• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea for Getting November Bookings

In summary, The conversation is about sharing and trying out a simple and impressive cake recipe using a combination of devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, oil, water, and egg. The recipe can be made in various sizes of bowls and mugs and only takes one minute in the microwave. The original poster plans to try it out before sharing it at a show and others in the conversation have already tried it and found it to be delicious. There is also a tip to use a towel when serving the cake as the glass can be hot.
lorilynn
I am not much of a poster, but I LOVE to read all the great tips everyone always has. I finally have something to share...

My upline sent this one to us via email. I plan to try it out myself before I try it at a show. Below is what she sent...

Here is a major WOW moment with a very simple little demo that you can do at your shows starting now to show off Simple Additions.

You will need:

1 box of devils food cake mix
1 package of instant chocolate pudding
1 T. oil
1 T. water
1 egg

Mix the cake mix and chocolate pudding together in a ziplock freezer bag.
Scoop out ½ cup of the mixture and place in either a small dots bowl, or
Small white square bowl, or dots or plain white mug (any of those will
work). Add the egg, 1 T. oil, 1 T. water and mix together in the bowl (or
mug). Microwave on high for 60 seconds. In 1 minute in the microwave you
have a moist single serving of chocolate cake! If you add vanilla ice cream
and hot fudge on top it’s a sundae!! J

This will absolutely AMAZE the guests at your show. Give each guest a
plastic spoon and have them take a taste!

That sounds neat. I will have to give that a try.

Missydivine posted this recently also and I think its such a great idea! Thanks again for sharing b/c I wasn't sure if it would work in the small bowl (don't have the mugs yet).

I'm confused. It sounds like you mix up the dry ingrediants, but only use it in 1/2 cup intervals as desired. If so, when you add the wet ingrediants, how many individual servings does it make? It can't be a whole egg for each serving, right?

lauraP2000 said:
I'm confused. It sounds like you mix up the dry ingrediants, but only use it in 1/2 cup intervals as desired. If so, when you add the wet ingrediants, how many individual servings does it make? It can't be a whole egg for each serving, right?

I had that same thought myself, that is why tomorrow I will buy the ingrediants and try it for myself. My director swears it works and is Great.
I will post again after I try it.

LoriLynn

That sounds really good! I will have to try that.

It is one egg per 1/2 cup of mix in a cup or bowl (plus the 1 T oil & water). And it is really good!

Hey, I don't eat one every day but one egg for breakfast isn't a lot and what a wonderful way to eat that egg! :p

I have never used egg substitute but I would guess you could use that for those that would be upset about the amount of egg?

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:
Okay, I just made this again to test it out with the different bowls we have.

The small dots is 2 cups, mug is 2 cups and the small square bowl is 1 1/2 cups. The prep bowl is 1 cup. I made it in the small dots bowl and in 2 prep bowls.

I followed the directions exactly for the dots bowl, mixing it right in the bowl with the miniwhip. (tell them to wipe the edge of the bowl before microwaving - chefs do that all the time) 1 minute in microwave = perfect.

I then combined the mix in one prep bowl with the mini-whipper and poured half in a second prep bowl, wiped the edges of the one I mixed it with and used a skinny scraper to get the batter off the walls of the bowl and down into the bowl. Microwaved both at the same time for 1 minute = perfect!

We don't do desserts especially cakes because ...well we just don't need the rest of it once we had the one piece so this is perfect for people like us or singles or kids in dorms or....

One other tip: If you are going to pass it around for taste testing at a show be sure to hand it to them with a towel - the glass is quite warm at first!

I read this post last night at 1:30am, the only thing that stopped me from trying it was that I didn't want to make noise in the kitchen in case to wake the kids. But I tried it first thing this morning in the small square bowls that you use with the small bowl caddy. I didn't mix in bowl because I wanted to see how the batter consistency was going to be. But I followed the recipe exactly and it came out great. In fact I waited a couple of minutes and turned the cake out onto another plate and tried decorating it and it came out so pretty and it tasted awesome!

I tried this last night in the coffee & more cups. YUM!!!!!! I've heard the recipe before but never tried it, but I actually had the mixes here already. I'm going to wait until I buy ice cream before I make it again!

I think I will make this at the beginning of my November shows & pass around with spoons--kind of like what they do at Tastefully Simple shows. A nice taste of chocolate to temp the palate before the main demo!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I tried this last night in the coffee & more cups. YUM!!!!!! I've heard the recipe before but never tried it, but I actually had the mixes here already. I'm going to wait until I buy ice cream before I make it again!

I think I will make this at the beginning of my November shows & pass around with spoons--kind of like what they do at Tastefully Simple shows. A nice taste of chocolate to temp the palate before the main demo!
I'm going to do that but I am going to add some warm fudge topping.

My son's birthday is Thursday and he's in a dorm so I'm going to give him a packet and square bowl (although he does already have 2 prep bowls there already...) with a candle so he has a cake on the day. I'll have to bring the oil and egg too though. He does have a fridge but doesn't keep eggs. I gave him a bunch of PC for his dorm and he says he has used most of it. He even said he saved the day for some girls who wanted to make cookies by letting them use his small round stone and small bar pan for them. Then last time we went to the grocery for him he had to pick up some cookies in the refrigerator section to make some himself.

If you do this at your show, put one medium scoop of frosting on top and when it bakes in the microwave it will go to the bottom so when you turn it out on a medium square plate it will already be frosted. It's GREAT! I have used it as my Host gift and drawing prize too.

So Beth, did you do this with the prep bowls? What are the measurements for that?

janetupnorth said:
So Beth, did you do this with the prep bowls? What are the measurements for that?
I used the 1/2 cup of mix because it's hard to use 1/2 egg.:p

I mixed it all together in one of the prep bowls and then poured half into the second bowl and microwaved them at the same time for 1 minute. They came out exactly as the one in the larger bowl did. (we need a smilie that is licking it's lips!)

our favorite winter treat (or really anytime!!!) Put a couple heaping small scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough in a SA small square. I use our small scoop. Microwave 15-20 seconds. Top with vanilla icecream and some hot fudge or chocolate syrup. Out of this world....

thebowman said:
If you do this at your show, put one medium scoop of frosting on top and when it bakes in the microwave it will go to the bottom so when you turn it out on a medium square plate it will already be frosted. It's GREAT! I have used it as my Host gift and drawing prize too.

Oooh.....yum! I need to get some frosting at the store now! What a great way to begin a show! I love the idea of turning it out on the medium square.

Sorry, very dense over here. The first post says that you scoop out 1/2 c mix and add 1 egg, 1T oil and 1 T water - this is per bowl. Is this correct or is it supposed to be 1 c mix with 1 egg, 1T oil and 1T water (that's what I'm reading from Beth?).

Again - sorry. I'm sooooo confused!

dianevill said:
Sorry, very dense over here. The first post says that you scoop out 1/2 c mix and add 1 egg, 1T oil and 1 T water - this is per bowl. Is this correct or is it supposed to be 1 c mix with 1 egg, 1T oil and 1T water (that's what I'm reading from Beth?).

Again - sorry. I'm sooooo confused!
No it's 1/2 cup of the mix, 1 egg, 1 T. oil, 1 T. water. Let me check my post and edit it if it's wrong! :eek:

Edit: Okay, I said "per cup" but I meant per container that the recipe is made in. I changed it to be more clear.

Last edited:
Thank you - I get confused easily:confused: :D

Hi I just got home from a show. I made the little cake in the square bowl. It was great! I sold a set of bowls to everyone there and booked a November show, so they can get more at a discount! Super idea and could not have come at a better time! I have 4 more shows this week, and I am going to make one for every show.
Thank You so much for sharing.
Tandy

Dumb ?? I'm sureDo you have to "grease" the bowl/Cup first??

I'm thinking of taking and making some of these, and bagging one up and making with pretty card/decoration on it and set on table and then make one and show them how they can buy either the mugs/bowl/whatever to make these and give as gifts for teachers, etc. at Christmas.

Or is that a dumb idea??

Lisa

No, you don't grease the cup/bowl.I tend to eat them without any frosting on them, cause the pudding in the mix makes them so moist!

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing......now off to the store to get some cake mixes:p

Ok, I know this may be a dumb question, but the cake mix and pudding mix is all dry ingredients in the zip lock bag? I take 1/2 cup of this and put in small sq bowl and mix 1 egg, 1T oil and 1T water. Do I spray the bowls with mon stick spray?

Oopps posted before I read these previous posts.

SORRY! :)

Great idea to bag it! I think I will bag it and offer to show bookings that night!

I made the microwave cake for my DH last night and he loved it. Said it tasted like a regular cake. I don't like chocolate cake but I did try a little bit of it and it did taste like cake. Are there any other recipes using other cake mixes? Like white and vanilla pudding?

So at your OCT shows how will you tie this demo in to getting the NOV shows. Buy saying the SA is our host and guest specials? Do you have a "dialogue"?

I've tried the brownies in the prep bowls and they're awesome. Just prepare them as the box says, divide into prep bowls and microwave each one individually for 1 minute. Pure bliss! Dollop with a scoop of vanilla ice cream while still warm. YUMM!!

What brownies Jeni?

Just an average box of brownies. Mix it up as directed and split between the prep bowls. Fill about half to three quarters. There may be a little extra brownie mix left.

Alternate cake/pudding mixes for the Cake in a Cup recipe that would be great this time of year:

Spice cake and Cheesecake pudding. - great with creamcheese frosting.

Yellow cake and pumpkin spice pudding - also great with cream cheese frosting (and some caramel sprinkles mixed in!)
Lemon cake and lemon pudding
Cherry chip cake and cheesecake pudding
Yellow cake and butterscotch pudding

This sounds like a super simple demo~can't wait to try it!!

Maybe my microwave is off....one side of my cake wasn't quite done; I nuked it for a bit longer, but it was still gooey on top of that side. ???

I made these last night and by far the better recipe was with a scoop of frosting in the mix before you nuke it. When I turned it out it looked amazing. I am doing this at my show tonight in addition to my other recipes in the micro.

I'd love to hear ideas on word choices for Nov booking using this recipe!

It's my son's birthday today and we are going up to see him in a play tonight 9he's in college) so I am doing a carrot cake mix with cheesecake pudding. I'll add creamcheese frosting and some cinnamon sprinkles (and of course a candle)! I'm sure he'll be thrilled - only problem is he won't have any to share with the other guys in his dorm.

...hmmmm maybe I have to re-think that and do a whole cake so he can share after all! I know! (need a lightbulb smiley) I'll make the cake in the fluted pan but take out just enough to make him an individual one too!

How many cakes in the small square bowls do you make for a party?

chefjwr said:
How many cakes in the small square bowls do you make for a party?
I just do one and pass it around for those who want to get a taste (everyone has their own (clean :eek: ) spoon).

Okay - I am SOOO not a microwave cake person, but I just tried this with a Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake Mix, White Chocolate Pudding, and Dark Chocolate Fudge frosting......Yummy! I'm doing it in my intro for my show tonight.:thumbup:

I have done this for 3 shows this month.
I make them in the Dot's Coffee & More SA cups and then invert them onto the SA Small Squares w/ Cranberry Accent.
They have been a HUGE rave.
No bookings for it, but HUGE raves!

If you are using a Supermoist Cake mix...do you still add the pudding mix?

ok~you got my attention...I'm having a chocolate craving so I'm off to the kitchen to see what kind of cake mixes I have & give it a try!! :D My microwave is an old junky one though~so should I up the time a bit?? :confused: Wish me luck!!

sarahlegare said:
ok~you got my attention...I'm having a chocolate craving so I'm off to the kitchen to see what kind of cake mixes I have & give it a try!! :D My microwave is an old junky one though~so should I up the time a bit?? :confused: Wish me luck!!

I did this last night at a show - the microwave was older & lower wattage. It took about 90 seconds.

What size square bowl did you use?

I used the Dots Coffee & More Cup.

I did this at my show last nite and it was a great hit!! Sold 3 prep bowl sets. Plus the cake was yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!

roxylady said:
What size square bowl did you use?

I tried it in the small square bowl & the coffee & more cups. To eat out of the bowl, I liked the coffee & more cups better. But it might be easier to turn it out onto a small square with the small bowl.

Can somebody please tell me what you mean by a package of instant chocolate pudding????? Being in England, I'm not always sure of what you're talking about!!! This sounds brilliant and I would love to try it so please let me know!! Many many thanks..... Jean

That's a tough one. :) Pudding in this sense is a very American dessert. It's a soft, sweet, spoonable item, like custard but without the eggs. Instant pudding is a powdered mix that, when combined with milk and whipped, makes pudding in a few minutes. The most common name brand here in the states is Jello brand.

I'm presenting these at a meeting tomorrow, as a gift idea (especially with the SA on sale). Has anyone sold a "kit" done up (mug with a bag of mix and instructions, wrapped)? If so, what did you charge? I was thinking $15, if it included a mini bamboo spoon tied into the bow. $10 is a nice even amount, but it barely covers cellophane and ribbon on top of the cup.

<h2>1. What is the "Idea for Getting November Bookings" at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The idea is a simple and impressive demonstration using Pampered Chef's Simple Additions products to make a single serving of chocolate cake in just one minute using a microwave.</p><h2>2. What ingredients are needed for this demonstration?</h2><p>You will need a box of devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, oil, water, and an egg.</p><h2>3. How do I make the chocolate cake in a mug?</h2><p>Mix the cake mix and chocolate pudding together in a ziplock freezer bag. Scoop out ½ cup of the mixture and place in either a small dots bowl, small white square bowl, or dots or plain white mug. Add the egg, oil, and water, and mix together in the bowl or mug. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.</p><h2>4. Can I make this demonstration at my own show before trying it at a show?</h2><p>Yes, it is recommended to try out the demonstration yourself before presenting it to a group.</p><h2>5. How can I make this demonstration even more impressive?</h2><p>Serve the single serving of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge on top to make it a delicious sundae. Also, provide each guest with a plastic spoon to taste the cake.</p>

1. What is the "Idea for Getting November Bookings" at Pampered Chef?

The idea is a simple and impressive demonstration using Pampered Chef's Simple Additions products to make a single serving of chocolate cake in just one minute using a microwave.

2. What ingredients are needed for this demonstration?

You will need a box of devils food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, oil, water, and an egg.

3. How do I make the chocolate cake in a mug?

Mix the cake mix and chocolate pudding together in a ziplock freezer bag. Scoop out ½ cup of the mixture and place in either a small dots bowl, small white square bowl, or dots or plain white mug. Add the egg, oil, and water, and mix together in the bowl or mug. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.

4. Can I make this demonstration at my own show before trying it at a show?

Yes, it is recommended to try out the demonstration yourself before presenting it to a group.

5. How can I make this demonstration even more impressive?

Serve the single serving of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge on top to make it a delicious sundae. Also, provide each guest with a plastic spoon to taste the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • riggs62
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Butterfly15
Replies
Views
tina617