• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Wanted to See How Many Actually Wore the Apron During Thier Shows.

In summary, the experts feel that wearing an apron during a cooking demonstration can help improve the appearance of the consultant, make the demo more personal, and help to keep the consultant clean. They also feel that it is helpful to put the apron

Apron or No Apron

• Apron

Votes: 93 76.9%
  • No Apron

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Depends on the show

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I wanted to see how many actually wore the apron during thier shows. I know I have quit wearing mine because it looks awful and I am too cheap to buy a new one. I was watching the new DVD and they all were wearing theirs, but I didn't know if it was because they were being filmed or not.
What do you do?

I love my apron. It tells folks who the consultant is without guessing, keeps me clean and gives me a place to put a towel so I have it always at hand to dry my hands or wipe them off during demo. I can be a messy cook so my apron is a blessing. LOL..

I used to do my recipes before the show so I didn't have a reason to wear it during the show. I feel the opposite than Lisa, with the apron I feel like I stand out and someone may not want to talk to me before the show if they know I am the consultant. My director taught us to introduce ourselves as the guests come in that way we are the first person they see but they don't always associate us with being the consultant so they may feel more comfortable.

I'm not crazy about my apron, but I feel funny without it... I do find the pockets of the apron useful for twix-it clips and such, things that I will hand out to any pc virgins who come to my show...

I wear mine, but I put it on right before I start the show...That way, as said above, I'm one of the crowd, but when I put my apron on I stand out and they know things are about to start...Besides, without it, I'd likely spill something on myself...tends to be a genetic trait of the women in our family...

I don't wear mine b/c I just don't like it. :D I take one of the m/f towels with me & tuck it into my belt loops. Works great for wiping hands off & such. I wear a black 3/4 sleeve shirt with the Rhinestone logo from Merrill when I do my shows & want to show it off. he he he....

I feel nekkid w/o my apron. I hand my dishtowel from the front tie of it and I use the pockets for $ and checks during checkout.

I always wear my apron at shows, and even when I'm making my calls. It reminds me that I'm working-it was my director's idea to do this, and it works. Even if i'm trying a PC recipe I wear it-my husband thinks I'm a great big dork for it-but he knows when he comes home from work that I'm either working or expirementing. :)

AnnaPChef said:
I always wear my apron at shows, and even when I'm making my calls. It reminds me that I'm working-it was my director's idea to do this, and it works. Even if i'm trying a PC recipe I wear it-my husband thinks I'm a great big dork for it-but he knows when he comes home from work that I'm either working or expirementing. :)

What a cool idea!!

I wear mine, but don't put it on until I'm ready to start the recipe.

I checked "depends on the show".....

For a long time I never wore it, but then ordered the new one (which I think is nicer than the old denim one I had.) and now wear it when I remember to put it on! So many years of not wearing one, and it takes a conscious effort to slip into it. I do like it, though. When I do wear it, I put it on just before I start my demo.

I put mine on just before the demo as well... which now of course is pretty much at the beginning. I utilize the pockets for twixit's and checks too ... .and I especially use the logo if I mess up so that I can point to it and say "HEY... it says Pampered ..NOT Perfect!"

quiverfull7 said:
I put mine on just before the demo as well... which now of course is pretty much at the beginning. I utilize the pockets for twixit's and checks too ... .and I especially use the logo if I mess up so that I can point to it and say "HEY... it says Pampered ..NOT Perfect!"

I could NEVER use mine for checks! I'm way too bad at leaving things in the pocket when I throw it in the wash!:eek: :eek:

Yeah... I've tried putting things in the pockets then I end up "losing" them... in my pockets. LOL... I tried keeping a calculator and pen in there and then 'lost' them... looked everywhere... then remembered they were in my pocket. :blushing:

lkprescott said:
Yeah... I've tried putting things in the pockets then I end up "losing" them... in my pockets. LOL... I tried keeping a calculator and pen in there and then 'lost' them... looked everywhere... then remembered they were in my pocket. :blushing:

Couldn't use it for this either - for the same reason I stated above!:balloon:

ChefBeckyD said:
I checked "depends on the show".....

but then ordered the new one (which I think is nicer than the old denim one I had.)

Is the "new" one much different than the one that came in our kit?

krzymomof4 said:
Is the "new" one much different than the one that came in our kit?

It's a darker denim(not so much that faded look), and it's heavier material. Plus it has the new tag line on it. I just think it looks nicer.

ChefBeckyD said:
I could NEVER use mine for checks! I'm way too bad at leaving things in the pocket when I throw it in the wash!:eek: :eek:
I don't think I've ever washed mine! Maybe once, but I have to wear it because of the towel thing. I don't like to be looking all over someone's kitchen for a towel. (Not sure why it isn't right by the sink, but it never seems to be right there.) Plus I don't like to use a towel that I'm not sure is clean. Eek!

JAE[B said:
]I don't think I've ever washed mine! [/B]Maybe once, but I have to wear it because of the towel thing. I don't like to be looking all over someone's kitchen for a towel. (Not sure why it isn't right by the sink, but it never seems to be right there.) Plus I don't like to use a towel that I'm not sure is clean. Eek!

Never washed it? How can that be? You must be a MUCH neater cook than I! I often have foodstuff all over mine. Especially if I am using chocolate.

Oh - and I wash it and dry it because that is easier than getting out the iron to iron it between shows.:D

I might have to look into the newer one.

If you had a Chef's coat with TPC logo on it..would you wear it and where would you wear it?

krzymomof4 said:
I might have to look into the newer one.

If you had a Chef's coat with TPC logo on it..would you wear it and where would you wear it?

I have Chef's Coats from my previous life as a Personal Chef.....and I wouldn't ever wear them at shows. In fact, I never mention what I did before PC. I want people to be able to put themselves in place, wearing the apron. Wearing the Chef's Coat, and talking about my previous work would be intimidating for most people. I used to hear that from people...."Oh, that's why you're so good at this...."

I want them to think (because it's true!) that they can do just as good of a job, if not better, than I can.

I got one on ebay a while back and I am afraid to wear it.
I think it was from VIP a long time ago

I have one of the VIP sets - there were pants and a hat to match the coat. I wore them for a few shows instead of my apron. Had less interest in the biz, though. And I seemed to get tougher questions from guests when I had it on, not just about products, but about cooking in general. They assumed that I had gone to culinary school because of the coat.Actually, I just found it again in a box in the basement. I need to wash it and list it for sale (I've gained some weight since I bought it).

I do the same thing as Janet does, i leave my apron off and mingle with the guests till it is time to start and then i put my apron on and then the people know i am ready to start the show and it kinda gives me the floor.

I used to wear my apron when I first started with pc, but I am not an apron wearer. I HATE them! So after a few shows, I just started wearing a nice black shirt and put my magnetic nametag (that I purchase from Merrill) on.

Still lets people know I am a consultant, but without having to wear the apron. :)

I wear mine but put it on as I am starting the demo. I get to messy otherwise. I don't really like the denim apron - I almost bought a non-PC one around Christmas to wear at shows and talked myself out of it. I love aprons though... I think they are fun when they are cute.

I always wear my apron. I hang my towel from the apron and also use the pockets to hold the candy for my "got it love it" game.

I hated the denim one... stopped wearing it because it gapped so much at the neck. My director gave me a red one for making FD and I love that one! Of course, it being red didn't hurt!

I always wear my apron too except for when I forget it at home. I would miss the pockets and having a place to put my towel. I also talk about the one size fits all in more ways than one. I find that most of the people that have never heard of PC get a kick out of it. I wear my Director Red or the Cranberry and bring a spare for my host to wear as my lovely assistant. At the end I ask her if she'd like one of her own and how she can get it.

I wear it as a recruiting tool at the beginning of my show. I say that we will be looking at a lot of wonderful tools that are all awesome, but the best product I offer is this apron... because when someone wears this apron, they can have their dreams... (you get the idea)... I'm still working on getting recruits, I have had a few really excited that never signed. It is a numbers game though so I am always expecting great things...(I actually got this apron idea off a recruiting training tape... if that tells you how old this idea is!)

In my almost 9 years of selling, I have gone without an apron maybe, at most 10 times, and that would be because I forgot it!!!!!!:eek:
I am waaaay to much of a messy cook! And I'll wipe something on my pants and then I'd really feel dumb:blushing: ..... I wear a nice blue PC blouse and white pants!! ughhhh..... I need an apron! Plus I think I own like 20 of them!!!! But I still don't have a black one and I want one!:(

Luckily that apron adjusts to size because it still fits me at 8.5 months pregnant! I always wear it, and the pins I've earned. I always have a PC towel in one pocket, and my timer clipped to one.

I think I did one show without my apron and felt naked! I've even worn it while making Thanksgiving dinner, to keep my clothes clean while I'm making dinner. My family just laughed the first time, but now they expect it. LOL

I feel naked without my apron...I've actually turned around on my way to a show because I forgot it! I put it on just as I'm starting the demo and always have an extra for my host (though I saw a posting about letting everyone pick an apron to wear...I'm thinking about that one)

krzymomof4 said:
I wanted to see how many actually wore the apron during thier shows. I know I have quit wearing mine because it looks awful and I am too cheap to buy a new one. I was watching the new DVD and they all were wearing theirs, but I didn't know if it was because they were being filmed or not.What do you do?

I wear my apron because, like a lot of people, I'm really messy and am constantly wanting to wipe my hands on stuff.

My guess is that since PC includes the apron in the kit, they expect that we will wear it and film everyone wearing it for that reason.

I've heard of using it as a recruiting tool saying that just like the apron fits all consultants, it fits all dreams just as well... regardless of size.

I wear mine when I start my show, Its the "time to get started" signal - I also have the pins I have earned for top sales, recruiting, at regional as well as the hwc pin, I keep my scraper for when I talk about stoneware, the garlic press tool that comes with it (I know it self stores) and a towel, doorprize slips, and 2 citrus peelers (my virgin prizes) all in the pockets - I do take it off after I give the doorprize out and am finished with my presentation -

Oh yeah - and I tuck a towel into the front string... figure it is a good way to show the towels as well.

And when I wear it at home, I wear it backwards so I don't stain it.

JAE said:
I don't think I've ever washed mine! Maybe once, but I have to wear it because of the towel thing. I don't like to be looking all over someone's kitchen for a towel. (Not sure why it isn't right by the sink, but it never seems to be right there.) Plus I don't like to use a towel that I'm not sure is clean. Eek!

I've never washed mine either and I wear it at every show!! I guess I'm a farily neat cook, plus with the new show format, I actually don't do any cooking at my shows!!! LOL At my last show I went off to the side and sat down with two of the guests who were talking amongst themselves and I started bragging about how great my job was!! :D

I always wear my apron, but don't put it on until I'm just ready to start the presentation and take if off after the recipe is ready. Since I'm a Food Bank Coordinator this year, I like to wear that apron and it gets people asking what it means.

Also, you could pin a $100 bill (fake or real) to the top of your apron and explain to people that that is the amount of money you are going to be making tonight in commission.

This has nothing to do with whether I wear my apron or not, but...

My 4yo was trying to ask me something one day and I couldn't understand what he was saying. He was helping me put away my stuff from a show, so I figured he was asking about a product (he has significant speech problems, so is very hard to understand some days). He finally pointed to my apron and said, "I said, Where does your prawn go?" He always thought that when I said "apron" that I was saying "a prawn"! Funny guy!

Put mine on for the demo only. It is OFF when I greet/take orders.

Related to I Wanted to See How Many Actually Wore the Apron During Thier Shows.

1. Why do I need to wear an apron during my Pampered Chef shows?

Wearing an apron during your Pampered Chef shows is a great way to show your customers that you are a professional and serious about your business. It also helps to protect your clothes from any spills or messes while you are cooking or demonstrating products.

2. Do I have to buy a new apron from Pampered Chef or can I use my own?

You are welcome to use your own apron during your Pampered Chef shows, but we highly recommend using a Pampered Chef apron. Our aprons are specially designed to represent our brand and showcase our products. Plus, they are made with high-quality material to withstand the wear and tear of cooking and demonstrating.

3. How often should I replace my Pampered Chef apron?

It is up to your personal preference, but we recommend replacing your Pampered Chef apron every 6-12 months. This will ensure that you are always presenting yourself as a professional and representing the Pampered Chef brand in the best way possible.

4. Can I customize my Pampered Chef apron?

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer customization options for our aprons. However, we do offer a variety of styles and colors to choose from, so you can find the perfect apron to fit your personality and brand.

5. Are there any benefits to wearing the Pampered Chef apron during my shows?

Aside from the professional appearance and protection it provides, wearing the Pampered Chef apron also helps to promote our brand and products to your customers. It shows that you are a proud representative of Pampered Chef and can potentially lead to more sales and bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smaclean
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies