• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Executive Cookware for a Very Upset Customer

In summary, a guest unintentionally burned a brown sugar/butter mixture in an Executive Saucepan and is now upset with the company. They have lost business due to this incident. Suggestions were given to try and remove the burnt mixture, such as using baking soda or cream of tartar and water. However, it is noted that the customer should have read the instructions and taken responsibility for their actions. Some family members are known for not following directions, causing damage to their cookware. Suggestions were also given to use fabric softener sheets to remove burnt residue from stainless steel pans.
ejleinenbach
Gold Member
A guest for one of my consultants unintentionally burned a brown sugar/butter mixture in one of her Executive Saucepans. She was told by a different consultant that the Executive cookware could be used on "high" setting. We need to find a way to get that out of the saucepan without damaging it. Any suggestions? The guest called HO, was told she had been negligent and she is now very mad with PC. She and her friends are taking monthly shopping trips to Wiliam-Sonoma and my consultant has lost 4 shows because of this mess. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

This was in reference to pans on which aerosol cooking sprays were used and had gotten sticky, but it might work here, too: Sprinkle the pan with baking soda (or I've heard washing soda works even better), add water, and heat on the stove. It may take a while, as in hours even, but it should lift off the burnt stuff.

I love how folks remember the words of a consultant or someone, sound the big bucks on a product and the do not read the company provided instructions!! It is not like they have alot of material to read. It can't be any simpler. The consultant was incorrect yes, but the customer is an adult and should be responsible enough to read. Plus who cooks butter and sugar on HIGH??Sorry. Just chaps me when people get mad at others for their own lack of responsibility.

you can also try some cream of tartar and water- bring it to a boil for a few miutes and then let sit.

I read the other day that spraying oven cleaner on a burnt pan will clean it.

I used to always use a fabric softener sheet in water...no heat. Just leave it sitting overnight and voila! It came right out. This was on stainless pots though, not sure about the Executive ones.

esavvymom said:
who cooks butter and sugar on HIGH??

My 77 year-old father, that's who. He is a MAN through and through!! His motto is "If all else fails, THEN read the directions!!"

He's not very impressed with the Executive Cookware my sister gave him a few years ago because his favorite frying pan is toast. He cooks on high (which he was told will void the warranty when he got them), uses metal utensils (even though he was given the correct utensils to use with the pans), and puts them in the dishwasher (even though he was told not to).

My sister wanted to upgrade her pots & pans a few years ago, but the PC set didn't fit in her kitchen so she gave them to Dad. Sadly, he ruined them in less than two years. I told him it's his fault because he didn't follow the directions. Not much else I can do.

lt1jane said:
My 77 year-old father, that's who. He is a MAN through and through!! His motto is "If all else fails, THEN read the directions!!"

He's not very impressed with the Executive Cookware my sister gave him a few years ago because his favorite frying pan is toast. He cooks on high (which he was told will void the warranty when he got them), uses metal utensils (even though he was given the correct utensils to use with the pans), and puts them in the dishwasher (even though he was told not to).

My sister wanted to upgrade her pots & pans a few years ago, but the PC set didn't fit in her kitchen so she gave them to Dad. Sadly, he ruined them in less than two years. I told him it's his fault because he didn't follow the directions. Not much else I can do.

Oh, hello Paw Paw - that's my grandpa for you. If it's not on high, it's not cookin'!

My dad is right there with ya'lls male family members! He makes his own homemade picante sauce in the 12 quart Executive pot and thinks it has to be on high to work!! I have told him and told him but nope, he won't listen!!

So did any of these suggestions work?

kcjodih said:
I used to always use a fabric softener sheet in water...no heat. Just leave it sitting overnight and voila! It came right out. This was on stainless pots though, not sure about the Executive ones.

I always do this - keep a stash of used bounce sheets in a cup under my kitchen sink. works great with executive pans, - perfect for the grill pan!

lt1jane said:

Sounds like he and the other males mentioned are good candidates for our Stainless Steel cookware. You can cook with it on high heat, put it in the dishwasher and use metal utensils. Just saying...

Were you able to clean the pans? What method did you finally used that worked?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I need to pass them on to my consultant so she can pass it on to the guest. Since Sunday, my son had a concussion and then an emergency appendectomy two days later and so I have been out of the loop. As soon as I hear what happens, I will let you know. Thank you again!

Chef Kearns said:
Sounds like he and the other males mentioned are good candidates for our Stainless Steel cookware. You can cook with it on high heat, put it in the dishwasher and use metal utensils. Just saying...

Great idea, but my father would complain that everything sticks now!! You can't make some people happy. It's his own fault and he must live with that.

1. How do I clean my Executive Cookware without damaging it?

To clean your Executive Cookware without causing any damage, it is important to use non-abrasive cleaners and avoid using metal utensils while cooking. You can also hand wash your cookware with warm soapy water and a soft sponge.

2. What do I do if my Executive Cookware is stained or discolored?

If your Executive Cookware is stained or discolored, you can try soaking it in a mixture of warm water and baking soda for a few hours before washing it. You can also use a specialized cookware cleaner to remove any stubborn stains.

3. Can I put my Executive Cookware in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your Executive Cookware in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the non-stick coating and the overall quality of the cookware.

4. How do I remove burnt-on food from my Executive Cookware?

To remove burnt-on food from your Executive Cookware, fill the pan with water and a few tablespoons of baking soda. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge or brush.

5. What do I do if my Executive Cookware has scratches or chips?

If your Executive Cookware has scratches or chips, it is best to replace it as it can affect the performance and safety of the cookware. It is important to handle and store your cookware carefully to avoid any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • letscook04
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • aried