• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Why is the Ice Cream Dipper on Stop Sell?

In summary, the conversation revolves around frustration with the recent Stop sell e-mail and the discontinuation of a popular ice cream dipper product. The speaker questions why the decision was made and expresses concerns about the impact on customer perception and the availability of quality products. The possibility of the economy affecting manufacturers is also mentioned.
flemings99
Gold Member
So I have to say I'm a little frustrated with our recent Stop sell e-mail. Someone PLEASE explain to me why after yrs & yrs of having an ice cream dipper that all the sudden we can't find a manufacture to produce it for us and it has be to on Stop sell forever!! Really, b/c I've seen it on QVC or HSN before. Why can't we keep this. Or at least keep it through the end of the season.

I hate telling people we can't order something. Plus, I've already teed off a host b/c I told her someone couldn't have the veg. slicer. This isn't going to go over well with her. I know we have until the 20th, but her party is the 29th! UGH.

If they can't give us the quality our customer expect, I feel it's more headaches on our end AFTER the sale. I'd rather have them take an item out if it's not good. Plus, we have 300+ products... there is plenty to choose from.

flemings99 said:
So I have to say I'm a little frustrated with our recent Stop sell e-mail. Someone PLEASE explain to me why after yrs & yrs of having an ice cream dipper that all the sudden we can't find a manufacture to produce it for us and it has be to on Stop sell forever!! Really, b/c I've seen it on QVC or HSN before. Why can't we keep this. Or at least keep it through the end of the season.

I hate telling people we can't order something. Plus, I've already teed off a host b/c I told her someone couldn't have the veg. slicer. This isn't going to go over well with her. I know we have until the 20th, but her party is the 29th! UGH.

Just a thought....
You but it now & get the money from her the day of her show :)

finley1991 said:
If they can't give us the quality our customer expect, I feel it's more headaches on our end AFTER the sale. I'd rather have them take an item out if it's not good. Plus, we have 300+ products... there is plenty to choose from.

I know, and I agree. I just find it interesting that in 5 yrs. with the company quality seems to be hard to come by these days. I think someone higher up has made some bad decisions that are haunting us. I guess my point is, if we've had it this long and it hasn't been an issue what made that change?

Don't get me wrong, I love PC and I'm not jumping ship but if we are constantly telling our customers due to quality issues we're removing this product, doesn't that leave in their minds....hmmm well they seem to have an awful lot of quality issues there. I find it embarrassing at this point. I love that we have quality products, but I find it frustrating that we can't find quality first and then decide to sell it. :grumpy:

there was something said when I was to HO about the economy effective a lot of the manufacturers in the far east. Like they are struggling and can't keep up with quality and production, bankruptcy etc. Quite frankly, I don't even mention that the products on are on stop sell. If I dont talk about it I rarely sell it. So the veggie slicer, out of sight out of mind. I have had NOT 1 person ask about it or try to order it since it went on stop sell.... and I have not put stickers in the catalogs either.

The veggie slicer was one thing since it was new and not a "tried and true favorite" like the ICD is. The ICD gets mentioned as a favorite product often enough that a year from now we'll still be saying we don't carry it anymore or have people trying to buy a new one b/c someone put theirs through the dishwasher.

We haven't seen a replacement manufacturer for the Chef's Tools. I really, really hope they come up with someone new to make the ICD.

pcjenni said:
there was something said when I was to HO about the economy effective a lot of the manufacturers in the far east. Like they are struggling and can't keep up with quality and production, bankruptcy etc. Quite frankly, I don't even mention that the products on are on stop sell. If I dont talk about it I rarely sell it. So the veggie slicer, out of sight out of mind. I have had NOT 1 person ask about it or try to order it since it went on stop sell.... and I have not put stickers in the catalogs either.

I never talk about the ice cream dipper, and don't even bring it to shows, and I still sold 48 of them last year. Invariably it gets mentioned as someone's favorite product at shows. This being put on permanent stop-sell is totally different than the veggie slicer. :bawl:

I am with Colleen. If it is defective, I would rather not sell it. We are not in control of the manufacturers. We do not know what changes have taken place that the factory. Perhaps there was a change in ownership or management that do not stress quality and rather cut costs by not producing hight quatlity products. I am very bummed about the ICD. I just bought 10. If Pampered Chef can find another manufacturer they will. Look what happened to Chilzanne.

cookingwithlove said:
I am with Colleen. If it is defective, I would rather not sell it. We are not in control of the manufacturers. We do not know what changes have taken place that the factor. Perhaps there was a change in ownership or management that do not stress quality and rather cut costs by not producing hight quatlity products. I am very bummed about the ICD. I just bought 10. If Pampered Chef can find another manufacturer they will. Look what happened to Chilzanne.

I just mentioned this on FB to a customer who was questioning it. We discontinued Chillzanne - but ended up with a much better product in the end! (IMO!)

I was not disappointed when the veggie slicer went but the ice cream dipper is another story. I am down loading my 12 year history of ice cream dipper sales...504!

It is what it is and I am on the Colleen's quality Team!

They'll come out with another one. Hopefully soon with the spring season coming.

Happy Chef said:
They'll come out with another one. Hopefully soon with the spring season coming.

Agreed. And even if they can't make it for the spring season, I'm sure as soon as they secure a mfr that can give us the quality we expect, they'll introduce it, even if it is mid-season.

What do you want to bet the Spring/Summer catalogs are already printed with the Ice Cream Dipper already in there. :cry:

Sheila said:
What do you want to bet the Spring/Summer catalogs are already printed with the Ice Cream Dipper already in there. :cry:

I thought of that too...

Wasn't there something not that long ago that was discontinued near the end of the season and was surprisingly not in the next catalog? I seem to remember discussion about the cost it must have been to re-do the catalogs... So I'm still hoping that it will be out of the catalog.

I think it was the Chef's Tools. There must be masses of those catalogs in a landfill somewhere. Hopefully they made it to a recycling center.

Becca_in_MD said:
I think it was the Chef's Tools. There must be masses of those catalogs in a landfill somewhere. Hopefully they made it to a recycling center.

I think you're right. I wasn't sure because I remembered insert they had us use until the end of that season.

Becca_in_MD said:

Or they know about some of the items before they tell us and they just keep an eye on their supply and don't make the announcement until necessary. ;) I have a feeling that may be what happens if the item isn't in the next catalog. Since it always causes an outcry when something like this happens it would make sense not to notify us until the last minute.

cincychef said:
Or they know about some of the items before they tell us and they just keep an eye on their supply and don't make the announcement until necessary. ;) I have a feeling that may be what happens if the item isn't in the next catalog. Since it always causes an outcry when something like this happens it would make sense not to notify us until the last minute.

And that could very well be the case with the ice cream dipper. We'll see...

Ok, so I had a good friend of mine call me and tell me that his IC dipper exploded and put a dent in his stainless steel sink--back in June he told me. He is an engineer and the use and care said don't use it over 140, he of course went and got a thermometer and measured his water and it was only 133...I laughed about the whole thing and then we got the recall...

My husband is a safety engineer. He and I both think that either 1) the place where they are made (China most likely) changed the chemical in the handle to a cheaper one, or 2) they had to change the chemical because of some environmental law somewhere and the old chemical might have been a carcinogen if it leaked, so they changed it?

In any event, what I find is interesting is that we are NOT the only company that sells this exact ice cream dipper--you can find them anywhere. Are ours the only ones that are exploding? Just curious, don't you think? They sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond, even Target carries one.

Hm....

Well, remember, it was a voluntary recall... unless it's mandatory, most won't recall it or pull it from the shelves.

pcjenni said:

Exactly this. PC has no control over the manufacturers. They (the manufacturers) are looking for ways to save money just like everyone else.

I also do not talk about the stop sells or put stickers in my catalog. I did, however, send out an email about the ice cream dipper because everyone loves it so much. If someone tries to buy the veggie slicer, I just tell them it's not available. We'll see how that goes with the ICD. It's so popular I may end up having to sticker my catalogs.

I too put an e-mail and am telling people verbally as well. I already have one person that wants to order one.

I do take the time for the stickers and even though it is a pain, when it is one item, it's not too bad. I am still just sad over the ICD but life goes on. I am hoping for a bigger and better product for us in the future as well.

I was so far behind when they announced they veggie slicer I thought it's ok I won't put the sticker in the catalogs, I haven't sold one yet anyway. BUT then I had a catalog show host who had 4 orders for them and they all paid by check and they all made the check out to me. I had to mail out 4 refund checks :( ( none of them wanted to exchange for something else) That was more of a pain than doing the stickers. It also effected the hosts free product. I have been doing the stickers ever since.

All orders for the ICD must be in TODAY before midnight central time according to the email they just sent out. I bet the orders that go in late today will be rejected. I just hope the one that was missing from my last show is shipped (it should since I called them yesterday with that adjustment but still...).

Hopefully they'll get a replacement out there soon since this obviously shows that this thing is in demand!

Final count 31 ice cream dippers sold.

I saw someone post on FB that they just tried to submit orders and it wouldn't let her. I think they're gone. :( I was going to submit an order for a bunch in a bit, but now I guess I won't even bother. Anyone try to submit orders tonight??

pamperedbecky said:
I saw someone post on FB that they just tried to submit orders and it wouldn't let her. I think they're gone. :( I was going to submit an order for a bunch in a bit, but now I guess I won't even bother. Anyone try to submit orders tonight??
I just tried, and couldn't. :(

Dang. :( Oh well. I wasn't really wanting to buy a whole bunch to get to 10 anyway to submit it as a show. I only had about 4 people who wanted to try to get one today and was going to order 6 myself to make a show.

One of my newer consultants had 3 shows from this month already held with icecream dippers on them, but the hosts weren't ready to close, she tried to order them by themselves and it wouldn't let her.

10 min's left. Have any of you tried straight online, as an individual order?

1. Why is the ice cream dipper on stop sell?

The ice cream dipper is on stop sell because our company has been unable to find a manufacturer to produce it for us. This is a recent development and we apologize for the inconvenience.

2. Why can't we find a manufacturer to produce the ice cream dipper?

We are currently facing challenges in finding a manufacturer for the ice cream dipper. We are working hard to resolve this issue and hope to have it back in stock as soon as possible.

3. Why is the ice cream dipper being put on stop sell forever?

At this time, we cannot guarantee when the ice cream dipper will be back in stock. It is on stop sell indefinitely until we are able to secure a manufacturer for it.

4. Can we not keep the ice cream dipper through the end of the season?

Unfortunately, we are unable to keep the ice cream dipper through the end of the season. We are actively trying to find a solution and appreciate your patience.

5. Why have we seen the ice cream dipper on QVC or HSN before?

The ice cream dipper may have been available on other platforms in the past, but our company is currently facing difficulties in finding a manufacturer for it. We apologize for any confusion or frustration this may cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies