• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Cream CuPampered Chefake Question

In summary, the conversation is about the Strawberry Cream Cupcakes from the new Simply Sweet Cookbook. The recipe calls for 2/3 cup of Strawberry ice cream topping, divided, but the measurements listed in the recipe do not add up to 2/3 cup. Some suggest that the drizzle of 1 tsp may be intended for each cupcake, while others have successfully made the cupcakes using extra topping in the Cool Whip mixture. The conversation also includes questions about the ease of making the cupcakes and positive reviews from those who have tried them.
kam
Staff member
These are the Strawberry Cream Cupcakes from the new Simply Sweet Cookbook.

I have never made these, but I will be making them tonight for work tomorrow. I am reading over the recipe and something does not make sense.

It calls for 2/3 cup Strawberry ice cream topping, divided.

The recipe calls for:
3 Tbsp to be mixed with the Cool Whip
1-1/2 Tbsp to be mixed with the Strawberries
1 tsp for drizzle

That comes to less than 5 Tbsp of Ice Cream Topping, yet the recipe calls for 2/3 cup. (Which should be around 10-1/2 Tbsp??? I seem to recall that 4 Tbsp = 1/4 cup.)

Have I missed something?

Has anyone made this, and which measurements do you use? The 3 Tbsp and 1-1/2 Tbsp?

Thanks!

OK, no help, I guess. :(
Maybe something gel-like measures differently.??

Kam, why don't you email the Test Kitchen with your question: [email protected]

RMDave said:
Kam, why don't you email the Test Kitchen with your question: [email protected]

I probably will at some point. It is just that I am making these for work tomorrow and was hoping someone has made these and there wasn't a typo in the cookbook. thanks!

Are you sure you're reading the recipe correctly? Sometimes it's easy to miss something farther down in the recipe. I don't have that cookbook so I can't help. :(

leftymac said:
Are you sure you're reading the recipe correctly? Sometimes it's easy to miss something farther down in the recipe. I don't have that cookbook so I can't help. :(

That's what I thought, too. At work I was reading a printout, but I double-checked in the cookbook when I got home.

Even the mLs don't make sense.

Ingredient list: strawberry topping 2/3 cup (150 mL)
Directions: Mix 3 Tbsp (45 mL) with Cool whip. Mix 1-1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) with strawberries......Drizzle 1 tsp (5 mL) topping over desserts.

It just seemed strange. This is why I was thinking I was missing a step. I'll mix it up in the moring before work and see what happens. (I won't care so much in the morning! haha)

Maybe you're supposed to drizzle 1 tsp (5 mL) on each cupcake?

RMDave said:

This is how I read it. Surely you wouldn't be able to distribute 1 teaspoon over 12 cupcakes!! That would be one drop on each cupcake, by the look of the picture, it is about 1 tsp. per cupcake!!

RMDave said:

Aha! That must be it! (5x12) Thanks!!!

I ended up using a little extra in the Cool Whip part. Couldn't resist!

I just went out to my car to try to find the cookbook..it is not there..then I remembered that it is in the catalog..LOL..anyway.

Step 4 says Right after it says about cutting the top off with a serrated knife it says. For each Serving........and the drizzle 1 tsp is after that. So that would say to me that it is 1 tsp per cupcake. but I agree it does read very confusingly.

Are they easy to make? I've been wanting to make them for our next family get together!

wadesgirl said:
Are they easy to make? I've been wanting to make them for our next family get together!

YES! :love: They are so good!!! I've made them in the mini muffin pan too!

What ingredients are needed to make Strawberry Cream Cupcakes?

The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Cream Cupcakes are:

• 1 box of vanilla cake mix
  • 1 cup of diced strawberries
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of strawberry extract

What kitchen tools are recommended for making Strawberry Cream Cupcakes?

The recommended kitchen tools for making Strawberry Cream Cupcakes are:

• Mixing bowls
  • Electric mixer
  • Cupcake pan
  • Cupcake liners
  • Spatula
  • Measuring cups and spoons
  • Piping bag and tip
  • Whisk
  • Cooling rack
  • Knife

Can I use fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe?

You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe. If using frozen strawberries, make sure to thaw and drain them before adding to the batter.

How many cupcakes does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 24 regular sized cupcakes or 12 jumbo cupcakes.

How should I store the leftover cupcakes?

The leftover cupcakes should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Teresa Lynn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies