• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are My Parents Going to Be Okay?

In summary, My parents were in a terrible accident last night. While I was at my big (35-40 confirmed) party last night, I received a phone call from my DH (he NEVER calls me when I'm at a party), my brother called and said Mom and Dad were in a BAD accident. They airlifted my Mom to the local trama hospital. My Dad was taken via ambulance to the same hospital. I dropped everything...and left ~ I'll have to go back to the hostess' house later and get all my stuff. Driving home was the worst ~ Not knowing what happened, being air-lifted~is she alive? Well,
AWESOME NEWS GINNY! I told Anthony about your mom and what happend and he just couldn't believe it. She's still in our prayers.

Prayers for you all the way from Va, Its good news that she is out of ICU.

Kitchen2u said:
Your prayers are working!!! :thumbup: I just got home from the hospital. Mom was moved OUT OF ICU before I came home! Yahoo!!! :sing::sing: This is a BIG giant step! Dr said she may come home as soon as this weekend/early next week! So the number 13 (# of days in ICU) isn't an unlucky number for my family!!!:D:D:D

That's great news!! I'll continue keeping your mom in my prayers. Sounds like she's making some good progress!:)

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for your wonderful news, Ginny! WAY to GO Ginny's Mom!!!

I am so happy for you and your mom. You all are in my prayers.

Amazing news Ginny!

So happy to hear this Ginny!

WAHOO! I hope she continues to heal quickly and with as little pain as possible.

janetupnorth said:
WAHOO! I hope she continues to heal quickly and with as little pain as possible.

yeahthat.gif

Thank you Lord, for more answered prayer!

YIPPEE! That is such GREAT news Ginny!!! Your family must be all pretty excited!

That is wonderful!

UPDATE: Mom is healing great! :D We are down from 23 broken bones down to 19 as of today's xrays. Her meds have been adjusted so we aren't having the low white blood cell count problem and her blood pressure is almost back to normal. Her pain has subsided some, even after lowering the pain meds. Mom requested to lower the pain meds down to nearly nothing before she gets released because she knows the meds you go home with aren't as strong as the ones in the hospital. She told me today, she's ready to go home. Dr's talking about possibly Mon/Tues discharge now. What they are concerned about right now is pneumonia. She has some fluids in her lungs. She's not able to use her breathing little thing very well because of the broken ribs. If it weren't for the fluids/broken ribs, she woul have probably gone home today the Dr said. So just precautionary measures, she's hoping the fluid in her lungs go away in the next few days. She is happy to hear we are hiring an in-hme care nurse ~ makes Dr feel better about the pneumonia thing.

ME: I'm going to conference! :love: The decision was made today. I was going to be the primary care taker when she got out of the hospital, but my sisters an brother said it wasn't fair to me since I've been there (at the hospital) the most...I've got the GREATEST family! Dad and Mom are having no such talk about me staying behind vs conference. So we've decided today, we would hire a in-home care nurse for the 10 days I'd be gone (conference July 12-16, then on to church camping July 17-20, then a youth group conference July 21-22). So I'm setting up interviews, etc and start the process on Monday...get this: the intervews are going to be AT the hospital! Mom/Dad/me and input from the floor nurses!!! They volunteered! So sometime between now an then...I got interviews, my tax appt, pack for conference/camping (let alone find my camping gear! LOL), last minute things for the youth conference ~ so if you see me at conference (or the Meet 'n' Greet), disregard the dark circles under my eyes :yuck:

I can't THANK all of YOU enough for all the prayers, kind thoughts and wishes...I LOVE this place!

Fabulous news Ginny! You have a great family.

so sorry i missed this thoughts and prayers are with you-

-Tell mom you got to feel it to heal it-

if you need anything I am a nurse--

Gin, this is great! I can't wait to see you!

Awesome news GInny!! I'm so happy for you and your momma! I'm delighted!!

Have fun at wave 2!!

Just make sure your mom takes enough pain meds so that she can breathe regardless of the broken ribs. They're right to be concerned about pneumonia. I've seen patients get it because of the rib pain.

Best wishes.

PS: day job = hospital pharmacist

Thanks! You're right...she need to feel the pain to heal, yet, needs the meds so she can breathe...ughhhhh

Ginny, that is such wonderful news. Your Mom is one strong lady!

Wonderful news, Ginny. I'll pray for continued healing.

Thank you for the updates Ginny. Am thrilled to hear how amazing your mom's recovery is going. Blessings to all.

Amazing news Ginny!
I am so happy for your family!

Thank you Lord, for your continued healing of Ginny's Mom...and for all of the positive support that Ginny is getting from her family (both "real" ones around her, and her cyber family here praying for her!) so she will be able to attend conference and her other commitments this month. I pray that you touch her lungs so that no pneumonia develops, that the broken bones heal quickly and completely, and that you help her to deal with the pain that she is induring. You are an awesome God and You have helped Ginny's family thus far...we know that you will continue to be there for them, and we thank you for that! Amen

That is great news Ginny about your mom and with you hiring a nurse you should be able to enjoy yourself while you are away. Also it's what's best for your mom, you have a great family and it's nice you all are there for your mom. The love she is receiving is the main thing that is healing her. Enjoy yourself on your trips.

That's great!
Hope to see you in Chicago!

Yay, Ginny! So you are in wave 2 huh? I haven't looked on the wave 2 threads, but can you make it to our meet-n-greet? I'd love to meet you!:thumbup::balloon::);)
And I am so happy for your Mom! God is sooooo good! ALL THE TIME!

MissChef said:
Yay, Ginny! So you are in wave 2 huh? I haven't looked on the wave 2 threads, but can you make it to our meet-n-greet? I'd love to meet you!:thumbup::balloon::);)
And I am so happy for your Mom! God is sooooo good! ALL THE TIME!

I'm planning on being at the Meet n Greet!

We are HOME ! ! ! YAHOO ! ! ! They released Mom late this afternoon and we got her all settled about an hour ago. My sister who has tomorrow off is staying the night tonight. Interviews for the nurse will be tomorrow at HOME, who would of thought...! The fluid in her lungs was MUCH better today...I don't know how that happens so quickly?!?!? Not me to question, but Mom's wishes were answered! There's still fluid, but not enough to keep her there and the Dr isn't too worried now.

Here's the BEST part...the Dr lives around the corner from my Mom and Dad's house! Literally 10 houses! She gave my Dad her pager, cell and home # ~ WOW! You'd fall in love with my parents if you met them. I'm sure the wood carving he made for the Dr and nurses helped too. (he-he!)

My family is TRULY blessed ~ we had MANY people (like you guys here) praying and sending their well wishes for a speedy recovery. I would have NEVER dreamed that Mom would have been released so soon after the accident with the extent of injuries she has. I'm a BELIEVER (Kacey!!!) ~ miracles HAPPEN! Thanks to people like YOU who have helped my family through this ordeal. I'm externally grateful! Thank YOU!

Now, we've got some healing to do ~

Last edited:
Mom just about gave me a heart attack...she just called ~ it's 10:34 PM here! She NEVER calls past 9 PM...just to say goodnight! Ahhhhhh....she called to thank me for everything I've done for her, Dad, my sisters and brother. She said "thank goodnes for Pampered Chef! PC allowed you to be with us when we needed you!"

Isn't she the best? Gosh, I love my family!

Oh Ginny! How truely wonderful! Your family does sound amazing and I just know they are! How awesome! I will continue to praise God for her full healing and recovery!:angel:

Kitchen2u said:
Mom just about gave me a heart attack...she just called ~ it's 10:34 PM here! She NEVER calls past 9 PM...just to say goodnight! Ahhhhhh....she called to thank me for everything I've done for her, Dad, my sisters and brother. She said "thank goodnes for Pampered Chef! PC allowed you to be with us when we needed you!"

Isn't she the best? Gosh, I love my family!

Ginny, in March and April, when my Dad ws soooo sick, it was such a blessing to be able to scale back my business and be with my family when they needed me. We are so blessed to be business owners with Pampered Chef!

I am so happy to hear Mom is home~I will keep praying for her healing!

That's great! And great that the doc is so close! And, yes, it's wonderful the job we have allows us to put our families first...not too many jobs allow that.

So I thought we had to have interviews for the in-home care nurse we're going to hire...

When I approach my sisters and brother ~ I told them I was going to be gone from July 12 - 22. I was going to cancel all my plans, but they (including Mom/Dad) said no! So I thold them I would only go if we hired a in-home care nurse...otherwise I would be a wreck while I was gone. So I suggested if we all split the cost..."NO Gin, you've done ENOUGH! The 3 of us will split the cost then when you come back...we'll go back to what we've been doing ~ or we should YOU'D been doing. We are going to let you pitch in for this cost!"

So I set up interviews for yesterday/today ~ We are so blessed!!! Three nurse from our church has volunteered to take shifts for my parents! (So my sister frantically cancelled all intereviws yesterday.) They would nothing other...at no cost! My parents hae gone to this church since the who knows when...way before I was born (and I'll be 50 this year!). They know and are comfortable with these 3 ladies...they love them! So that's makes it even better!

So as you can see...I'm HOME today! Wahoo! They started alread so I can get ready for everything I need to do before I leave!

The good news keeps coming:)

karma is a great thing, isn't it?! I truly believe what you give is what you get back!

What blessings! Sounds like your church is being The Body in the way it should. She'll continue in my prayers.

I am happy to hear things are looking up :)

Kitchen2u said:
So I thought we had to have interviews for the in-home care nurse we're going to hire...

When I approach my sisters and brother ~ I told them I was going to be gone from July 12 - 22. I was going to cancel all my plans, but they (including Mom/Dad) said no! So I thold them I would only go if we hired a in-home care nurse...otherwise I would be a wreck while I was gone. So I suggested if we all split the cost..."NO Gin, you've done ENOUGH! The 3 of us will split the cost then when you come back...we'll go back to what we've been doing ~ or we should YOU'D been doing. We are going to let you pitch in for this cost!"

So I set up interviews for yesterday/today ~ We are so blessed!!! Three nurse from our church has volunteered to take shifts for my parents! (So my sister frantically cancelled all intereviws yesterday.) They would nothing other...at no cost! My parents hae gone to this church since the who knows when...way before I was born (and I'll be 50 this year!). They know and are comfortable with these 3 ladies...they love them! So that's makes it even better!

So as you can see...I'm HOME today! Wahoo! They started alread so I can get ready for everything I need to do before I leave!
How wonderful!!! What a great thing to happen to your family (not the accident but the loving support that has been thrust upon your family).

By the way if you are 50, your mom would be at least 70 (just guessing). She seems to be doing very well and in great spirits. I do know as you age, it's harder for your body to heal and such but your mom does seem like a very courageous person!

Praise the Lord!! He has definitely been with your family during this rough time. More prayers for more speedy recovery.

This is fantastic news!

wadesgirl said:
How wonderful!!! What a great thing to happen to your family (not the accident but the loving support that has been thrust upon your family).

By the way if you are 50, your mom would be at least 70 (just guessing). She seems to be doing very well and in great spirits. I do know as you age, it's harder for your body to heal and such but your mom does seem like a very courageous person!

Mom's 76 (I'm the third child of four) and Dad's 82

So glad to hear the GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring a picture of your mom to the meet n Greet. I would love to put a face with this event....

Kitchen2u said:
Mom's 76 (I'm the third child of four) and Dad's 82

Amazing! Especially for your dad to come out with out any injuries and your mom to recover so fast. I do wish her a great recovery and for you to have a fun July!

Flamingo said:
Please bring a picture of your mom to the meet n Greet. I would love to put a face with this event....
I will! I think it would be good for ME to have a picture of her with me too! Thanks for the suggestion ~

MORE GREAT NEWS!!!

My Uncle called while I was at my Mom/Dad's today. I was glad I was there...got to ask questions my parent probably wouldn't have.

My Aunt is responding to the new treatment ! ! ! Wahoo ! ! ! They admitted her to a psych ward 2 weeks because she became so combative (hitting, kicking, biting, yelling, etc. She's been in restraints since. ~ if you KNEW my Aunt...this is not like her at all!). The Drs thought she just went off the deep end. Her state of mind was so combative, the psych Drs couldn't even work with her. Finally, my cousin's daughter (medical intern at UCLA) got her in for an evaluation. After many tests, etc., they came to the conclusion she was having some allergic reaction to the meds they were giving her. My Uncle was pleased to tell us she's back to "normal" ~ the kind, gentle and caring person she always has been. The tumor has shrunk a little too, so that's encouraging too.

I'm so glad I was there when he called. Now I can REALLY enjoy Chicago! Leaving Sat...can't WAIT now!

I'm just glad it's "raining GOOD news" now!

So glad that the clouds are clearing and the sun is shining down on you and your family. You will all continue to be in my prayers!

dianevill said:
So glad that the clouds are clearing and the sun is shining down on you and your family. You will all continue to be in my prayers!

Yes...we could use this break...and hopefully it just stays away!

Glad to hear the great news! Praise the Lord!

Ginny just wanted to see how your mom is doing?

Loved the pictures you brought of your Mom and great fmaily to the meet N Greet..............It was wonderful to meet you.......Keep us posted on your mom's recovery.......

<H2>1. What should I do if my parents were in a terrible accident?</H2><p>If your parents were in a terrible accident, the first thing you should do is remain calm. It can be a very overwhelming and emotional experience, but staying calm will help you handle the situation better. Make sure your parents receive proper medical attention and follow any instructions from the medical professionals.</p><H2>2. How do I handle the emotions of not knowing what happened to my parents after an accident?</H2><p>Not knowing what happened to your parents after an accident can be a very difficult and emotional experience. It's important to find someone to talk to, whether it's a friend, family member, or even a therapist. Expressing your emotions and talking through your thoughts can help you cope with the situation.</p><H2>3. What should I do if my parents are in different hospitals after an accident?</H2><p>If your parents are in different hospitals after an accident, it's important to prioritize their medical needs. Make sure both hospitals are aware of the situation and have all the necessary information. You may need to divide your time between the two hospitals to provide support and updates to each parent.</p><H2>4. How can I support my parents after they have been in an accident?</H2><p>After your parents have been in an accident, the best way to support them is to be there for them. Offer emotional support, help with any necessary tasks, and communicate with medical professionals on their behalf. It's also important to take care of yourself and get the support you need during this difficult time.</p><H2>5. What can I do if my parent blames themselves for the accident?</H2><p>If your parent blames themselves for the accident, it's important to reassure them that it was not their fault. Remind them that accidents happen and they are not to blame. Offer support and understanding, and encourage them to focus on their recovery rather than dwelling on what happened. Seek outside help if necessary to help your parent cope with any feelings of guilt or self-blame.</p>

1. What should I do if my parents were in a terrible accident?

If your parents were in a terrible accident, the first thing you should do is remain calm. It can be a very overwhelming and emotional experience, but staying calm will help you handle the situation better. Make sure your parents receive proper medical attention and follow any instructions from the medical professionals.

2. How do I handle the emotions of not knowing what happened to my parents after an accident?

Not knowing what happened to your parents after an accident can be a very difficult and emotional experience. It's important to find someone to talk to, whether it's a friend, family member, or even a therapist. Expressing your emotions and talking through your thoughts can help you cope with the situation.

3. What should I do if my parents are in different hospitals after an accident?

If your parents are in different hospitals after an accident, it's important to prioritize their medical needs. Make sure both hospitals are aware of the situation and have all the necessary information. You may need to divide your time between the two hospitals to provide support and updates to each parent.

4. How can I support my parents after they have been in an accident?

After your parents have been in an accident, the best way to support them is to be there for them. Offer emotional support, help with any necessary tasks, and communicate with medical professionals on their behalf. It's also important to take care of yourself and get the support you need during this difficult time.

5. What can I do if my parent blames themselves for the accident?

If your parent blames themselves for the accident, it's important to reassure them that it was not their fault. Remind them that accidents happen and they are not to blame. Offer support and understanding, and encourage them to focus on their recovery rather than dwelling on what happened. Seek outside help if necessary to help your parent cope with any feelings of guilt or self-blame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • itsjustCarla