• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Host Coaching Skills: Tips for Boosting Party Success

” #4 HAND-OUT: “Hosting Party”“Hi! I am calling to see if you would like to host a party for your guests. The cost would be $100 and it would include a dinner for 8 people, a cake, and a gift. Let me know if you are interested and we can organise something!”Hosting a party for your guests is a great way to get them to feel like they are a part of your show. It will also help to increase the attendance at your show. Do not hesitate to contact the host for more information.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I am trying to get better at host coaching but need some help with what I could do to help my host better. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My shows go anywhere from a $150 - $1100 show so I don't know what to do to help things get better. Thanks a bunch!

Host CoachingI have REALLY stepped-up my Host Coaching. Since I have done that, my Show Sales have been consistently around $1000.

I give out a Host Package 1 month before the Show Date. I call her once a week and just focus on attendance - invite invite invite! If the people can not come - I tell her to get them a catalogue and an OOF (I give each host about 6-8 catalogues - sometimes more if she asks). On the back of the OFF, I print off the Guest Special. I tell her 'we want 12-15 Orders PLUS we NEED your friends to book their own show - so you get that month's Host Special at 60% off'. When you tell them WHAT you EXPECT - they will do it for you! :) If she can not come up with enough people to order - I brainstorm with her, re-direct her to the '50 in 5' handout, and tell her to promote my PWS for out-of-town/province Friends and Family.

I did up my OWN binder for Host Coaching. It has all my Host Coaching notes, HER Host Package contents (for ME to refer to). I use it to talk her through everything during our first Host coaching Call. It has helped me to remember what I want/need to tell her.....

Call #1:Most Hosts are nervous about Hosting; reassure her and help her!
Keep your enthusiasm high – it will transfer to your Host
Smile while you talk on the phone

First Call: (about 1 month before the Show)
Thank her for hosting

“I want to go through the Host Package to show you how easy it is.
This will be our longest call.”

Set or confirm Show date

Create Excitement for your Host
People want to relax and have fun with friends and family, so Cooking Shows are great!

Find out why she wanted to host to help customize her Show
Fun, food, friends, free stuff, fundraising

#1 HAND-OUT: “Create your Wish List” and “Host Rewards Program”
Help her build her Wish List
Circle ALL ‘Wish List’ items to figure out what is needed for Show Sales

“What products do you most want to own?”
“What products do you want to save 50%?”
“What kitchen tools do you want to replace?”

Host Rewards: “Our Hosts NEVER Pay Full Price”
Free Products, ½ price and discounted Items
$600 = $120 ($170) in free, 2 half-price, and 25% discount
$1000 = $220 in free ($320), 4 half-price, and 30% discount
Half-price items may be anything in the catalogue, or half-price combos (pg 55)
$1000 Show = 12 buying guests

10% off all purchases for a year
Monthly Host Special
New Consultant Starter Kit Coupon ($25 of free = $170, $50 of free = $145)

#2 HANDOUT: “50+ People in 5 Minutes”
Small Shows = Host doesn’t get free product and guests feel more pressured
Due within 5 days from today
“I am going to send out your Reminder Cards, so what I need from you is your Guest List of names and phone numbers. It will give us a better attendance and more rewards for you”

Host can mail, email, or fax me
Only 1/3 will attend (40 invites = 12-15 people)

Invite everyone – people may be offended for not getting invited
Get a catalogue and an order form to:
People who can not attend
People who live out-of-town/province
Collect an order after the Show from people who were maybe’s and didn’t attend

#3 HAND-OUT: “Secrets…”
Over-invite
50+ names (with ALL information) = free gift (Mini-Serving Spatula)

Other ideas on having a strong attendance:
Ask guests to bring a friend
Outside orders really add up – does she need more catalogues?
Stress the importance of calling people to invite them personally
PWS
Outside Orders

Booking Benefits
1 booking: “Pizza Party” Gift (Pizza Cutter and “Favorites” - $25.00 value)
2 bookings: Forged Cutlery Utility Knife (a $38.50 value)
3 bookings: “Scraper Collection” (a $60.50 value)
4+ bookings: A “Surprise” Gift Basket

Discuss the details of the Show
Where you will set up
Demo will last 30-45 minutes
Payment is due at the end of the show
Payment accepted: Cash, Cheque, Visa, MC, Discover, A.E

Ask her to look the Opportunity Brochure
“I included a Business Opportunity Brochure in your Host Package. Have you ever considered doing something like this? It might be for you or someone else you know. As well, think about the Kit coupon.”

Set up a date and time to call next
“I make calls on Tuesday or Wednesday evening – which time works best for you?”

Call #2:Second Call (one week after First Call –preferably leave a message)

Answering Machine:
“Remind you to keep inviting until you see me at your door. Let me know if I need anything. Guest List is due – phone or fax (same number), mail, or email

If you talk to her:
Guest Invitations
How many invitations have been sent out?
How many phone invitations have been made?
“You have done a great job so far!”

Low Attendance? – Brainstorm with your Host
Who may have been over-looked/forgotten?
“50+ people in 5 minutes”
Ask everyone to bring a friend
Sometimes it will just happen
Focus on the importance of Reminder Calls to the ones attending
Get her to mention the Monthly Guest Special

Outside Orders
“Remember, ‘no’ to attend, doesn’t mean ‘no’ to order”
Give these people a catalogue and Outside order form
Out-of-town friends and relatives are great Outside Orders
Use the PWS for convenience
Emails: Get the Orders as she goes.
Tell her about the next months Host Specials (for her friends to book)

Host Rewards
Have you worked on your Wish List?

Tell her about the recipe
Email or mail a copy of the ‘Ingredients Shopping List’

Ask if she’s thought more about the Business Opportunity
“I offer this wonderful Opportunity to all my Hosts, because they can use the bookings from their Show to get started. From your Show’s Sales, you can use up to $50 towards your Start-Up Kit.
We are going to have a wonderful time at your Cooking Show
Let’s talk more about it at your Show
- If she answers ‘Yes’ or ‘Maybe’:

I will contact you again 1-2 days before your Show

Call #3:Third Call – 1-2 days before the Show

Express an appreciation for the Host’s efforts!

How many confirmed guests
Compliment her on the great job she is doing

Recipe Choices:

Tell her I will make the reminder phone calls

Confirm
Date
Directions to Host’s house

Discuss the Business Opportunity
Have you ever thought about doing this? Your Cooking Show will let you take a closer look at the business

Emphasize the importance of Reminder Calls
“I have learned that the people you talk to 1-2 days before your Show, are the ones who will attend. People like to have and need a reminder call.”
Offer to make the Calls for the Host
“The conversation would be longer for you because they are your friends and family.”
It is NEVER too late! – Now, the time to personally invite people

Remind her that she doesn’t pay full price on anything

Mention that payment is due at the show

Review the Recipe Ingredients and the advance preparation to do

Let her know what time you will arrive

Convey your confidence that the Show will be a success

Avoiding Cancellations:
Build a relationship with your Host to minimize cancellations

Re-booking:
If you already have orders (especially $200 worth), submit them and then the Host will receive 2 Host Specials

Secrets to a $1000 Show (included in Host Packet)Secrets to having a $1000 Show (and more free gifts!):

Over-invite!
Only 1/3 of the people you will ask, will be able to attend.
If they say ‘no’ to attend, it does not mean ‘no’ to placing an order

*You can invite friends by phone, through my website, or by using the Invitations (included in your Host Package)

The 5+15+5 Formula
5 orders before, 15 orders at the show, and 5 orders after

Collect $200 in Outside Orders
before your show and I will bring a BIG bag of Pampered Chef products!

Use my Personal Website for E-vites AND for people to place their order

Booking Benefits:
Have a friend book a Show (and hold it within 6 months) and receive that month’s Host Special at 60% off PLUS 10% off your order (for one year)

Do ‘Reminder’ phone calls 1-2 days before your Show

Last edited:
sorry so longSorry....Could have just posted an attachment, but half the time they don't work for everyone. So here it is - copy and paste what you want! :)

thanks Jenna....this is a great help to all of us.

Thanks so much Jenna! I really appreciate your tips. I really want to improve my host coaching so my sales will go up and also get more bookings. Thanks!

Thanks Jenna. I really appreciate this information.

I just got a great host coaching CD from the supply order. Great things to listen to in the car!

Jenna -- what do you put in your "big bag" of PC products (for $200 in outside orders)??

What cd did you get from the supply order?

Anyone have:

~tips on how to effectively coach a host that is hard to contact over the phone?

~tips on how to effectively build excitement for the show with the host if you wait until after you have the guest list to send them the host packet. (This year I am holding the host packet until I get the guest list, to cut down postage and catalog costs due to cancellations).

Last edited:
host coachingIn my 'big bag' I will put a SS, Bamboo Spoons, Quikut Knives, Twix-its, etc. Little things (inexpensive to me) but they are things that everyone LOVES! :)

As for Host Coaching someone who is hard to get ahold of - I just tell her a few of the most important things upfront. Over-invite, OUTSIDE ORDERS ARE GOING TO MAKE YOUR SHOW A SUCCESS (not necessarily JUST the number of people attending your Show), WE want 12-15 orders PLUS bookings (so she can get that month's Special at 60% off).

Tip: Get directions to her house on the first call so you aren't stressin' about getting ahold of your Host.

I haven't had much trouble making contact with my Hosts - so I usually don't pick out a recipe until 1 week before the Show Date (when we have a good idea on what the final number of guests attending will be).

I just keep HC simple

I'm not sure which one wadesgirl was talking about but I just got "High Impact Host Coaching" and it is great! Definitely my favorite CD right now. I am on the third round of listening to it. The only problem with listening in the car is that you can't take notes!:D

1. How can I improve my host coaching skills as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are several ways to improve your host coaching skills. First, make sure to establish a good rapport with your host and communicate clearly and effectively. Additionally, provide them with all the necessary tools and resources to have a successful party, such as product catalogs and party planning guides. Follow up with your host regularly and offer support and guidance throughout the party planning process.

2. What are some tips for boosting party success as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To boost party success as a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to engage with your guests and make them feel welcome and valued. Encourage them to interact with the products and participate in demonstrations. Offer special promotions or discounts to incentivize purchases. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests after the party to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information.

3. How can I effectively communicate with my party host as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Communication is key when it comes to host coaching as a Pampered Chef consultant. Make sure to establish a clear and open line of communication with your host from the start. Use various methods of communication, such as phone calls, emails, and social media, to stay in touch and provide updates. Be prompt and responsive to any questions or concerns your host may have.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when host coaching for Pampered Chef parties?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to avoid some common mistakes when host coaching. These include not following up with your host regularly, not providing enough support and guidance, and not engaging with guests during the party. It is also important to not oversell or pressure guests into making purchases and to be respectful of their time and budget.

5. How can I make my Pampered Chef parties more successful through host coaching?

There are several ways to make your Pampered Chef parties more successful through host coaching. First, establish a good relationship with your host and communicate effectively. Offer special promotions and incentives to encourage purchases. Engage with guests during the party and make them feel valued. Follow up with guests after the party to thank them and offer additional support. Continuously seek feedback and make improvements for future parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies