• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you creatively display your cookbooks at shows?

In summary, Darcy shared her ideas for displaying cookbooks at shows. She usually sets out a couple of books and puts a folder with guest recipes near them. She also uses a plate stand to display the cookbook with the demo recipe. She suggests using a file folder holder and a sheet that has recipes in different books.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I know some of you must have fun and inventive ways to display the cookbooks at your shows. Would you share your ideas with us? I was thinking about this with the Dec. guest special coming up... I was thinking of getting the stoneware rack from the outlet but since it's gone... I won't be suggesting that! I know there have to be some really fun ways to use other products to do this... can't wait to hear!

I usually pass the cookbooks I bring around. The pictures get them every time! Usually I will put them on the coffee table if there is one.

Bummer about the Stoneware rack! I was thinking of buying an extra one or two for home, but I should have acted faster! Better order what else I was planning on before those are gone too.

If you get a file folder holder from an office supply store, you can display 5 or 6 without just having a big pile. Look for a "stepped" holder that's designed to sit on a desk. Like http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536882129&prodBlockOID=1611440177. Sometimes you can find them in different finishes (black, chrome, brass, etc.).

If there's a coffee table, I usually set out a couple of books, open to good pictures. If there's limited room, I set out the newest one and one that's appropriate to the season or group (Good for You for folks who are health-conscious, Casual Cooking for the summer, and so on).

I fan mine out on the coffee table or in little clusters of two or three on end tables if the coffee table isn't available. I don't pass out my catalog/folders until we are ready to start so everyone picks up the cookbooks to thumb through.

I also use a plate stand (little plastic thing I got at WalMart) to display the cookbook with the demo recipe. I keep that next to me on the table or behind me on a mantle or bookshelf. I joke about not wanting them to see the picture until after I'm done, in case mine doesn't look as good as the books :)

Darcy posted this on another board:
I have always brought all the cookbooks with me to shows, and every once in a while someone will look at them. I was considering NOT taking them to shows (except the new one) when my director told me what she's been doing with them.

Put out the cookbooks with the guest folders, one on each chair (or every other chair with lots of guests). When you start the show, tell people you will be randomly asking them for a recipe that they see that looks good, and they have to say the recipe name and the cookbook it's in. They then get a raffle ticket.

I have done this at my last 3 shows and have sold more cookbooks than I have in the past 6 months! A $14.75 cookbook is a nice little "add on" to any order -- it has gotten people really interested in our books, I was totally amazed.

It's a great way to get them out in the open, and to justify hauling them all with you since they do get heavy.

Just wanted to share with you all -- and, of course, you can then tie into a December booking where everyone can pick one for FREE when they spend $60+

So, I tried it tonight and sold 5 cookbooks! I can't believe it! I mean, I talk about them but I don't think I've sold that many at one time before! I'm going to try it at every show now! People were waiting for me to ask again so they could get their ticket!:D

I really like that idea! I always sell a decent amount of them, but you're right, it's a great add on and awesome way to promote december!

thanks!

I always take most of mine and put them on the coffee table or in the chairs where they have to pick them up. I like the idea about asking where the recipes are, I will have to try this at my show Saturday - thanks! I know I am a sucker for buying cookbooks that the food looks good in.

I brought cookbooks to my show last night, and everyone went nuts over them, I think it is different when they see them in person, 3 people purchased cookbooks...I set them out with the folders...the stoneware book seems to be the most popular with my guests.

Great ideas! Does anyone have a sheet that has recipes listed in the different books? That sounds SO lazy but I'm going to ask anyway!

quiverfull7 said:
Great ideas! Does anyone have a sheet that has recipes listed in the different books? That sounds SO lazy but I'm going to ask anyway!

There's a list I put together for Weight Watchers shows (there's a thread on those in the "Theme Shows" area). But you could delete the points and just use it as a list. Rather than re-post the document, I'll direct you to the files area. Do a search on "WWPoints" with no space and they should come up.

I'm in the "fan them out on a table" club. I make sure I mention them during my demo. I tell the guests to "feel free to look through the cookbooks, but please ignore the spots and splatters. I use these cookbooks all the time in my own kitchen." I think seeing the cookbooks and being able to tell that I use them myself has helped my sales.

1. How should I arrange the cookbooks on my display table?

It's best to arrange the cookbooks in a pyramid or stair-step formation, with the largest and most eye-catching cookbooks at the back and smaller ones in front. This will help draw the customer's attention to the cookbooks and make them easier to browse.

2. How many cookbooks should I have on display?

We recommend having at least 3-5 cookbooks on display, depending on the size of your table and the number of other products you have. Too many cookbooks can overwhelm the customer, but having a variety of options can also encourage them to make a purchase.

3. Can I use my own cookbooks or do I have to use Pampered Chef ones?

While we highly recommend using Pampered Chef cookbooks for your displays, you are welcome to use your own cookbooks as well. Just make sure they are relevant to your audience and align with our values of cooking with high-quality ingredients and tools.

4. How can I make my cookbook display more visually appealing?

You can make your display more visually appealing by using stands or risers to elevate the cookbooks, adding props like kitchen utensils or ingredients, and using colorful tablecloths or display signs. You can also create themed displays, such as a holiday or seasonal theme.

5. Should I offer any special promotions or discounts for cookbooks at my shows?

Yes, offering special promotions or discounts can help incentivize customers to purchase cookbooks. You can offer a discount on a bundle of cookbooks or a free gift with the purchase of a cookbook. Make sure to advertise these promotions on your display and during your demonstration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tfinetwins
  • KelleyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wcsis
Replies
Views
Melissa78