• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Do a Pre-Cooked Show... What Do You Display?

In summary, this expert recommends bringing a pre-made demo with you to sell from the catalog, using a tool turnabout bag, and concentrating on new products.
dwyerkim
I am going to make a switch to doing pre-cooked demos and selling more from the catalog. I am curious, for those of you who do this, what products do you bring with you to display? I'm getting a little tired of carting my entire kitchen with me. What do you think is essential, what do you think sells better "live" than from the catalog? And if you sell from the catalog, are there any tools that you still demo--like do you set up a chop block area for people to try out knives, mandoline, chopper, etc?

Also, how do y'all cart your junk in and out? I just have the one crate that came with my kit, so that is full plus I have several large totes I use. Works fine on the way in but coming home I wind up with bags of dirty dishes (soon to be discontinued :) ) and of course things don't fit back in as well as they did on the way out!

Thanks, sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm new here!

I am going to try a few shows this way also! I will bring a pre-made food, and then have a few items available for demo. I always sell a couple of the Microplane Graters when I demo them for either parmesan cheese or chocolate, depending on the recipe. And I agree about the chopping area to demo knives and food chopper.

I am going to try the walk through the catalog with the have it, love it game.

When I precook, I then focus on collections at the show and bring a piece of each--cookware, forged cutlery, stoneware, and simple additions.

DebbieJ said:
When I precook, I then focus on collections at the show and bring a piece of each--cookware, forged cutlery, stoneware, and simple additions.

I do the same thing, plus I bring the tool turnabout. For me, a big part of switching to this style of show is to make the business look really easy to potential recruits. How duplicatable must it look to outsiders if we just bring in the recipe, a crate with our TTA tote, and a bag with your catalogs/paperwork?! One trip in and out!!

jeanniec said:
I do the same thing, plus I bring the tool turnabout. For me, a big part of switching to this style of show is to make the business look really easy to potential recruits. How duplicatable must it look to outsiders if we just bring in the recipe, a crate with our TTA tote, and a bag with your catalogs/paperwork?! One trip in and out!!

Good point, much better than me lugging stuff in 4 trips! I don't have the tool turnabout bag--is it worthwhile to purchase? I was considering it.

The bag is so worth it! It makes it easier to carry it and protects the tools and TTA. Also, it loosely fits the Trifle Bowl.

dwyerkim said:
Good point, much better than me lugging stuff in 4 trips! I don't have the tool turnabout bag--is it worthwhile to purchase? I was considering it.

Exactly!! And, I agree with Kate about the TTA bag - well worth it. After I got mine, I kicked myself for waiting so long! LOL

I bring lots. What I display is determined by the space, but I concentrate on the newest products.

Try going to thrift stores and purchasing luggage on wheels. (got mine for under $4/each) I have 2 larger ones and 2 smaller ones and they make coming in and out SO much easier.

My husband baught me a set for $20 at Walmart as a gift. Large roller bag and a "carry on" type bag. I put all the smaller "loose" items in there. Like Crinkle cutter, EAD, Measure All etc... (anything that doesn't fit in the TTA, and yes I earned one last year I think and I so love it!) Honestly I keep that bag full in a lower cabnet. Easy for me to find things when I want to use them and since I don't have a second set, their where I need them when I'm ready to go to a show.

It does take a little working with the learn how to stack, but you'll thank your lucky stars when you're carting all those heavy items.

(I use smaller ones for Recipe books, flyers, catalogs and another one with napkins, plates and the like in it.)

I use the crate that came with my kit and I also use a big canvas bag that holds my TTA and trifle bowl side by side. I put my catalogs and other paperwork at the bottom of the crate or on the side of the canvas bag. Still make one trip in and out. Love that!

I set out ALL of the new products, one SA, one peice of cookware and a piece of stoneware....that really does cover it. If someone wants to see something I do not have displayed (I DO have most of the catalog in my car:D ) ~ I tell them I will bring it to hteir show...

hi everyone
i keep seeing "tta" could someone please tell me what that is lol
im new and dont know all the short forms yet
thanks

Tool Turnabout

PCGINA said:
I set out ALL of the new products, one SA, one peice of cookware and a piece of stoneware....that really does cover it. If someone wants to see something I do not have displayed (I DO have most of the catalog in my car:D ) ~ I tell them I will bring it to hteir show...

I do this too, although I don't have everything in my car :) However, I STRONGLY encourage the host to call her guests to see if there is anything that they'd like to see at her show. I also put that on my website. If I ever manage to start calling guests to remind them of the show, I would do it then. Sometimes, people only think of the items that I don't have with me and then I can say that they could have let me or the host know they wanted to see it, but we can have it at your show. :D

I tote stuff in my show-to-go set. One trip for stuff and one for food. MUCH nicer even though I CAN bring lots of stuff. I don't always set everything out either.

I bring more than I display. I don't want things to look too cluttered, but I like to have some of the products I get the most questions about (like the knives: just how big are they? what's the difference between the lines? etc.).

thanks rae

De nada! :)

I always take too much. I'm trying to learn not to. I like the idea of stating on my website to call and ask me to bring certain items... where did you post that on your site? It seems that every time I choose to leave something home, someone at THAT show asks to see that very item... sigh... but I am tired of lugging in too much stuff and making this job look harder and more cumbersome than it is.

I have started just taking what I need to prepare the recipe. And if I am not using the Host Special I birng that with me. This has not afected my sales in anyway and has cut down on my loading and unlooding time. I carry my products in a wicker basket I got at the dollar store and I have a separate small crate for my catalogs, paperwork, door prizes and host gift. I take the red crate to with me and put my dirty dishes in it to bring home.

1. What type of pre-cooked items can I display at a Pampered Chef show?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of pre-cooked items that are perfect for displaying at your show. Some popular choices include our frozen appetizers, pre-made dips, and pre-cooked meats. You can also display pre-made desserts and side dishes to give your guests a taste of our delicious products.

2. Do I need to cook the pre-cooked items before displaying them?

No, our pre-cooked items are ready to display right out of the package. Simply follow the instructions on the packaging for reheating or serving suggestions. This makes it easy for you to set up and showcase our products at your show.

3. Can I sample the pre-cooked items at my show?

Yes, you can absolutely sample the pre-cooked items at your show! We encourage our consultants to offer samples to their guests so they can experience the quality and taste of our products. This can also help increase sales as guests will be more likely to purchase items they have tried and enjoyed.

4. How should I display the pre-cooked items at my show?

We recommend using our Pampered Chef products, such as our serving platters and dip bowls, to display the pre-cooked items at your show. This will not only make them look more appealing, but it will also showcase the versatility of our products. You can also use decorative trays or serving dishes to add a personal touch to your display.

5. Can I sell the pre-cooked items at my show?

Yes, our pre-cooked items are available for purchase at your show. You can take orders from your guests and have the items delivered directly to them, or you can have them available for immediate purchase at the show. This is a great way to offer your guests convenient and delicious meal options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• southernmommie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ms_twana