethCooks4U said:

My objection is in making one order into a catalog show just because it's over $150 in sales. THAT is what would set up red flags at HO. What you have done is absolutely fine. I do suggest that my customers that order big do the same but if they choose not to and I don't have orders to combine with it to help them reduce shipping cost I do send it in as an individual order. That's all I was saying.

I understand what you were saying. I think that is why I was a little hesitant to start out with. I didn't want to do anything that would send any flags to HO.

BethCooks4U said:

The way I look at it - if someone places an order through my website for over $150 - there is nothing that tells them that they are eligible for host benefits - it is just counted as an individual order. I would treat it the same.
I have one "host" who orders several hundred $$ from me every year at for Christmas gifts. She collects a few outside orders from family and friends....and then adds some of her order to it to make a show....and gets free, 1/2 off, and discounted stuff as the host. One year she didn't get outside orders - but I had a few to place for people, so I just added her stuff to that show and gave her the 1/2 off and discount, and I took the free stuff!:D

Okay.... here's a question about this...

I have a lady that I am meeting with Friday night who wants to order $1300 worth of PC just for HERSELF.

Would you just do this as an individual order???

angmillar said:

I have a lady that I am meeting with Friday night who wants to order $1300 worth of PC just for HERSELF.

Lucky, Lucky you!!!! Do you have any orders you could add to it to make it a show?

angmillar said:

I would personally put it through as a show. I would probably split it into two orders, one in her name one in her husband's name or another family member's name. I think with that size of an order, it is way above our show average. The host benefits are calculated as a percentage of the "profits" from a show--it is not "costing" HO money out of pocket. Everyone benefits when you put through $1300 in sales. So, yes, I would put it through as a show, not an individual order.

dwyerkim said:
I would personally put it through as a show. I would probably split it into two orders, one in her name one in her husband's name or another family member's name. I think with that size of an order, it is way above our show average. The host benefits are calculated as a percentage of the "profits" from a show--it is not "costing" HO money out of pocket. Everyone benefits when you put through $1300 in sales. So, yes, I would put it through as a show, not an individual order.

What about shipping? What you are suggesting means that the person ordering would get $1300 worth of product for $4 shipping.......so I think that it would be costing HO money - they would be eating the shipping costs.....and eventually, that will come back to bite us all.

Related to Individual Order for Cookware Set

1. How do I place an individual order for a cookware set?

To place an individual order for a cookware set, you can either visit our website and select the cookware set you would like to purchase, or you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant directly. They will be happy to assist you with placing your order and answering any questions you may have.

2. Can I customize my individual order for a cookware set?

Yes, you can customize your individual order for a cookware set by choosing the specific pieces and colors you would like. Some cookware sets also come with the option to add on additional pieces for an additional cost.

3. What is the return policy for individual orders of cookware sets?

Our return policy for individual orders of cookware sets is the same as our overall return policy. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Please note that personalized or customized items cannot be returned unless there is a defect or error.

4. Is there a warranty for individual orders of cookware sets?

Yes, all of our cookware sets come with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if there are any defects or issues with your cookware set, you can contact our customer service team for assistance and potentially a replacement.

5. Can I earn host rewards on an individual order for a cookware set?

Yes, you can earn host rewards on an individual order for a cookware set. Our host rewards program allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your party or individual order. Contact your consultant for more information on how to earn host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • chefmelody