• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm so Nervous! My Host Is a Chef!!

In summary, the conversation was about someone's upcoming show where the host is a culinary student. The person was nervous about the show since the host invited everyone from work, many of whom were professionals in the food industry. Advice was given to showcase higher end products and involve the guests in testing and touching the products. The person was also encouraged to ask for comments and use humor to make the audience feel at ease. After the show, the person received positive feedback and even gained bookings and recruit leads. Overall, the conversation ended on a positive note with the person feeling more confident and grateful for the advice given.
DZmom
My host tonight is a culinary student. I've had her at my very first show and she was super nice, but I'm still so nervous. Especially since she's invited EVERYONE from work. She works for a catering company.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry it will be fine! I had the same thing with my Host, her son was going to school to become a chef. He was helping me out with the tools.
Colleen:)

Have fun and remember good food safety. I'd showcase higher end items as they are used to using quality and will appreciate our warranties.

I have several customers who are professional chefs or cooks. Many of them are professional caterers. Since they LOVE the products, what better advertising can I have? Professionals have access to all kinds of tools that we mere peons can't touch. They know almost instinctually what makes a great kitchen tool. When they decide that the best thing they can buy is a Pampered Chef tool, it speaks to the amazing quality and value of TPC.

Don't be worried. These may very well turn out to be your best customers!

Relax!!Don't worry, have a great time and everyone will have fun!! Like someone else said on this same post, show the higher priced items.
Caterers, chefs and other people in the food industry understand the need for higher priced, good quality kitchen products.
Cookware, knives, stoneware, stainless steel bowls, ultimate mandolin, etc

Be sure to have them come up and test and touch the products themselves. I have been trying to get more of my audience involved and it has really made a big difference in my sales and shows!!

Have fun!!! :D :D :D :D

Debbie

I would invite comments... they will be priceless for your future shows.

I would say, "I have to ask... What do YOU think of this knife (santuko)?"

I second getting them involved.

I would put on the dumbest face I could muster, and then say, "I feel like a general practitioner in a room full of brain surgeons! I suspect you're going to have a good time tonight, laughing at the amatuer - so, take it easy on me, don't laugh too hard, and tell me when I do something really dumb!"

Or something equally silly. Like, "I feel like a go-cart rider in a room full of NASCAR drivers," or "I feel like a jar of instant coffee in a Starbucks."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"I feel like a jar of instant coffee in a Starbucks."

OMG! That would be my line!

You're welcome to steal it. It just popped into my head as I looked wistfully at my empty TPC travel mug - the nice cream colored one from conference!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're welcome to steal it. It just popped into my head as I looked wistfully at my empty TPC travel mug - the nice cream colored one from conference!

I love my mug from conference. Have you noticed how much better it keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot? Must be the stainless lining. I love it!

My host who was a culinary student last year became a recruit lead!

I would let them do the demo for me. Take advantage of their expertise and have them do all the work!

pamperedlinda said:
I love my mug from conference. Have you noticed how much better it keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot? Must be the stainless lining. I love it!

It is the best thermal mug I've ever owned. I love it, too.

My show went great! They all loved it! There were 7 people in attendance and I got 2 bookings and 2 recruit leads! PLUS, one of the people told the host that it was the best party she'd EVER been to. That she LOVED the way I did things and that I seemed VERY down to earth and that they loved talking with me afterwards! Another guest said that I didn't seem like a sales person that I really fit in with the crowd and no one felt pressured.

Even though sales are kinda low(254.5 + 5 or 6 more coming), I'm tickled pink with the results. After a 3 month drought, I am still feeling VERY rusty and the compliments I received tonight REALLY boosted my confidence!

Thanks for all the advice! I did have the host offer TONS of tips. PLUS, she showed off her stoneware and the large round stone was SOLID BLACK on the top and bottom. Everyone was in awe!

And you were so worried...

:D :D :D

Kitchen Guy, I loved your tips about being the amatuer in the room. I did mention something along those lines, but I didn't make it funny like yours. I'll have to remember to do that! I LOVED those lines.

pamperedlinda said:
Not to mention, when you leave it in the car with a half an inch of coffee (I'm a cheesehead, so it has real half and half, thanks) in the bottom, it cleans right up.

And Dizzy, I'm glad you liked the metaphors. I kinda like the Starbucks one enough that I may actually use it!

That is great that your show went so well. Bookings and recruiting leads are great. I'll be some of those are because they want stuff they can't afford and so they'll make sure their shows do well.

Glad things went so well. The positive comments are definitely a boost. I've been known to take my favorites and stick them on my bulletin board. It's a reminder to me that I do a good job. It's a reminder to my family that I'm amazing outside of the house, too.:D

1. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party if I am not a trained chef?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties are for anyone who loves to cook or wants to learn more about cooking. Our products are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for everyone, regardless of their level of experience in the kitchen.

2. Will the host be doing cooking demonstrations at the party?

It is up to the host to decide if they want to include cooking demonstrations at their party. Our consultants are trained to offer tips and advice on using our products, but the focus of the party is on having fun and learning about our products, not on the host's cooking abilities.

3. What if I am nervous about hosting a party with a professional chef?

Don't worry! Our consultants are friendly and approachable, and they are there to support and guide you through the party. Plus, our products are designed for home cooks, not professional chefs, so there is no need to feel intimidated.

4. Will there be pressure to buy expensive kitchen equipment at the party?

No, there is never any pressure to buy at our parties. Our consultants are there to demonstrate our products and answer any questions you may have. Whether or not you make a purchase is completely up to you.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if I am not a chef?

Yes, anyone can earn host rewards by hosting a Pampered Chef party. Our host rewards program is designed to thank and reward our hosts for sharing our products with their friends and family, not based on their cooking abilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beckypchef
Replies
Views
DebDoo