• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weekday or Weekend Parties: What's Your Preference?

In summary, most hosts seem to do better with weekend shows. Some hosts prefer weekday shows, while others do weekend and both. Some hosts have better luck with mid-afternoon shows, while others have better luck with evening shows.
Aun
Gold Member
I was just curious as to what your opinions were of doing weeknight vs. weekend shows? Do any of you have much success with doing shows on weeknights or do you find that everyone is too busy with coming home from work, etc. to host or attend a party? For weekend shows, what are the opinions on the best days/times for parties? Is Saturday better than Sunday for you, or vice versa? Do you find yourself often doing shows in the afternoon or evening? I'd love to hear everyones' opinions on this....

Since I only do PC part-time, I am pretty flexible with my schedule. However, I try to schedule parties for during the week, because with all the other stuff that my husband and I are involved in, weekends are the only time we really get to see each other. But, if a host really feels that a weekend will be better for her crowd, I will definitely work with her on it.

I do PC P/T as well, and leave a flexible schedule. I usually get a feel for what they want, and then suggest some dates from there. I haven't really seen a difference in attendance whether it is a weekend or weeknight, and brunch or evening... HTH.

You need to decide the days of the week that you are willing to do parties, whether they are weeknights, weekends and both, and stick to it. Have a set party schedule depending on what your needs are. I have done parties weeknights, weekend days and nights. I usually have the host pick the date that works best for them. It's only me and my husband; we have no children, so it's easier for me to do parties any time.After doing Pampered Chef for about a year I prefer doing "local" shows (within 20 miles of me) on weeknights and places that I have to drive more than 30-40 minutes on weekends. I don't want to have to rush coming home from work to pack up my car and look presentable and then not be gettin home until close to 11 p.m.As for turnout, honestly it really depends on the host and her crowd. It's all in your host coaching and her efforts in getting people there and outside orders.

Most of my customers like weekends. I'm trying to book more weeknights (and keep my weekends full too) because I want to have 10-12 shows on the calendar each month.

We'll see....

For a while there, I was having really good luck with Thursday nights.

I only do weekend shows and have never had a problem. If a host wants a weeknight (hasn't happened yet), then of course I would be flexible and do it. My weekend hosts prefer mid-afternoon shows (anyway from 12:30 - 2)

The only weeknight I do shows is Friday. I work 8hrs per day and have a bit of a commute, so my shows can't start until 7pm at the earliest to allow for set up time. When you start at 7, you know you will be out until around 9 sometimes 9:30. I don't like being out too late on a "school night".

I do most of my shows on Tues. & Thurs. I do 2-3 weekend shows ( Fri-Sat) a month. I seem to have better shows during the week. I think most people do family stuff on weekends.

THURSDAY??! McDreamy is on on Thursday! That's about the only night I won't do shows. I think it really depends on the crowd. I had one woman who had a Monday night show and it was a $1000 party. I had another one who had a Monday night show and it was a total flop. I think they just need to know their friends and what works for them. It seems like most parties in our neighborhood PC or otherwise are weeknights.

I do bothWeekdays and weekends. It seems like the weekdays are a bit better for me as far as sales go. I've had quite a few Sunday afternoon shows lately and almost every one has been a complete FLOP. I'm thinking of not doing those any longer, unless the host really insists.

I keep weekends free for family time now but when I did do some weekend shows they never seemed to work out well! I will do one Friday night show a month so people have to book those up early. In the summer I only do Tues-Thurs because so many people take off to the lake or camping it's not worth it.

I think really it depends on your host, their friends and what you want to work.

I also do Pampered Chef part time and I allow several nights a week and 2 weekends a month for shows. My experience has been that my weeknights fill up faster (Thursdays are the best for me) and the weeknight night shows seem to have higher sales. This was completely opposite of what I thought would happpen.

I'm new to PC, but already I have had a lot of interest in week DAY parties with SAHM's. Works for me too. Seems that the moms want something fun to do during the day, without taking away from their family time, and also wanting a fun activity to do with their preschool kids. I'll let you know how they work out.........But I'm also trying to limit myself to not doing a show on both Saturday and Sunday, just so that I can have time with my family too, so I need to fill in weekday evenings.

I've found that the critical part of any night's success is truly the host coaching. And people tend to book their show for the same day/time as the one they attended- which is good if that's your regular night and bad if it was an exception for the first host.

I save Tuesdays, Thursdays and occasional Saturdays for my shows. I have found that Mon and Fri tend to be a little less good because people are either trying to get a handle on everything they have to do that week (M), or just want to stay home when they get there after work (F). I do work FT apart from PC, so I use my Saturday dates for hosts who are more than 45 minutes from me.

I will do shows what ever days that I can Except - Wednesdays & Thursdays. My shows are that day! lol.

I do both also, since I'm to the point where I"m doing about 8 shows/month. I prefer to do one weekday & one weekend. Most people lately have been wanting weekends. I love Saturday shows that start at 10:30-11am, then I"m done by noonish. Sunday shows around 2-3 work really well too. I've found that Monday & Thursdays work best around here for shows. Last nite at my show everyone was talking about missing Grey's, or their dh's were taping it for them. I was reminding them that it's on Friday's too:) (when I'll be watching it tonite!)

I, too, do both. I like to do 2 shows on Saturdays when I can. The week days that work best for me are Tuesday and especially Thursday but I have had shows every day of the week. The one day that I usually discourage is Wednesday because that is church night for so many but I will do it if the host feels it's the best night for her and her friends.

The trick is to keep the host excited and involved and looking toward her goal. Any time can result in a $1000 show if the host is coached well!

My days I will do shows are Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Sat Brunch shows. When I have 2 shows booked in a week, I move on to booking the next week, and when I have 2 shows booked for each week in a month, then I will go back and book other dates still available, but my preference is to only do 2 shows a week. I wish I could do all brunch shows! Around here, those are my best attended, most relaxed, highest $$ spent shows....and I get the most bookings from those shows! I think the guests are more relaxed and ready for fun at those shows - they haven't had to rush around as much to get there, and aren't tired from a full day already - and I feel like I am at my best then too. My brunch shows are usually booked up 2-3 months in advance....too bad there's only one Sat. a week!:rolleyes:

Related to Weekday or Weekend Parties: What's Your Preference?

What is the difference between a Weeknight and a Weekend Show?

A Weeknight Show is typically held on a weekday evening, while a Weekend Show is held on a Saturday or Sunday. Weeknight Shows tend to have a more relaxed atmosphere, while Weekend Shows are often more lively and energetic.

Are there any benefits to hosting a Weeknight Show over a Weekend Show?

Yes, there are several benefits to hosting a Weeknight Show. Weeknight Shows often have smaller attendance, which allows for more one-on-one interaction with the consultant and guests. Additionally, guests may be more likely to make purchases during a Weeknight Show since it is a less busy time for them.

Can I earn the same rewards and free products by hosting a Weeknight Show as I would with a Weekend Show?

Yes, the rewards and free products for hosting a Weeknight Show are the same as those for a Weekend Show. The only difference may be in the number of guests required to reach certain reward levels.

Do I have to serve a full meal at a Weeknight Show?

No, it is not necessary to serve a full meal at a Weeknight Show. You can choose to serve light snacks or appetizers instead, which can be easier and more cost-effective.

Are there any specific products or recipes that are better suited for a Weeknight Show versus a Weekend Show?

Not necessarily. Both types of shows can feature a variety of products and recipes. However, for a Weeknight Show, it may be more beneficial to showcase quick and easy meal solutions, while a Weekend Show may allow for more time to demonstrate more complex recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • acdugger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • jj16