• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make my show successful with a former consultant as the host?

In summary, someone is doing a show for a former consultant and they are nervous about doing it. They are asking for feedback on how to do the show.
DebDoo
I have never posted anything on here before but I get a lot of good information from here. Yes, I'm a lerker!

I have been a consultant for 2 years & I love it! I have a show on Saturday & the host is a former consultant. She quit in '02. She was a director. I'm a little nervous about doing this show. :confused: I know that a lot has changed since '02 but it still makes me nervous! Any tips or advice on doing this show? Has anyone done this before? I did ask her if she has ever thought about getting back into this but she is an older lady & she has arthritis in her hands & she said that she couldn't handle it anymore.

Thanks for all your input. Deb

I have the same thing this week. She quit in 04. Told me to bring nothing because she has it all. HUH??? Trifle bowl? Knives? Oh yeah, bring those.

Needless to say, my host coaching has gone out the window. SHe has maybe 7 people coming. I am a nervous wreck!!

Some help, huh?
My guess for both of us is, to just take it in stride, do not offend, look to them to talk up the stoneware and the other old stand-bys. Talk up the newer products.
Are you doing interactive? You know that will be new.

Ok, I am breathing easier now.

I too am doing a party this Sunday for a former consultant. This is my second time with her. She is the sister of a friend of mine. Her first party went well. Her guests all knew about the products and were there basically for the new stuff. I am sure they will be again this time. I am guessing that she will have a party each time a new catty comes out.

I was really nervous the first time; especially when she was party #5 for me. But she really helped me out. I asked her alot of questions about Pampered Chef and it seemed like she really wanted to help me. At the end of the party she gave me all of the extra items she didn't need anymore. Some of it was outdated, but I was able to use most of it.

Sorry I don't really have any advice for you. I just look at it like a regular host; try not to think too much about her being a past consultant. I do have to agree that they can definitely help 'talk up' some of the products.

You might find yourself pleasantly surprised! I had a show for a former consultant, and it was very laid back and positive. She had a few tips and hints I had never thought of, and I was able to honestly relax and enjoy the entire show. Give her the same attention you'd give any other host and then take cues from her...she might impress you! :)

There is a LOT that's new in the catalog since 2002. That was the year that SA was introduced, so depending on when she left, she might not even have any of that! Treat her the same as any host, and use the "I need to practice my coaching" line if you need to.

I've done shows with former consultants as hosts and as guests. Just like the rest of us, former consultants are all different. Just do what you normally do. I like to remind former consultants that I do things differently than "normal" people. ;)

I too have done a show for a former consultant - Not always the best hosts but some can be! Since they have been where you are and also are familiar with the program (although it probably has changed since they left) - I did use her to sell the items she was passionate about (stoneware etc) - But then I do that at all my shows, if someone has the item and loves it - let them share!!!

Don't be nervous - heck - tell them why they need to join again and recruit them!

chefann said:
There is a LOT that's new in the catalog since 2002. That was the year that SA was introduced, so depending on when she left, she might not even have any of that!

Treat her the same as any host, and use the "I need to practice my coaching" line if you need to.

We have literally HUNDREDS of new and restyled products since she was a consultant!
The SA and Entertaining lines, new stoneware (DCB!!!), new Knives, new Cookware (both current sets have been introduced since 2002!), Silicone Bakeware, and most of the rest of the bakeware line...and on and on!

I'm sure if she was director, than she has a love for PC, and will be excited to see all of the new products! If she has arthritis, show her the Jar Opener (new since 2002) and the lighter weight metal baking sheets...along with the SS bowl set.

And for the lady who says not to bring anything, because she has everything - let her know that there are over 200 new and restyled products since 2004, and besides, if she gets all her product out and has it interspersed with yours, it gets confusing, and you leave things that are yours, and pack and take things that belong to her! (it's happened to me more than once....just happened Saturday in fact!)

I've done lots of shows with former consultants. I ask them how they did and when they stopped selling. That gives a good idea of what you need to do/say. I always tell them "I'm sure you know all this already but here are the tips I give all my hosts." I follow up with them the same as every host as though they never sold. I never assume they know what to do and if they say they do I ask for forgiveness saying that I just want to make sure they have a great show.

There is a reason they are no longer consultants. It might be life circumstances but more likely it's because they didn't succeed. And if it's been several years things have changed. For instance host rewards used to be based on points not dollar value.

I did one this past weekend... I should have treated her like a "normal host" and I didn't. She didn't want me to mail out invites so I gave her printed invites and a host packet. Called her a few days before the show and she was excited with 6-10 people coming. Ahhhh 1 showed the person she had booked from. I left with no sales... a huge first for me! She is working on outside orders.... I feel like she wasted my time and $. But in a since its my fault for not host coaching. :(
Lesson learned

I just did a show last week with 3 past consultants!!!!!!!! The host was one and two others. That threw me for a loop to say the least. I have people put their name and what they would do with an extra $500 a month on their name tags and then we intro ourselves. It was a bit odd to say the least. I just said its not for everyone but I invite Everyone to try it for 30 days and go from there! Each quit for different reasons. I even tried to approach one of them the next day as she wants to host a show but she said "No its not a good time with home schooling the kids and all and just so you know it might be okay in a few years but I just don't want to play the cat and mouse game." Uh I was dumbfounded she said cat and mouse game that I just said No I don't either and I was being honest and serious and understood and respected her decision and we'll have a great time at her show.

So its odd sometimes, just host coach just like anyone else and you should be fine.

Wow! I didn't think there were that many former consultants who would host shows!
Thank you all for your help! I never thought about having her help talk about products she loves. I'm going to ask her to help with that.
She also said that she has everything & that I could just bring myself if I wanted to. I told her that there were a lot of new products since she quit & I bet she didn't have EVERYTHING! I also told her that I would hate to think about all those dishes she would have to do after the show & that I would just bring my own supplies & if I needed anything or forgot something I could borrow it.

I have tried to treat her like a "normal host" but everytime we talk we end up discussing the business. That is a little frustrating but at the same time helpful to me and my business. She told me the other day that she has 20 people coming! YEAH! I am going to do the interactive show, which is something new to her. I'm a little worried about the large group. The most I have had for an interactive show is around 10. She doesn't have an island in her kitchen she has her table & a bar. I think I'll be using both.

Thanks again! Keep the ideas coming!

What is a "Show for Former Consultant"?

A "Show for Former Consultant" is a special event where a former Pampered Chef consultant hosts a party to reconnect with their previous customers and showcase new products. It's a great way for the consultant to stay connected with their former customers and for the customers to see the latest and greatest Pampered Chef products.

Who can attend a "Show for Former Consultant"?

Anyone can attend a "Show for Former Consultant"! It's open to all of the former consultant's previous customers, as well as their friends, family, and anyone else who is interested in Pampered Chef products. It's a great opportunity to introduce new people to the company and products.

Can I place an order at a "Show for Former Consultant"?

Absolutely! The former consultant will have order forms available at the show, or you can also place an order online through their personal Pampered Chef website. It's a great way to get your hands on the latest products and support your former consultant.

Will there be any discounts or specials at a "Show for Former Consultant"?

Yes, there may be special deals or discounts available at the show. Your former consultant will be able to provide more information about any promotions they are offering. Additionally, all orders placed at the show will be eligible for host rewards, so it's a great opportunity to save on your Pampered Chef purchases.

Can I host a "Show for Former Consultant"?

Absolutely! If you are a former Pampered Chef consultant, you can host a "Show for Former Consultant" to reconnect with your previous customers. It's a great way to generate sales and potentially rekindle your passion for the business. Contact your former consultant or Pampered Chef representative for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kmiller
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kmiller
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies