• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Nachos: An Unproven Recipe for a Live Show

In summary, the conversation is about making a dessert called "Ice Cream Nachos" for a show tomorrow night. The recipe includes flour tortillas, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla ice cream, bananas, strawberries, pineapple, nuts, chocolate, cool whip, hot fudge, and caramel sauce. The steps involve baking the tortilla chips, preparing the fruits, toasting the nuts, melting the hot fudge and caramel, and assembling the final dish. It can also be served as a "nacho sundae" where everyone can build their own.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am making Ice Cream nachos for the first time ever at a show tomorrow night - I NEVER make a recipe at a show before testing it out at home - but I have no time to test this one out. Any tips or things I should know before I jump in and do this tomorrow night?

Sorry, I don't even know what this is!

Me, neither! but i want to. Somebody spill...................

ICE CREAM NACHOS

Ingredients:

flour tortillas
cinnamon
sugar
Vanilla ice cream
2-3 Bananas
1 lb. Strawberries
whole, fresh pineapple
Nuts
Chocolate bar
Cool whip
Hot Fudge
Caramel sauce

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix equal parts cinnamon and sugar in the FLOUR/SUGAR SHAKER.
3. Lay out 2 tortillas on the LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD. Brush with water using CHEF'S SILICONE BASTING BRUSH. Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
4. Using PIZZA CUTTER, cut tortillas into triangles. Transfer to LARGE BAR PAN (or any other flat stone). Bake for 8-10 mins or until brown and crisp.
5. Spread tortilla chips all over the RECTANGULAR PLATTER WITH HANDLES
6. Rinse strawberries in the MESH COLANDERS.
7. Use the CORE N MORE to remove stems and then slice with the EGG SLICER PLUS. Place sliced strawberries in 2 CUP PREP BOWL.
8. Slice bananas with the EGG SLICER PLUS and place in 2 CUP PREP BOWL.
9. Using the LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD and the FORGED CHEF’S KNIFE, cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and then cut in half horizontally (through the equator).
10. Cut both pieces of the pineapple using the PINEAPPLE WEDGER then cut the fruit into smaller chunks with the CHEF’S KNIFE.
11. Toast nuts in the 8" SAUTE PAN and then chop the nuts using the FOOD CHOPPER.
12. Using the SKINNY SCRAPER, place hot fudge in the SMALL MICROCOOKER and cook for 30-60 seconds until melted.
13. Place caramel dip in a 1 C PREP BOWL and microwave until warm/melted.
14. Using the MEDIUM SCOOP, fill the EASY ACCENT DECORATOR with Cool Whip.
15. Get the ice cream from the freezer and scoop on top of chips using the ICE CREAM DIPPER.
16. Add the strawberries, bananas, and pineapple on top of ice cream.
17. Top with Cool Whip in EASY ACCENT DECORATOR.
18. Use V-SHAPED CUTTER & SMALL BAMBOO SPOONS to drizzle hot fudge and caramel over all.
19. Garnish with chopped nuts and grate chocolate over the entire platter using the MICROPLANE ADJUSTABLE GRATER.
20. Serve using CHEF’S TOOLS SLOTTED TURNER OR SPOON.

Note: You can also keep all the components separate and have everyone build their own nacho sundae.

Hi there! Congrats on trying out a new recipe at your show tomorrow night! I totally understand the time crunch and not being able to test it out beforehand. Here are a few tips that might help:- Make sure to have all your ingredients and tools prepped and ready before the show starts. This will save you time and make the process smoother.
- If possible, try to have a practice run at home tonight. This will give you a chance to troubleshoot any issues and make any necessary adjustments.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help from your host or guests during the show. They can assist with assembling or passing out the nachos, freeing up some of your time.
- Have fun with it! Even if it doesn't turn out perfectly, your guests will appreciate the effort and the opportunity to try something new.
- And lastly, remember to always follow food safety guidelines, especially when working with ice cream. Keep it chilled until ready to serve and discard any leftovers.Good luck with your show tomorrow night! I'm sure your guests will love the ice cream nachos. Let us know how it goes!

What ingredients do I need for Ice Cream Nachos?

To make Ice Cream Nachos, you will need ice cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, crushed pretzels, and any other desired toppings such as sprinkles or nuts.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment. The recipe can be made using basic kitchen utensils such as a spoon, measuring cups, and a baking sheet.

Can I use any type of ice cream for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of ice cream for this recipe. Vanilla, chocolate, or any flavor of your choice will work well with the toppings.

How do I serve the Ice Cream Nachos?

After assembling the nachos, you can place them on a large platter or plate and serve them immediately. You can also serve them in individual bowls for easier portion control.

Can I make Ice Cream Nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time, but it is best to assemble the nachos just before serving to prevent the toppings from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheryl929
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies