• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Classic Car Show - What to Showcase?

In summary, Carol suggests setting up a small table like the one on the catalog, with a picnic basket, outdoor catty, tumblers, place settings, and fake food.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Hi everyone. A local high school is having their first ever (well, everything for them is first ever - they just opened this school year! :balloon:) Classic Car Show on 5/31, and I was invited to participate. It's (well, obviously) an outdoor event, so I won't have any food samples out. What kind of demo/display do you think would most interest this crowd? Should I just set up like I usually do, or do something special? If it was a motorhome show, I'd know what to do, but not sure how to tie PC in with Classic Cars. Maybe a picnic theme?

Do you think I should do a wine display? I have the Dots Stemware, and can order/borrow the Wine Bottle Opener and Dripless Pourer/Stopper.

Your ideas would be greatly appreciated - especially anyone who's had a table at a Classic Car show, or anyone who's attended a few!

Thanks in advance-

How funny I am doing a Classic Car show fair too on May 30th . I am just going to treat it like any other vendor fair. I do have some product to sell as cash and carry ( try to make my 50.00 table back ).
Also big May products and joining

Being the wife of a car guy, I would recommend you go with "picnic" stuff. We are always going to shows, and bringing food. The party stakes, if the event is on the grass, collaspable bowls, outdoor plastic stuff, prep bowls, make your table fun and eye catching. Most serious car people are very careful about liquor and their cars. We have been known to do shows, and have wine, but John hardly ever has more than sip. So I think I would leave the dots stemware at home. They are too fragile to do anything outside with them.

That would be the way I go throught out the whole spring / summer anyway. I wouldn't bring my Dots products, only 1 SA item cause of Bridal.
Party Sticks , Grill basket ,QSP All out door products all of that gets changed over for my Shows too.

Thanks everyone! I just remembered there's no alcohol allowed at the show (since it's on school property), so I couldn't have brought a bottle of wine anyway. But, I can bring liters of soda to show off the Party Sticks!!

Carol, you suggested making the table 'fun and inviting.' What do you do to achieve this? I've done several fairs, and always get good traffic, but admit that I don't have great displays.

Definately bring along the microfiber towels. If you have time and money to pick up several off of the outlet, you could probably sell those easily.

pampchefsarah said:
Carol, you suggested making the table 'fun and inviting.' What do you do to achieve this? I've done several fairs, and always get good traffic, but admit that I don't have great displays.

What if you had one small table set up as if it were an outdoor picnic table? Picnic Basket, outdoor catty, tumblers, place settings, etc...Collapsible bowls, whatever you have- fill with fake food or something from Michael's or craft store?? (ear of corn- maybe try to stick our corn-knobs in them)
I'm thinking of the photo on our catalog- pg 6 with the table. but without the food obviously. Get maybe a bucket or small tub like what you'd find at Walmart in the outdoor/picnic section they usually have this time of year and get some floral foam- then put "grass" on top and stick your Party sticks in that with the glasses, etc. I'm just thinking "outloud" while looking at the Outdoor section in the catalog.

Put a red-checkered table cloth on the table?

1. What types of classic cars should I showcase at a car show?

At a classic car show, it's important to showcase a variety of cars to keep things interesting for attendees. Some popular options include muscle cars, vintage cars, hot rods, and trucks. It's also a good idea to feature cars from different eras to show the evolution of automotive design.

2. How should I prepare my car for a classic car show?

Prior to the car show, it's important to thoroughly clean and detail your car. This includes washing and waxing the exterior, cleaning the interior, and shining the tires. You may also want to consider making any necessary repairs or touch-ups to ensure your car looks its best.

3. Do I need to bring anything else besides my car to the show?

In addition to your car, it's a good idea to bring any documentation or history about the vehicle, such as original paperwork or photos. You may also want to bring a canopy or tent to provide shade for your car and any display items.

4. Can I showcase a work-in-progress car at the show?

Yes, work-in-progress cars are welcome at classic car shows. In fact, they can be a great way to showcase the process of restoring a classic car and can be just as interesting as fully restored cars. Just make sure to have signage or information explaining the status of the car.

5. Are there any restrictions on what I can showcase at a classic car show?

Some car shows may have specific guidelines or restrictions, such as only allowing cars from a certain era or a maximum number of cars from a particular manufacturer. It's important to check with the event organizers beforehand to ensure your car meets any requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kate0831
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • cookin to the top