• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When to Have the Best Show Attendance: Advice for Neighborhood Shows

As for Saturdays, I usually do a show around 12pm or 1pm so that people have more time to spend with their families. I usually offer Tues, Thurs, and Sat evening. I also offer a Sunday morning show. I mark these dates in my calendar when I get new bookings and let people choose which day they would prefer.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
When are the best days for you to do your shows? I have been doing a lot on weekends, but then had a couple in the middle of the week, and had the best show attendance I've ever had!!! I am looking to do a neighborhood show at my house, and would like advice on which day to do it on. Which day, in your opinion, seems to be the best for the masses?

I usually get the best turnouts on Thursday evenings.

You have to do the days that work well for you. I too find Thursdays to be very good. I think most of my shows have been during the week. I've had 2 on Saturdays I think. My very first very limited attendance but was thanksgiving weekend and one this past November on the 8th and that was well attended. My biggest show was actually on a Tuesday but it will always vary based on your host I think. JMHO, maybe weeknights are better attended because people like to spend their family time on weekends? Who really knows.

I agree something about Thursday. People are ready to start their weekend, but they don't have to give up weekend time with their family. I have also found that weeknight shows go a little quicker. Maybe it is just me, but people are not usually late and the party seems to start on time and move along. From my experience more people are late on the weekend, and the party seems to last so much longer. So when I do the math/hour, I make a lot more $$ on evening shows.

I can only do shows on Fridays and Saturdays because of my husbands schedule, but they work well for me. Do what works for you.

Thursday and Friday nights seem to work well and I have noticed people are more relaxed and stay a bit longer.

I do Fridays and Saturdays. Friday nights are a little better. I am doing my first Wednesday night show this month and can't wait to see how it turns out.

I really think that week nights are the best. I know the shows that I was a guest at and as a consultant seem to have a better turn out.

I usually offer Tues or Thurs evening, Sat morning or afternoon (depending on my son's sports schedule and time of year), and Sunday afternoon. That being said, if I have someone who really wants a Friday night or Sunday night and I am availbale, I will do it. I just tell them that they know their friends and if their friends will come then so will I. I have also found that people tend to book on the same weekday as the show they went to.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll go for Thurs. I'm trying to take control of my calendar this year, and really would like to do more shows during the week. I'm always so grateful people want to book at all, that I let them walk all over me! Sigh*.....

cookin to the top said:
Thanks for the input! I think I'll go for Thurs. I'm trying to take control of my calendar this year, and really would like to do more shows during the week. I'm always so grateful people want to book at all, that I let them walk all over me! Sigh*.....

Stop this now! It will get old so quickly and it will make you hate your business.

Some people set a regular schedule of the days/nights they are willing to work. Others need to set their schedule around changing family activities. Whichever way you need to work , mark (I highlight, others have different methods) in your calendar the days you are willing/able to have shows. Then, when it comes time to book you can say "do you prefer a Tuesday or a Thursday" and give them the open dates based on their reply.

I have learned (the hard way) to stick with my guns on what days I will/won't work. I had a gal just beg to have her show on a Sunday (a day I had planned to never hold anything but a bridal shower) because that was the only day her husband could watch their 4 kids. You guessed it. 4 kids, no husband and about 3 guests. I was irritated at her and myself.

The schedule that works for me is Monday, Tuesday & Thursday evening with an occasional Saturday morning (not afternoon!) show. I had a friend who became a Director on the schedule of only being able to hold shows on Monday nights.

Do what works for you.

Sunday and Friday work for me because of my sked ... there is no way I can do a weekday.

1. When is the best time to have a neighborhood show?

The best time to have a neighborhood show is typically on a weeknight evening or weekend afternoon. These are times when most people are available and not busy with work or other commitments.

2. How far in advance should I send out invitations for a neighborhood show?

We recommend sending out invitations at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This will give your guests enough time to mark their calendars and make plans to attend.

3. Should I offer any incentives for people to attend my neighborhood show?

Yes, offering incentives can help increase attendance at your neighborhood show. You could offer a discount or free product to those who RSVP and attend, or hold a raffle for all attendees with a chance to win a prize.

4. What should I do if some of my invited guests can't make it to the neighborhood show?

If some of your guests are unable to attend, you can still have a successful show by reaching out to other potential guests in the neighborhood or inviting friends and family from outside the neighborhood. You can also offer the option for guests to place orders online and still be included in the show's sales.

5. How many guests should I aim to have at my neighborhood show?

Aim to have at least 10-12 guests at your neighborhood show. This will create a fun and lively atmosphere and also increase the chances of reaching the show's sales goal. However, don't be discouraged if you have fewer guests as long as they are engaged and interested in the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies