• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host's Aunt Passed Away Thanksgiving Weekend

In summary, the conversation was about a woman hosting a catalog show who had a family emergency and needed to close the show. The host's aunt passed away and she still wanted to close the show. The person posting is trying to figure out how to handle the situation and wants to know if they should send a sympathy card and what to say on it. The advice given was to find the right card and let it speak for itself, and to also consider calling the guests directly to arrange delivery. The conversation ends with the suggestion to simply add "my thoughts are with you" on the card.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Hey guys...I just wanted a little advice on what I should do.

I had a lady hosting a catalog show for me, and she wanted to close it on Black friday. I was supposed to meet her at 6pm, but I got a call from her saying her aunt had a stroke and was in the hospital and could we wait until the next day to close. I told her no problem, and we could close next week if need be...there was no rush...for her not to worry about the party her aunt was more important right now.

Well she called me the next day and her aunt passed away that morning at 4am. She said she wanted to get together with me to close out her show, because with funeral plans and stuff she was going to be busy, and she wanted to get this out of the way. I felt SOOOO bad for her, and I tried to let her know there was no rush in getting her show submitted, but she wanted her friends who ordered to get their things in a timely manner and just wanted to close it. So we met at Big Boys and my Dh and son were with me...the poor woman ....uh i just wanted to cry. She was trying so hard to keep herself composed while I entered her orders in the laptop. My son kept asking her to color with him and i tried to stop him from bugging her and she was like. " no please just let him. it will help take my mind off of things"

I am having her orders shipped to me, so i can sort them and everything for her...figured she didn't need to worry with that stuff right now. I would just deliver them to her guests, but no one gave me their addys.

I want to send her a sympathy card...i don't know her very well though, but I thought it would be nice to do. I know she is hurting and i feel so bad for her. But what should I say if i do send her one?? I always stink at trying to find the right words in this kind of situation.

Find the right card and let the card say it for you

:chef:

whiteyteresa said:
Find the right card and let the card say it for you

:chef:

That's great advice, Teresa.

So sorry for your host, Elizabeth. Very kind of you to get the stuff shipped to you and get the deliveries made. Do you have phone numbers for the guests? You could call them all directly to arrange delivery.

You did the right thing by offering to defer/delay closing then going along with her. You are continuing to do the right thing by having the products delivered to you. I agree that a nicely worded sympathy card is in order and would be appreciated.

How very sad, and yes, definitely send her a card. You can just add "my thoughts are with you".

Related to Host's Aunt Passed Away Thanksgiving Weekend

1. How can I support my friend who recently lost their aunt over Thanksgiving weekend?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I recommend reaching out to your friend to offer your condolences and support during this difficult time. You can also send them a thoughtful care package or gift to help them cope with their loss. Additionally, consider offering to help with any tasks or responsibilities they may be struggling with due to the passing of their aunt.

2. Is it appropriate to mention the loss of my friend's aunt during a Pampered Chef party or event?

It is always best to err on the side of caution and avoid bringing up sensitive topics during a Pampered Chef party or event. Instead, focus on creating a positive and uplifting atmosphere for your guests. If your friend is in attendance, be sure to offer them your condolences privately.

3. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party if my aunt passed away over Thanksgiving weekend?

If you are the host of a Pampered Chef party, it is completely understandable if you need to cancel or reschedule due to the loss of your aunt. Our thoughts and sympathies are with you during this difficult time. Please reach out to your consultant to discuss your options.

4. Are there any special ways to honor the memory of my aunt during Thanksgiving with Pampered Chef?

One idea is to include a special dish or recipe that your aunt loved as part of your Thanksgiving meal. You could also consider making a donation to a charity in her honor, or lighting a candle in her memory during your holiday gathering.

5. Will Pampered Chef products make good gifts for my family and friends who are grieving the loss of our aunt?

Pampered Chef products can make thoughtful and practical gifts for anyone, including those who are grieving. Our kitchen tools and gadgets can help make cooking and meal preparation easier during this difficult time. You can also consider gifting a Pampered Chef gift card so your loved ones can choose the products that best suit their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • Suzyengl