• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm in a Dilema, One of My Good Friends Mom Passed Away and I Am

In summary, the profiterole puffs, the Tuxedo Brownie Cups, the Banana Cream Brownies, the Profiteroles, and the Brownie bites travel well. The Strawberry Amaretto pastries would also travel well, but they are really yummy too!
JWorks
Silver Member
i'm in a dilema, one of my good friends mom passed away and i am taking a dessert to the funeral home. the funeral home is an hour or so away so i need something that will travel well. normally i would make some slice and bake cookies or something like that, but since i am now a pampered chef consultant i feel like i should take something more. any suggestions would be great.

The profiterole puffs travel very well!

also the berries and creme brownie squares. once the stoneware gets cold it will keep that dessert cold for a long time. It did al least for me at several picnic's I went to this summer. it was the best dessert I made that looked so well with in the cranberry rectangluar baker with the basket liner and the woven rectangluar tray and then the lid on top. It looked great setting on the table. The lid is now discontinued (the plastic one) but it did look nice (plastic wrap or foil would have looked awful

Tuxedo Brownie Cups - everyone raves when I make these
Tiramisu Brownies
Banana Cream Brownies
Profiteroles - you could do both the chocolate and the plain ones
Bake a cake in the fluted stone - one of the cookbooks has a recipe for sunshine cake or something like that
Brownie bites in the mini-muffin pan

whiteyteresa said:
also the berries and creme brownie squares. once the stoneware gets cold it will keep that dessert cold for a long time. It did al least for me at several picnic's I went to this summer. it was the best dessert I made that looked so well with in the cranberry rectangluar baker with the basket liner and the woven rectangluar tray and then the lid on top. It looked great setting on the table. The lid is now discontinued (the plastic one) but it did look nice (plastic wrap or foil would have looked awful

I second this - it travels very well!!
So does the Peanutty Chocolate Cake

JWorks said:
i'm in a dilema, one of my good friends mom passed away and i am taking a dessert to the funeral home. the funeral home is an hour or so away so i need something that will travel well. normally i would make some slice and bake cookies or something like that, but since i am now a pampered chef consultant i feel like i should take something more. any suggestions would be great.

I made Truffle brownies recently and cut up, placed on med square they travelled very well. Anything served IN the rectangular baker travels well 9do you have the travel thingy?). Cream cheese pumpkin squares do too.

The Strawberry Amaretto pastries would travel nicely! They are really yummy too!:p

Related to I'm in a Dilema, One of My Good Friends Mom Passed Away and I Am

1. How can I offer support to my friend during this difficult time?

Offering support can be as simple as being there for your friend to talk to, running errands for them, or bringing them a meal. You can also send a thoughtful card or flowers to show your condolences.

2. Should I attend the funeral or memorial service?

It is always a personal decision whether or not to attend a funeral or memorial service. If you were close to your friend's mom, it may be appropriate to attend to show your support. However, if you were not close or if you feel your presence may be a burden, it is okay to send your condolences in another way.

3. What should I say when expressing my condolences?

It is best to keep your condolences simple and sincere. You can say something like "I am so sorry for your loss" or "My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time." Avoid saying things like "I know how you feel" or "They are in a better place" as it may not be comforting to your friend.

4. Can I offer to help with funeral or memorial arrangements?

If you are close to your friend and their family, it may be appropriate to offer to help with funeral or memorial arrangements. However, make sure to respect their wishes if they decline your offer or if they have already made arrangements.

5. How long should I wait before reaching out to my friend?

It is important to give your friend space and time to grieve, but also let them know that you are there for them. It may be helpful to check in with them after a few days or a week to see how they are doing. Let them know that you are available to talk or offer support whenever they need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina