• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make Delicious 60-Second Cakes with Heart Dish: Cake Mix Recipe

I'll stick to the recipe as written.I also tried it tonight with the frosting and it oozed all over my microwave. :yuck: I'll stick to the recipe as written.
StacieB
Gold Member
Last night at my cluster meeting, we got the best tip for use of the heart dish to make a 60 sec cake at shows.

Cake Mix:

1 box cake mix (reg 9x13 size) any flavor

1 box instant pudding (4 serv. size) any flavor

Mix together in large ziploc bag. Use 1/2 c. mix for individual cakes.

For Cake:

1/2 c. mix

1 T oil

1 T water

1 egg

Mix ingredients, pour in SA heart bowl (or small bowls) and microwave for 60 seconds. Invert onto plate and serve.

Thanks Lynette for the great tip!! Enjoy all!!

Looks yummy! Talk about getting your eggs in for the day!

I should do this at home, we always buy those Betty Crocker microwave cake but they are so expensive. I can keep a ziploc bag of the mix around and just add to as needed. Do you know how many 1 box of cake mix makes?

I saw this the other day on here, but you add a med scoop of prepared frosting after you mix it (don't mix after frosting) and it's like a lava cake!

If I remember right, the gal told me it makes about 8 cakes!!

wadesgirl said:
Looks yummy! Talk about getting your eggs in for the day!

I should do this at home, we always buy those Betty Crocker microwave cake but they are so expensive. I can keep a ziploc bag of the mix around and just add to as needed. Do you know how many 1 box of cake mix makes?

Can anyone tell me if we need to spray no-stick on the heart before we pour the batter in? I'm supposed to try this later tonight (testing it out for a show this week) and I don't want to waste the batter. :) I'm just worried the heart might not "release" the cake unless it's been sprayed. :)

That questions was asked last night about spraying and she said that she didn't spray it!!

That same recipe works in a SA mug and small bowl as well too. It's yummy!

StacieB said:
That questions was asked last night about spraying and she said that she didn't spray it!!

I sprayed mine.......just in case........;)

there is also a healthy one also you can make in a prep bowl or I did make 1 in the heart....there is a Fat Free Brownie Mix called "No Pudge" has about 4 different flavors.

4 tablespoons on mix
2 tablespoons of WW FF berry yogurt, mix together
microwave 1 min. 10 secs.:chef:

We tested these out at my cluster meeting the other night. We tried it both ways and it worked fine without spraying it.
We also tested it using chocolate chips instead of frosting and it worked well. The difference is if you are not going to eat it right away the chocolate hardens.
We added red sugar to vanilla frosting and it came out oozy pink on the cake. We also changed the recipe to a heaping tablespoon of frosting and it was delicious.

Does anyone know the item # for the Heart Bowl? I'm trying to add it to my OOF and cannot find the item # (remember CC is down right now).

The heart dish is #GN95

SA Heart Dish cakeDid you spray the dish with oil before baking in the Microwave?

No you don't need to spray it. It is very moist and if you let it sit for a minute or 2 it will flip right out.

redsoxgirl said:
I saw this the other day on here, but you add a med scoop of prepared frosting after you mix it (don't mix after frosting) and it's like a lava cake!

I tried it tonight with the frosting and it oozed all over my microwave. :yuck:

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any brand or flavor of cake mix for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for the amount of water, oil, and eggs needed.

2. Do I need to grease the heart dish before baking?

No, the heart dish is made with non-stick material, so greasing is not necessary. However, you can lightly spray it with cooking spray for easier removal of the cake.

3. How long should I microwave the cake for?

The cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. Generally, it takes about 60 seconds on high power to fully cook the cake. You can check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to the cake mix?

Yes, you can add in your favorite ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to the cake mix before microwaving. This will add more flavor and texture to your 60-second cake.

5. Can I make multiple cakes at once using the heart dish?

Yes, you can make multiple cakes by layering the batter in the heart dish. Just make sure not to fill it more than halfway to allow room for the cake to rise. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly if making multiple cakes at once.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies