• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make my first show a success?

I try to make it so that everyone gets a demo. I then take the person's tool and do a demonstration of how to use it. It's a lot of work but I think it's worth it.
pamperedmomofthree
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up to be a consultant and my first show is on Sunday. My mom graciously decided to host one for me. She wants to do a theme show and I'm getting nervous. (she didn't really like the way my show was done) As I've been searching around on this website I have seen so many great ideas. She will have men and women and I want it to be fun for everyone and get the pressure off me. I was thinking the Amazing Race show. (I'm opened to other suggestions for a newbie)

Does anyone have any suggesstions on the recipies and outline for a new consultant with somewhat limited items. (my kit and a few extras I have in my kitchen)

Thanks so much in advance for all your help

First, welcome!
Second, DO NOT do an Amazing Race as your first show experience! I love this show, but as your first experience, I would not do it...it does not offer you the times in your show where you need to talk about bookings and recruiting as it is quite chaotic. Your Mom will love your show since you are doing it!
Third, my advice for the men and women thing is to make the show interactive~get the tools in their hands-especially the men! They know the value of a good tool! Have them STAND around a table or island and ask them to "grate this cheese for me" or "could you chop these nuts?"
Fourth, and most important, HAVE FUN!

Thank you for the heads up!

Totally agree with Meg!

If you really need a theme, then pick one of the recipes you have the tools for, and create a theme around that.

For instance - you have all of the tools needed for the Aloha Pizza, so make it a Luau theme - have your mom buy luau themed plates and cups, play some Island Music...and voila! you have a Luau Theme Show!

Or do the Jerk Chicken Nachos, and make it a Carribean Theme. Make them with Chipotle Rub or Southwestern Seasoning instead of Jerk Rub, and you have a Mexican Theme!

If she is wanting a Chocolate Dessert, then just make it a Chocolate Bliss Show - nothing needed for that theme except chocolate! Have some kisses or other chocolate candy sitting around (Use your small bowl caddy that came in your kit!), and do a great Chocolate Dessert - the brownie truffle bites or the Brownies w/ Rolos both use only products in your starter kit....

If you make it too big of a production, you won't have fun - and the most important thing is to have fun and be comfortable!

I am not a fan of the Amazing Race - so I don't know what all is involved with the Show. I agree with the others - KEEP YOUR FIRST FEW SHOWS SIMPLE. Theme Shows can be simple - so if there is something quick and easy that you can do in relation to the Amazing Race (recipes, invitations, decorations, playing a past show on low volume during your Show, or playing one Amazing Race trivia game), then I think you could pull it off.

Congrats on starting up and good luck for your first show! :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Hey and congrats on your first show. I am a simi seasoned consultant and I still get nervous doing shows:). I have found that the interactive shows really help me to not be as nervous. I've kinda taken a different approach to them. It takes a little more preparation before the show but I like to feel like I've got everything in order before we start. Basically, once the host decides the recipe she wants to do (i only do 1 recipe. if it's a large crowd, I'll bring a dessert already made if it's someone I know or want to impress) I sit down and make a outline of the recipe and every single tool I will use. (I try to use a lot of tools). I type it up so it looks all nice and neat, using a highlighter to highlight the tool I will want to demo. Then, I cut out a picture of the tools I will be demoing and glue the picture to a piece of colored cardstock. Then I write the name of the tool on the back. I put these cutouts in my stainless mixing bowl. At the begining of the party, I casually pass the bowl around and tell everyone to pick one tool that they would like to know more about. ( I don't give them an option, everyone participates at my shows :O) lol. ) Of course, if someone really doesn't want to, I won't make them. When I get to their tool of choice in my recipe, I ask them to come up and help me out. Anyways, I know is seems like a lot of work, but once you do it for one show, I just reuse my outline and cutouts. Oh, I almost forgot. An extra perk for them helping, I do a drawing of a cut out at the end of the demo and who ever's tool I draw, they get a prize.

ChefBeckyD said:
Totally agree with Meg!

If you really need a theme, then pick one of the recipes you have the tools for, and create a theme around that.

For instance - you have all of the tools needed for the Aloha Pizza, so make it a Luau theme - have your mom buy luau themed plates and cups, play some Island Music...and voila! you have a Luau Theme Show!

Or do the Jerk Chicken Nachos, and make it a Carribean Theme. Make them with Chipotle Rub or Southwestern Seasoning instead of Jerk Rub, and you have a Mexican Theme!

If she is wanting a Chocolate Dessert, then just make it a Chocolate Bliss Show - nothing needed for that theme except chocolate! Have some kisses or other chocolate candy sitting around (Use your small bowl caddy that came in your kit!), and do a great Chocolate Dessert - the brownie truffle bites or the Brownies w/ Rolos both use only products in your starter kit....

If you make it too big of a production, you won't have fun - and the most important thing is to have fun and be comfortable!

I agree, I am on my 13th show and the jerk chicken nachos are easy ( for a mexican theme) as are the warm nutty caramel brownies ( for a choc theme) as a new consultant) The 3 cheese garden pizza is easy too :) Keep it simple, simple simple.... :) :)
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

I have to agree with everyone so far. You can make ANY recipe into a theme!
There are all kids of salad recipes that would be great to use for an outside party. I don't know, focusing on salads just seems natural this time of year. You could try the Deluxe Cheeseburger salad It is GREAT. If the recipe calls for a tool that you don't have do that part ahead of time and the guests will never know that you cheated!! Just let them know that you were trying to save some steps so that you could get to the finished product!
Of course, as I said, I think all of the theme ideas thus far have been great!!
The thing that I would stress is prep work!! It will definantly help you to be relaxed. If you do enough prep work and then get the guests to join in... the party almost takes care of itself. This will be great for you, great for the guest and it will do wonders for booking and recruiting if you make this a rule. Noone wants to have a party for or sell under someone who is killing themselves to do a party!!
Have FUN!!

When I had men and women at my shows I did a contest- like battle of the sexes. We made two of the 3 cheese garden pizza's, and put the guys against the gals, and whoever had their pizza in the oven first won, and the losers had to make the drink and serve the winners! :) Lots of fun!

A pajama party is probably too risque' with both sexes, but you can also do 'themes' that don't tie in directly to the food. We did a contest for the best slippers because my host wanted her friends to know it was a casual party and they didn't need to dress up. I've also heard of consultants who had an 'ugly scraper' contest. The winner won a new scraper (put on the host's order form for the discount) and everyone had fun.

Thank you all so very much for your wonderful suggestions and encouragement. I like the two pizza idea for a race that kitchen diva suggested.

I also liked the very prepared tabna80. I think I will try that.

Thank you everyone, I really love this site!!!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is a great way to earn free and discounted products, get exclusive deals and discounts, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

What is the average length of a Pampered Chef show?

The average length of a Pampered Chef show is about 2 hours. However, it can vary depending on the number of guests and the products being demonstrated.

What kind of products will be featured at my show?

At your show, you can expect to see a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and cookware from Pampered Chef. This can include items such as knives, cookware, bakeware, and kitchen gadgets.

Do I need to provide anything for the show?

No, you do not need to provide anything for the show. The Pampered Chef consultant will bring all of the necessary products and materials for the demonstration.

What happens after the show is over?

After the show is over, your Pampered Chef consultant will help you and your guests place orders for any products they are interested in purchasing. You will also receive host rewards based on the sales from your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kandio
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lorna May
  • Sarah Mitson
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies