1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Another ice cream dipper question

1. cat

cat Veteran Member Gold Member

I have a customer whose ice cream "sticks" to the dipper. I was actually at her house when it happened. We used another spoon to get it off the dipper!Is it because her ice cream was soft? It actually looks in perfect condition (NOT ICKY or grimy...)

Thanks!

Jan 13, 2006
  2. ShanaSmith

ShanaSmith Veteran Member Silver Member

I think when they are older, no matter how well you care for them they loose some of the ability to work as well or something. What I have found works is to run it under water before I start scooping. Just room temp seems to get it off to a better start.

Jan 13, 2006
  3. cat

It's not really old! She bought it from me about 1 year ago! Maybe it's defective? I have another friend who has one from 3 or 4 years ago that works fine. Maybe I should just call PC customer service and try to get her a new one...

Jan 13, 2006
  4. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

did it get put in the dishwasher?

Jan 13, 2006
  5. cat

No, she said she hand washes it.

Jan 13, 2006
  6. jmabner

jmabner Member

My grandma has really cold hands and her ice cream dipper does the same thing when she uses it..so maybe this lady just has cold hands....if you don't have warm hands then there is no heat to transfer....
    just a thought

Jan 13, 2006
  7. cat

Thank you...that is a very interesting thought that I didn't even consider! Maybe I'll ask to try hers again sometime, since this customer also happens to be a friend of mine. Thanks again for your ideas and thoughts! I appreciate it.. :)

Jan 13, 2006
  8. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Question?

Did you leave the ice cream scoop in the ice cream? When I accidentally leave my scoop in the container of ice cream it will get so cold that the ice cream sticks to it. Just a thought.

Jan 14, 2006
  9. cat

Hi Marlene,

She was actually scooping a LOT of ice cream...it was during her New Year's Eve party and she had 30 or so guests. So that could have been the problem too!

I've left MY dipper in ice cream before and when I came back a couple of minutes later, it was sitting in a puddle of ice cream! IT was also summertime...

Thanks for the tip!

Jan 14, 2006
  10. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have had mine for almost 8 years (?) and it still works the same as when I bought it. The water trick is a good one though for people with cold hand, but I have to say as many as I have sold and used ( my family has been into PC for almost 10 years) I have never had a problem with one. So I guess I'm just lucky.

Jan 15, 2006
Have something to add?