• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Marketing/Increasing Sales

In summary, the Crazy about tools package includes a pizza cutter, garlic press, small mix-n-scraper, classic scraper, handy scraper, stackable cooling rack, and free guest gift of the month.
clshirk
I was at a Mary Kay party today and my consultant loves giving me tips. And one she had was coming up with 'packages' that left the guest feeling they just had to buy- which were larger amts- like a $199 package and a $299 package. I was thinking of doing something similar like a $100 starter package for someone who's never bought pampered chef, and other packages. Has anyone ever come up with something like this or have any ideas?
I was thinking that for a starter package, a round stone, the stone rack, the food chopper, 2 scrapers, stackable cooling rack, and the tool turn about, along with the free guest special of the month. Any ideas on how to make something like this marketable?

I like the sounds of this! Creative Memories does something similar, for those new to scrapbooking. I can't wait to see what others come up with for PC! :) Great idea!!!

Here's what I have so far as $100 packages. I think these all come up to around $100, maybe over by a $1, but then I add on several small freebies-

Starter Package (For those who’re first experiencing Pampered Chef and need the Pampered Chef “musts”)
Food Chopper $29.50
Medium round Pizza Stone $19.00
Medium and Rectangle Rack $3.75
Small mix n scraper $11
Classic scraper $10
Pizza Cutter $8.75
Handy Scraper $6
Stackable cooling Rack $13.50
Free guest gift of the month
Free Season’s best cookbook
Free Paring knife

Crazy about tools Package
Pizza cutter $8.75
Garlic press $15.75
Small Mix-n-scraper $11
Classic Scraper $10
Stainless Whisk $12.50
The Corer $10.25
Slice N Serve $7
Mini-Serving Spatula $4
Ice Cream Dipper $13
Bamboo Spoon Set $6.50
Paring knife $1.25
Free Citrus Peeler

Must Haves Package
Tool Turn About $17
Food Chopper $29.50
5” Utility Knife $32
Medium Bar Pan $22
Free Paring knife

Summer Package The only thing about this package is that it might conflict with the June or July specials- so I might have to switch it up a little for each month.
BBQ Basting Bottle $14
Outdoor Party Plates $12
Outdoor Utensil Set $ 15
Family Size Quick-stir pitcher $19.50
Chillzane Rectangular Server $35
Rub of choice $3.75
Season’s Best cookbook $1
Free Guest gift of month
Free Paring knife
Free Citrus peeler

I've heard about this on selling cds about boosting sales, thought it was a great idea, just never got around to putting 1 together! Maybe I will do one before my next show!

Those look good...other than the "free guest gift of the month".....not every month is there a free gift w/ purchase - EX: Feb was 20% off stoneware, May is HWC products, July is buy one get one 50% off.......

ChefBeckyD said:
Those look good...other than the "free guest gift of the month".....not every month is there a free gift w/ purchase - EX: Feb was 20% off stoneware, May is HWC products, July is buy one get one 50% off.......
Right- I would probably have to switch it up from month to month- or maybe instead of free guest gift, I should say Promotional guest gift of the month. Any other freebie ideas you guys have that might make this sound like a good deal?

I am working on a June $200 Father's day one right now. I'm afraid we're running a little close for Mother's day.

Any other ideas or anyone else tried this before?

I also considered the idea of purchasing the product and having it sent to me and putting them in a cool basket, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea- maybe I should show it with a basket on picture and suggest it as an idea for the customer to buy a cute basket to go with the product if it's a gift for someone...

thats an awesome idea .. how would you promote it though? advertize it? if you come up with a flyer or something, let me know .. i'm so not creative! i really like it though and it gives people an easier choice, than just looking at allthe products and thinking they dont know where to start!

I learned about doing this when I first started. I never put it together though because I got bogged down in creating the baskets and staying within the budget without leaving out anything essential. Then the season changes and the specials change. I guess I can use yours :)!!

Ok- I added a few and noted the actual amount each was without the freebies at the bottom- I suppose it's up to you if you wanted to comp that extra $1 or two with the freebies or let customers pay the extra.
I just figured for advertising that I"d print several off and let them float through the rooms at shows for ideas. Put a promotional number/name so that when the customer put it on their sheet, they'd see it. I also considered printing them off to stick in books in case I passed them out for catalog shows, etc.

I'm also trying to figure out how to put the grilling planks into the grilling/outdoor packages, but I hate to get rid of the other things.
I'm up for any other ideas if anyone thinks that something I've put in won't do as well and that another item would be better and still stay in the budget of the package.

Starter Package (For those who’re first experiencing Pampered Chef and need the Pampered Chef “ first musts”)- $101.50
Food Chopper $29.50
Medium round Pizza Stone $19.00
Medium and Rectangle Rack $3.75
Small mix n scraper $11
Classic scraper $10
Pizza Cutter $8.75
Handy Scraper $6
Stackable cooling Rack $13.50
Promotional guest gift of the month
Free Paring knife

Crazy about tools Package ($100)
Pizza cutter $8.75
Garlic press $15.75
Small Mix-n-scraper $11
Classic Scraper $10
Stainless Whisk $12.50
The Corer $10.25
Slice N Serve $7
Mini-Serving Spatula $4
Ice Cream Dipper $13
Bamboo Spoon Set $6.50
Paring knife $1.25
Free Citrus Peeler

All Things New ($100.50)
Salad Chopper $25
Trifle Bowl $39
Mix N Chop $9
Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoons $12
Easy Adjustable Measuring Cups $15.50
Free citrus peeler

Must Haves Package ($100.50)
Tool Turn About $17
Food Chopper $29.50
5” Utility Knife $32
Medium Bar Pan $22
Free Paring knife

$100 Summer Package May ($100.25)
BBQ Basting Bottle $14
Outdoor Party Plates $12
Outdoor Utensil Set $ 15
Chillzanne Rectangular Server $35
Rub of choice $3.75
Season’s Best cookbook $1
Free Paring knife
Free Citrus peeler

$200 Summer/Father’s Day Package June (Actually totals $202.75)
BBQ Jumbo Turner $17.50
BBQ Turner $16.50
BBQ Tongs $17.25
BBQ Basting Brush $13.50
BBQ Fork $12
Grill Cleaning Brush $12.25
BBQ Tool Bag $15
Great Grilling Recipe Collection $17.25
Outdoor Party Plates $12
Outdoor Utensil Set $ 15
Chillzanne Rectangular Server $35
Free Season’s Best cookbook
Free BBQ Basting Bottle (June Guest special)

I would make the Large Stone part of the starter package instead of the Medium one.

And I always sell Handy Scrapers in sets of 2. I think one is pretty useless.

I think this is a great idea. You would dip into your commision, but for the $200 one you might sweeten the pot by deducting 10%--$200 at least by my experience is a pretty big order.

The only other suggestion I would add is with your other sets, maybe think about not having overlapping items--then someone who has already bought the starter set might be a future customer for the tools set, etc. Although you could always just do substitutions I guess.

DebbieJ said:
I would make the Large Stone part of the starter package instead of the Medium one.

And I always sell Handy Scrapers in sets of 2. I think one is pretty useless.

Really? I guess I've never seen 2 used at once. Most shows I ever went to only used 1.
The large stone is an idea. I guess I have always felt like the medium stone was just perfect for me and for pizzas. I"ll have to consider that.

And I see what you're saying about overlapping items. I might look into that a little.
Great ideas- thanks.

When you have two, you can use them together as little shovels to pick stuff up off the cutting board and put it in whatever dish you're making without having to touch the food.

And about the stone--#1 it's for more than just pizza, so don't think about pizza sizes and #2 you can do smaller things on a large stone, but you can't do bigger things on a medium stone. I sell Large Bar Pans like crazy using the same logic. :)

Wow. I must be real cheap. I would never dream of spending more than $50 for Father's Day. And if my husband spent $200 on me for Mother's Day, I would return it. It's just not in the budget.....

DebbieJ said:
When you have two, you can use them together as little shovels to pick stuff up off the cutting board and put it in whatever dish you're making without having to touch the food.
I always use two, too, just so I don't have to touch the food as much. Especially at shows, but even at home for my own cooking, too. I do tend to sell more pairs than singles!!! I love using two.

I agree wtih you, Bee. I think a few key pieces could be taken out of that package to make it more reasonably priced - like one of the turners, and the basting brush (since the other one is the special), the Chillzanne, and the pitcher to name a few. And maybe replace the grilling collection with the grill recipe cards? Just a thought...

I sometimes make a basket according to my top 10 sell list. It usually contains everyones favorite products, and is fairly inexpensive!

Yeah- I did worry a little about the price, I wasn't sure. Like I say, I am kinda going off the Mary Kay thought too- they have $200 and $300 packages for these women. I'm just thinking that if someone would be willing to buy that much for that, then why not this...

An idea I am working here in my brain too is that I can buy a small 1/2 inch binder, and have a look-book of packages. Like one package on each page with a picture of the items on it. Start out with $50 small packages of maybe the lower priced tools and ideas, then a few pages of $100 packages, and then a couple pages of $200 packages, in case someone was actually willing to spend that much.

pchefkristin said:
I sometimes make a basket according to my top 10 sell list. It usually contains everyones favorite products, and is fairly inexpensive!

That's a good idea- do you buy all the products for it and sell it right there at the show- or offer it on paper and buy the products then? What products do you usually include?

I actually made up a flyer the other day for this. I'm not real creative and I'm totally graphics challenged but I'll try to attach it for you.

Dangit, don't know why I can't upload. For some reason my Word saved it as .docx not .doc :(

I was thinking about listing my top 10 list too and group them or just list them so people can see what the popular faves are?!

You might want to consider adding one of the cutting boards to a package that has a chopper so people don't ruin their chopper by chopping on a plate or pan that will dull the blades.

I'll have to look in my files & see if I can find some info I had on packages from a few years ago that could be re-done with current products. I know I have seen something like this for holiday shopping.

Stampaholic1961 said:
You might want to consider adding one of the cutting boards to a package that has a chopper so people don't ruin their chopper by chopping on a plate or pan that will dull the blades.

I'll have to look in my files & see if I can find some info I had on packages from a few years ago that could be re-done with current products. I know I have seen something like this for holiday shopping.

As for discount with large purchases, I would never give 10%. I reserve the 10% for past hostess. I would give $4.00 shipping or up to 5%.

I am currently working on a excel sheet that figures subtotal of some packages with shipping and my tax area. Then figures my commission, that way I can decide how much commission I want to give up. I will post what I have a little later.

Some packages I would not offer if anitem is going to be on special.

I want to make a flyer for each package.

I plan to select 3-5 packages a month to place in host folder (outside orders) and then I may have more in Special Package Folder at shows.

I am including pantry items in some packages, to increase my sales.
One package is Oil Dipping Package and another Baker's Delight Package.
I'll list today.

Work in Progess.

Charlene

Excell Attachment-work in process still
cbord said:
As for discount with large purchases, I would never give 10%. I reserve the 10% for past hostess. I would give $4.00 shipping or up to 5%.

I am currently working on a excel sheet that figures subtotal of some packages with shipping and my tax area. Then figures my commission, that way I can decide how much commission I want to give up. I will post what I have a little later.

Some packages I would not offer if anitem is going to be on special.

I want to make a flyer for each package.

I plan to select 3-5 packages a month to place in host folder (outside orders) and then I may have more in Special Package Folder at shows.

I am including pantry items in some packages, to increase my sales.
One package is Oil Dipping Package and another Baker's Delight Package.
I'll list today.

Work in Progess.

Charlene

This is just to give you an idea,

How to attach a file?I thought I attached the file but its not here.
help
Charlene

Creative Bakers May 2007 Package Special details
Stampaholic1961 said:

Here's one package details. I figured out the attachment problem.
Charlene

Attachments

• Creative Bakers Package for May 2007.doc
    48 KB · Views: 336
Ugh! I kept trying to post to this message and it wouldn't let me! I had a HUGE reply written and now I accidentally erased it!!

To make a long story short...now that I am mad that I messed around with this for 20 minutes and don't have anything to show for it....

I am doing these too.
Attached is my OOF (thanks JK!!) and my Party Packages

Attachments

• OOF April 2007- Jennifer's Knapp's Creation with party packages.doc
    366 KB · Views: 428
  • Party Packages for flip chart.doc
    28 KB · Views: 473
I lost one of my messages yesterday. I wasn't very happy and ended up not posting anything on that thread... no time left...

i really like this idea! thanks!! I am going to have to make some for my next show.

Flyer attached for Creative Bakers' Special
cbord said:
Here's one package details. I figured out the attachment problem.
Charlene

Remember to adjust your special to fit how much commission you're going to give up.

Charlene

Attachments

• Creative bakers' flyer may 2007.doc
    133 KB · Views: 387
Charlene~

Your May Package flyer looks very nice!

Don't forget...just because you make a package, you don't have to discount it!

The lady (Julie Weiss) that does the Party Packages that I have started doesn't discount anything. Even at full price, it encourages those who are unsure of what to get to just get a package. She says her order and show average went up once she used packages.

I am not telling you NOT to discount them. Just think about it. You don't have to give away any of your commission if you don't really want to! That's the beauty of our businesses...we can do what we want! I just wanted everyone to look at it from both ways! :)

Dippers' Package FlyerHere's another package flyer with Oil Dipping Set.

As stated by Kelly, you don not have to discount.
I am this month to help my hostess get more stuff.

I probably will change from month to month.

For June and July promotion I am planning on discounting in order to reach sales goal.

Attachments

• Dippers Package.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 389
Guys- these are great! I love these ideas. Can't wait to use them or similar ones. Do you guys mind if others use them also? Just making sure they aren't copyrighted, etc...

Welcome to use any of my flyers.Here's a few more-check addition and for errors.

Attachments

• American Cancer Society Package 2007.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 368
  • Chillzanne Package.doc
    44 KB · Views: 344
  • Wine & Cheese Package 2007.doc
    63.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Chefs Tools package 2007.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Woven Package 2007.doc
    39 KB · Views: 282
One more for today.
cbord said:
Here's a few more-check addition and for errors.
Maybe a few more tomorrow.

Attachments

• Dots Package 2007.doc
    40 KB · Views: 386
Does anyone know why my Word2007 saved my flyer in .docx ?
Is it because I'm using the trial version?

okay, going to try again

YEAH!! It worked. Hope you'll like it :)

Attachments

• Gift Sets flyer doc.doc
    181.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
How about offering the current and or older host half price selection packages -- we already have great pictures of them as sets.

KellyTheChef said:
Ugh! I kept trying to post to this message and it wouldn't let me! I had a HUGE reply written and now I accidentally erased it!!

To make a long story short...now that I am mad that I messed around with this for 20 minutes and don't have anything to show for it....

I am doing these too.
Attached is my OOF (thanks JK!!) and my Party Packages

One question, why is pkg #2 called Show Me The Freebies? Is it because the avg min to buy for a guest special is $60?

Kelly, I have a question. At the risk of sounding dumb....why is a package called show me the freebies? Am I missing something? Otherwise I LOVE your ideas and I can't wait to try them at my next show!

clshirk said:
That's a good idea- do you buy all the products for it and sell it right there at the show- or offer it on paper and buy the products then? What products do you usually include?

I do up a basket with what I have in stock, and then put it on an order for them.

Obviously everyone Top 10 items differ... I know you can check what yours is on the old PP program under reports (top sellers list)
My list is as follows:

Large MicroCooker ~ $9
Seasons Best ~ $1
Can Strainer ~ $4
Food Chopper ~ $29.50
Stackable Cooling Rack ~ $13.50
Bamboo Tongs ~ $2.00
Medium Scoop ~ $11.00
Smooth Edge Can Opener ~ $17.50
Mini Serving Spatula ~ $4.00
Large Bar Pan ~ $29.50

Total of $121.00

You could certainly do just your top 5 or whatever though.

I love the package ideas, I was thinking about doing a Mothers Day package and a Fathers Day package. Im not sure what you would put in them but it sounded fun. I know with a fathers day package, It would be mostly barbeque stuff. I dont know just an Idea.

here's another package flyer...Hi!
I'm kinda flyer crazy, so I put this one together. It has Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduation, summer entertaining, all kinds of stuff. Let me know if it came thru ok! :)

Attachments

• Packages flyer1.pdf
    223.1 KB · Views: 276
That is a great flyer!! I love it!
Can someone change it to Word?

I like your flyer, Kris. You'll want to fix a typo, though. In the Beautiful Baking and Serving package, "Please" is missing it's "L."

Yikes! Thanks!! :)
Fixed it...here ya go.

Attachments

• Packages flyer1.pdf
    223.1 KB · Views: 313
Any chance one of you savey folks out there can change this to Word or not?

I can try copy/pasting it...

not working out real well...does anyone know how to convert this? I actually created it in Publisher and was able to convert it to a pdf...but it won't go into a Word doc with all the pics.

<h2>1. What are the benefits of offering package deals for Pampered Chef products?</h2><p>Package deals can be a great way to entice customers to purchase more products at once. By bundling products together, customers may feel like they are getting a better deal and are more likely to make a larger purchase. It can also help introduce customers to products they may not have considered before.</p><h2>2. How can I come up with creative and marketable package deals for Pampered Chef products?</h2><p>One way to come up with package deals is to think about what products complement each other. For example, a set of kitchen knives and a cutting board could make a great package. You can also use seasonal or holiday themes to create special packages that will appeal to customers.</p><h2>3. What are some examples of package deals that have been successful for Pampered Chef consultants?</h2><p>Some successful package deals for Pampered Chef consultants have included a starter package for new customers, holiday-themed packages, and packages featuring popular products like the food chopper or round stone. You can also ask other consultants for ideas or look at what packages are being offered on the Pampered Chef website.</p><h2>4. Can I customize my package deals to target specific customers or occasions?</h2><p>Absolutely! Customizing your package deals is a great way to target specific customers or occasions. For example, you could offer a bridal shower package that includes kitchen essentials for a newlywed couple, or a family-friendly package that includes kid-friendly cooking tools and recipes.</p><h2>5. How can I market my package deals effectively?</h2><p>There are several ways to effectively market your package deals. Social media is a great platform to showcase your packages and reach a wider audience. You can also promote your packages at in-person events, such as home parties or local fairs. Additionally, offering limited-time discounts or special perks for purchasing a package can help generate interest and boost sales.</p>

1. What are the benefits of offering package deals for Pampered Chef products?

Package deals can be a great way to entice customers to purchase more products at once. By bundling products together, customers may feel like they are getting a better deal and are more likely to make a larger purchase. It can also help introduce customers to products they may not have considered before.

2. How can I come up with creative and marketable package deals for Pampered Chef products?

One way to come up with package deals is to think about what products complement each other. For example, a set of kitchen knives and a cutting board could make a great package. You can also use seasonal or holiday themes to create special packages that will appeal to customers.

3. What are some examples of package deals that have been successful for Pampered Chef consultants?

Some successful package deals for Pampered Chef consultants have included a starter package for new customers, holiday-themed packages, and packages featuring popular products like the food chopper or round stone. You can also ask other consultants for ideas or look at what packages are being offered on the Pampered Chef website.

4. Can I customize my package deals to target specific customers or occasions?

Absolutely! Customizing your package deals is a great way to target specific customers or occasions. For example, you could offer a bridal shower package that includes kitchen essentials for a newlywed couple, or a family-friendly package that includes kid-friendly cooking tools and recipes.

5. How can I market my package deals effectively?

There are several ways to effectively market your package deals. Social media is a great platform to showcase your packages and reach a wider audience. You can also promote your packages at in-person events, such as home parties or local fairs. Additionally, offering limited-time discounts or special perks for purchasing a package can help generate interest and boost sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • PC_Megan
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • gilchrist_pchef