• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Do Weekday Shows, What Time Do You Do It?

6:30, 7:00, and 7:30. I found that 7:00 works the best for me. I have a lot of people who show up late and it keeps the show moving.I have done 7:00 and it works well also.
luvmypomeranian
I want to try to book some weekday shows so all of my shows are not on Saturdays. But, I have 2 small children and my husband can't be home to keep them until 6pm. So in order me to not have to pay for a babysitter, I'd have to do my weeknight shows from 7-9pm. Do you think that is too late and nobody would want to do one?

During the summer, all of my weeknight shows were at 7.

that is when I do my weeknight shows... they all start at 7pm. I also have two small children and a husband who works from 9am to 7pm. I pay a babysitter in Pampered Chef (she happens to be my best friend, so it works out) and she comes over after work, brings the kids McDonalds as a treat and stays with them til my hubby gets home from work. It's been working for me for about a year! Good luck!

I'm starting weekdays shows this month! I've got them all starting at 6:30 and 7:00. I wasn't sure which I'd like better (I work full time) so I tried both for this month and next month. Then when I start booking for November (soon, as my October is already filling up!!) I'll know which I like better!

I do 7:00 shows. I was doing some 6:30 ones. That worked until we moved this summer and it now takes DH longer to get home from work. I look at where the show is and if it's going to take a while to get there, I book it for a weekend. I wish I could get more weeknight shows, but I think DH is happy not to have to stress to get home on time too much. I guess he doesn't miss me on the weekends. :)

my shows always start at 7. Now that I have 2 of my 3 kids in school all day I can do daytime shows.

6:30 or 7 depending on how far from my house. You work your business so that it works for your family. That is the joy of Pampered Chef.

My director actually doesn't book weekend shows at all during the summer, because they don't tend to have a very good turn out - people are out of town, camping, etc...

So all of her shows are Tuesday through Thursday during the week... and she kicks butt! :)

I've done 2 Thursday shows and they've started at about 6:30, but most of the people didnt get there until closer to 7 on both of them, so I think 7 would actually be a good start time! Good luck to you!!

99% of my weekday shows start at 7.

wadesgirl said:
99% of my weekday shows start at 7.

Mine too - and I mostly do weekday shows. I do 2-3 Sat. Brunch shows a month, but other than that my shows are all Tues. & Thurs. Shows.

All this talk of Thursday shows! Doesn't anyone watch Grey's Anatamoy?!? Thursday is the only day I don't work! LOL!

vanscootin said:
All this talk of Thursday shows! Doesn't anyone watch Grey's Anatamoy?!? Thursday is the only day I don't work! LOL!

Nope, I've never seen it.

vanscootin said:

I don't watch it . . . but, that's what DVR is for!!

I'm with everyone else - 7pm is a great time for a weeknight show, and Thursday works very well for most people. Just make sure you pick easy recipes or demos, and keep the show as structured as possible so it doesn't run long, or so nothing has to be skipped for the sake of time.

Me too! I have done a few at 6:30 but found we had people arriving up to about 7 so I stopped the 6:30 starts and went to 7. Works great. And I always asked the host to check to see if the guests were coming from work or home after dinner. If we got a lot of from works, I did a dish in the DCB and a salad. If not, we usually did dessert. Never had one end up under $600 either!

Interesting. About 99% of my shows start at 6:30 and I don't have a great deal of people showing up late. A 7:00 start means I (and everyone else) get home that much later.

I do mine at 6:30, but DH isn't home by then and I have to get Mom or SIL to come home and watch them until I get home. Occasionally I can meet DH somewhere and switch cars w/ him, but I don't usually count on that.
I do occasionally do morning shows during the day too (10 am ish).

I used to start them all at 7 but for quite some time now I start at 6:30. Works for my crowds.

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine too - and I mostly do weekday shows. I do 2-3 Sat. Brunch shows a month, but other than that my shows are all Tues. & Thurs. Shows.

What time do you do your brunch shows?

lesliec said:
I do mine at 6:30, but DH isn't home by then and I have to get Mom or SIL to come home and watch them until I get home. Occasionally I can meet DH somewhere and switch cars w/ him, but I don't usually count on that.
I do occasionally do morning shows during the day too (10 am ish).

Leslie, this might be a whole new thread, but I have seriously been thinking of doing some morning shows during the week now that my dd is in school full time, how do you market these and do you have very much success with them?

Thursdays do work well for me too, and I schedule for 630. If they show up on time, I get home early....if they're all late and we start at 7, no biggie. Most of shows tend to really get going at 7. I only offer the 1st 2 Saturdays of the month and only if my Thursday/Fridays are booked. I have done a couple of afternoon brunches...works great for the Stay at Home Moms, the Homeschool Crowd and any nightshift crowds. I'm also going to start pushing for express shows now that school is back. =)

chefsteph07 said:
What time do you do your brunch shows?

I start them at 11, then I'm done and back home by about 1:30. Wish all my shows could be brunch shows!

I give my hosts an option. I tell them that I usually do weeknight shows at 6:30 or 7 and ask which works best for them.

vanscootin said:

I watched it until George's Dad passed. That just messed me up. Couldn't watch it anymore.

Love the idea of the brunch weekday shows...

I don't do weekday shows but when I did Friday nights, they started at 7.

I would not go to a show that started earlier than that.

raebates said:
I give my hosts an option. I tell them that I usually do weeknight shows at 6:30 or 7 and ask which works best for them.

That is exactly what I do as well. :) Most of the time my hosts pick 7:00 and I've never had a problem with people saying it's too late for them.

I have been booking Friday night shows, two Saturday shows, and one Sunday afternoon show. This month, I had to book shows during the week because my weekends were all full! I am trying to do the same for October and November, with filling up the two weeks of December and then having the second two weeks off. I am going to push for more weekday shows and perhaps drop back on weekend ones.

On a side note, I got an email that I was in the top 50 for Shopping Spree for 53! Guess being busy has its perks!

chefckhall said:
on a side note, i got an email that i was in the top 50 for shopping spree for 53! Guess being busy has its perks!

way to go!!!

Hmm. I was planning to do mostly weekend shows. Maybe ppl dont want to spend Saturday night with me.... most of my friends work full time, too, so I thought--but maybe 6-8 pm would be okay
ChefBeckyD said:
Becky, I love brunch, always have. What time is good for a brunch show? I get up really early, but I'm worried that 9 or even 10 would be to early for most folks.Thanks in advance for any comments.Edited later: oops I just read that you normally start them at 11. Sounds great to me!!!! Had a bunch of friends over for a crafts class yesterday, so I know all my dishes were a big hit, cause I practices PC brunch food on them.

Last edited:
I have been pushing for Friday and Sunday. I have one tomorrow night at 6 though at the request of the host. Wondering how this will work for a Monday night though.

All my weekday shows are 6 or 6:30. I find that when my shows start at 7, they tend to start at 7:15 and then as soon as the demo is done, everybody wants to leave and get home, cause it's getting late. I've actually had shows where folks didn't even eat.

I do not do too many weekday shows because my kids usually have stuff going on afterschool, but when I do them I try to keep them at 6 or 6:30 because people are usually coming after working all day and do not want to be out late. I know I like to get home so i can see my kids before they get to bed. If I have a Fri show, then I will start it later, maybe at 7. My weekend shows usually start anywhere from 4pm-7pm. If they are farter away, I try to start them a little earlier just so I am home at a decent time.

Related to ifYou Do Weekday Shows, What Time Do You Do It?

1. What days of the week do you typically do your shows?

I usually do my shows on the weekdays, Monday through Friday.

2. What time do you usually do your weekday shows?

My weekday shows typically start at 7pm and end at 9pm.

3. Is it possible to book a weekday show instead of a Saturday show?

Yes, absolutely! I am open to booking weekday shows to accommodate my schedule and yours.

4. Do you think 7-9pm is too late for a weekday show?

It depends on the audience and the type of show. Generally, 7-9pm is a reasonable time for a weekday show as most people are home from work and have had time to eat dinner.

5. Will people still be interested in attending a weekday show?

Yes, I have found that many people are looking for alternative entertainment options during the week and are excited to attend a weekday show. Plus, it's a great way to break up the monotony of the work week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Aun