• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Returning Entire Set of Executive Cookware?

In summary, Phyllis from the Solution Center said that the customer can only get a 'credit' not a refund for her purchase of the SS Executive Cookware.
DebbieJ
Anyone ever have a customer want to do this?

I have a customer who hosted in the Fall of 06 and she got all the Exec. I got an email from her a month or two ago that she wants to return it all. I've been tied up with personal things and honestly I've been avoiding calling her b/c I think it's ridiculous. I love my Exec set and I can't imagine why anyone would want to send it back!

So I figured before I bite the bullet and actually call her, I'd gather info first. How does HO handle this? I'm assuming she'll have to pack it up and ship it all back at her expense. Will they do a refund for her after all this time?

Thanks!

She would have to ship it and not sure about the rest. I'd think that she'd only get a 'credit' not a refund but thats my opinion. I wonder what the reason is to wait almost 2 years to return it. Thats a bit much.

I can't imagine that they'd do a refund or even exchange. My goodness. What's her reasoning for this? The warranty is only for faulty product, not Well, I don't want this anymore, I'll see if I can get my $$ back!

Find out why she wants to return it first. It may be something you can help her out with. For me, I hated the SS Cookware... everything I cooked in there got burned and it was really difficult to clean... If I were a customer, I would be the first one in line waiting to return it. Then someone on here (dont remember who) suggested that I may be cooking too high on my stovetop. Silly me didn't think it could REALLY BE user error, but it was! Now I dont mind the SS so much now that I know I just need to cook at a lower temp then I am used to with my nonstick cookware. Once you find out the reason, then either: #1 Try to help her out or give her advice on how to avoid the problem she's having or #2 Call home office and tell them the story and see how they will handle it

Just talked to Phyllis in the Solution Center. No refund, no credit, just replacement at this point.

Good to know! I'm actually kind of glad to hear this! I can't imagine trying to return something after using it for a year and a half!

According to the Certificate of Guarantee on the receipts:

If a product arrived damaged or does not perform according to Use and Care instructions, please contact the Solution Center within 30 days from the ship date of the Show. Upon timely notification and original sales receipt, we will make prepaid arrangements for the item to be returned for replacement, refund or exchange.

If you are not completely satisfied with a nonconsumable product within one year from the date of purchase, contact our Solution Center. Upon
return of product with original sales receipt (at your expense), we will replace, refund or exchange the item for any other item available for sale at the time of the original purchase, provided it has not been discontinued. Any price difference for an exchange will be adjusted. Refunds will not exceed payment made at the time of purchase.

The Extended Manufacturer’s Guarantee and the Lifetime Guarantee are limited. They cover repair or replacement only. They cover defects in materials and workmanship. They do not cover commercial use, abuse, misuse, ordinary wear and tear, or an act of God. Incidental or consequential damages are not recoverable under these warranties. If actual product replacement cannot be made due to unavailability, Company may, in its discretion, offer comparable product replacement or credit towards future product purchases.

I can't understand why anyone would want to return it either??:confused:

I absolutely LOVE :love: our Executive Cookware!

I boiled 2 eggs in the sauce pan today and forgot about it. The water not only boiled away but the eggs and the bottom (inside) of the pan were very burnt. :eek: The shells even had burn marks on them. It smelled hot, burnt and nasty. :yuck: I allowed the pan to cool and then washed it with soap and water and a microfiber washcloth (not even our scrubee) and it looks LIKE NEW!!

What other cookware will survive that so well??

She probably got on a teflon kick....

Well, I left her a message saying I'd love to help her. Now it's on her to call me back otherwise I'm letting this one go.

janetupnorth said:
She probably got on a teflon kick....
Whatever her excuse or complaint, I would have her call HO herself so she can give her arguement. And if they won't do it, let them give her the bad news.

I wonder if she is struggling financially and thought she could get the cash...? Rough times these days...

AlowayFamily said:
I wonder if she is struggling financially and thought she could get the cash...? Rough times these days...

Valid point -that could be.

I had a thread a couple years ago now, I think, of a host that returned her 2 sets. I think it was more that she was upset with me & thought it would hurt me. (I was offering an extra booking incentive & she didn't understand it)

One thing to note here...There is no reason for you to do anything at all except to point her 1) to the back of her reciept, 2) Give the 1-888-OUR-CHEF number or the 3) [email protected] e-mail address.
You are not obligated in anyway to help her out except to give her those numbers. That is why ALL the return info is on the back of the reciept the customer gets. All you needed to do was give her the phone number or the e-mail address. She needs to take it from there.
1-888-OUR-CHEF or [email protected] that simple.

I never handle any return or adjustment for any product over 1 year old. I promised a lady I would help her and because HO did NOT give her the answer she wanted, I ended up buying $220 worth of cookware back from her. After all I did promise. I WILL NEVER AND HAVE NEVER DONE THAT SINCE! I give them the numbers and e-mail address and that is it. I do not want to be the one to tell them they can't get anything but an exchange or credit. ESPECIALLY on a big dollar item. Let HO be the bad guy. You should not have to and that's why HO made it easy for customers to contact them directly.

Last edited:
Thanks, John. I try to provide whatever customer service I can, so it feels like a "cop out" for me to pass her off to the HO for some reason. But I see your point. She has all the info on the receipt and should have been able to handle it by herself already. :)I haven't heard back from her so who knows what might happen...

Geez Deb I'm just coming up on this thread. I'm so sorry!!

I would suggest telling her that she should try to phone HO HERSELF because it is a 'special situation' or 'uncommon circumstances' to return Cookware after such a long time. She might have better luck dealing with HO than you, as a consultant, would.

If she IS NOT comfortable with that - then I think you should handle it. She sounds like the type of customer to let EVERYONE ELSE know she is unhappy with YOU AND PC! :(

Gosh, I 'm not sure how I would handle this... I do contact HO for customers if they can give me all the info I know HO needs or if they are a good customer. I have won over some very good customers by doing this...
I'm always very careful about making any promises, especially if I don't know what HO will say. I usually say something like "well, I can call for you, but HO will need to know XXX. It might take a few days to hear back from them, but I'll give you a call and let you know what they say." I also try to be very clear that HO will probably want them to send some piece (if it's broken) or all (if they're returning Cookware - BTW, who would do this especially after several YEARS!) of the product to make sure they hang onto it.
Whatever you do I would make it very clear that you are not responsible fo the returning of the product. I have only once sent something back to HO for someone who is not family or a close friend and only did so cause I was sending a broken SA piece of my own in at the same time. I will call, but my 'obligation' ends there.

It does seem strange to me that someone would want to return cookware after all this time. I wonder what her reason is? Keep us posted Debbie.

1. Can I return my entire set of Executive Cookware if I am not satisfied with it?

Yes, you can return your entire set of Executive Cookware within 45 days of purchase for a full refund. Please make sure to include all pieces of the set and the original packaging for a hassle-free return process.

2. Do I need to pay for return shipping if I want to return the entire set of Executive Cookware?

No, return shipping is free for the entire set of Executive Cookware. You can contact our customer service team to receive a prepaid return label.

3. Can I exchange my set of Executive Cookware for a different set?

Yes, you can exchange your set of Executive Cookware for a different set within 45 days of purchase. Please make sure to include all pieces of the set and the original packaging for a hassle-free exchange process.

4. What if my set of Executive Cookware arrives damaged?

If your set of Executive Cookware arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will arrange for a replacement set to be shipped to you at no additional cost.

5. Can I return my set of Executive Cookware if I received it as a gift?

Yes, you can return your set of Executive Cookware if it was a gift. However, the refund will be issued to the original form of payment used for the purchase. If you do not have the receipt, we can issue store credit for the current selling price of the set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ejleinenbach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • kam