• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea for Getting November Bookings

In summary, The conversation is about sharing and trying out a simple and impressive cake recipe using a combination of devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, oil, water, and egg. The recipe can be made in various sizes of bowls and mugs and only takes one minute in the microwave. The original poster plans to try it out before sharing it at a show and others in the conversation have already tried it and found it to be delicious. There is also a tip to use a towel when serving the cake as the glass can be hot.
chefann said:
I'm presenting these at a meeting tomorrow, as a gift idea (especially with the SA on sale). Has anyone sold a "kit" done up (mug with a bag of mix and instructions, wrapped)? If so, what did you charge? I was thinking $15, if it included a mini bamboo spoon tied into the bow. $10 is a nice even amount, but it barely covers cellophane and ribbon on top of the cup.

I would pay $15 for that! Can I place an order? ;)

giggle... I like $15, because there's still profit in that number, to cover my time to combine and measure out the mix, bag it, and wrap the whole thing. Not to mention ribbon, cello, baggie, cake mix, pudding mix... And if I get a roll of nice fabric ribbon, it will look really classy.

$15 sounds fair.

Did you use the small or big box of instant pudding?
Andrea

I mixed the 4-serving size instant pudding with a standard cake mix. And got 8 baggies of mix from that (1/2 cup each). So I put 2 bags of mix into the mug and wrapped it in cellophane. It's so cute!

It just occured to me that this single-serving approach could also be used with fat free "No Pudge" brownie mix. Not sure if it's available everywhere, but I get it at Trader Joe's. There's instructions right on the pink box for single-serv microwaving. :)

chefann said:
I mixed the 4-serving size instant pudding with a standard cake mix. And got 8 baggies of mix from that (1/2 cup each). So I put 2 bags of mix into the mug and wrapped it in cellophane. It's so cute!

Ann, what else could you use besides the mug?

Denarella said:
Ann, what else could you use besides the mug?

Not Ann - but I do know you can also use the small square bowls, or the small dots bowls, too.

ChefBeckyD said:
Not Ann - but I do know you can also use the small square bowls, or the small dots bowls, too.

Thank you!

I printed the flyer posted on another thread here on post cards and told my guests at my show last night about the great gift idea. They loved it. Only one bought the bowls though.
I am doing a gift bazzar soon and I might do up a couple of these because they are easier than the batter bowl mixes.

Ann do you use the fabric like you would use the celephane?

Anything that holds 2 cups would work - Small Bowls, mugs, dots small bowls. I did one up in a white small bowl, because I was out of cellophane and it fit into a clear gift bag I had. If I have a chance, I'll take a pic of them before I head out to my meeting tonight.Jennifer, I'm not using fabric, but you could. I'm using nice fabric ribbon on them - it's more substantial than curling ribbon. :)

<h2>1. What is the "Idea for Getting November Bookings" at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The idea is a simple and impressive demonstration using Pampered Chef's Simple Additions products to make a single serving of chocolate cake in just one minute using a microwave.</p><h2>2. What ingredients are needed for this demonstration?</h2><p>You will need a box of devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, oil, water, and an egg.</p><h2>3. How do I make the chocolate cake in a mug?</h2><p>Mix the cake mix and chocolate pudding together in a ziplock freezer bag. Scoop out ½ cup of the mixture and place in either a small dots bowl, small white square bowl, or dots or plain white mug. Add the egg, oil, and water, and mix together in the bowl or mug. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.</p><h2>4. Can I make this demonstration at my own show before trying it at a show?</h2><p>Yes, it is recommended to try out the demonstration yourself before presenting it to a group.</p><h2>5. How can I make this demonstration even more impressive?</h2><p>Serve the single serving of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge on top to make it a delicious sundae. Also, provide each guest with a plastic spoon to taste the cake.</p>

1. What is the "Idea for Getting November Bookings" at Pampered Chef?

The idea is a simple and impressive demonstration using Pampered Chef's Simple Additions products to make a single serving of chocolate cake in just one minute using a microwave.

2. What ingredients are needed for this demonstration?

You will need a box of devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, oil, water, and an egg.

3. How do I make the chocolate cake in a mug?

Mix the cake mix and chocolate pudding together in a ziplock freezer bag. Scoop out ½ cup of the mixture and place in either a small dots bowl, small white square bowl, or dots or plain white mug. Add the egg, oil, and water, and mix together in the bowl or mug. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.

4. Can I make this demonstration at my own show before trying it at a show?

Yes, it is recommended to try out the demonstration yourself before presenting it to a group.

5. How can I make this demonstration even more impressive?

Serve the single serving of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge on top to make it a delicious sundae. Also, provide each guest with a plastic spoon to taste the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • riggs62
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Butterfly15
Replies
Views
tina617