• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Dipper Recall in March 2012 Consumer Report

In summary, PC made a voluntary recall of their dippers with the plastic caps that can fly off and the liquid going all over. Target pulled them, but others may still be out there.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Yep, we made this fabulous magazine. Did not see it but Pat saw it while out today at the doctors.

It is my husband's favorite magazine. Wonder what they said?

Tell Pat to stop reading when he is out and about! (Just kidding!)

I am still wondering if the manufacturer will recall the other ones they make. I would image they make them all the same, so why would the PC one being the only one with an isse? I know we have high standards (and I am glad we do.)

I am not sure they did not pull the others or will be. I have a paddle from the same company with the very same plastic end cap. I just asked Pat and no, they never mentioned pulling any of their other products. Maybe PC had to instigate this recall on their own.

it was likely a voluntary recall....so no one pushed it on them. So if there are other vendors of the same product, they wouldn't HAVE to recall the product.

I was at Target today. All the ice cream dippers with the plastic caps are gone. I could not find anyone to ask but I wonder if they are out, Target pulled them or the company recalled them too or what. I have paddle by the same company with the same plastic cap on it. Never had an issue and all of mine are well over 9 years old. Unless it was just newer ones? I may have missed that it was certain dates. It will be interesting to see if they come back to Target or not. I do like our new one. Dishwasher safe! No more hunting in the silverware rack to make sure it is not there!

I noticed it in my husband's issue and it was just a quote from a consumer about the dipper. Said something about the cap flying off and the liquid going all over, in my eyes and in my mouth. And of course a picture of the dipper. I can't remember everything but it definitely was just a tiny little quote from a consumer.

My Mom saw this somewhere too! UGH...I have 6 extra of them!

I never "washed" mine. It was used, rinsed/wiped off immediately, and then stuck in the drying sink to dry or just dried and put away. It is just easier that way to me.

Related to Ice Cream Dipper Recall in March 2012 Consumer Report

What is the "Ice Cream Dipper Recall in March 2012 Consumer Report"?

The "Ice Cream Dipper Recall in March 2012 Consumer Report" refers to a voluntary recall of Pampered Chef's ice cream dipper product in March 2012 due to a potential safety hazard.

Why was the ice cream dipper recalled?

The ice cream dipper was recalled due to reports of the handle breaking off during use, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.

How can I tell if my ice cream dipper is affected by the recall?

The affected ice cream dippers have a code stamped on the back of the handle that begins with the letter "F" or "G". If your dipper has this code, it is included in the recall.

What should I do if I have an affected ice cream dipper?

If you have an affected ice cream dipper, you should stop using it immediately and contact Pampered Chef for a replacement product or a refund.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the handle from breaking on my ice cream dipper?

No, the handle breaking is a manufacturing defect and cannot be prevented by the consumer. It is important to stop using the dipper and follow the steps for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Jennie4PC