• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gloves at Trade Shows: Does It Help Sales?

In summary, the consultants in this conversation have varying opinions on wearing gloves during cooking shows. Some wear gloves consistently, especially when handling raw meat or hot peppers, while others make sure to wash their hands frequently. Some use gloves to avoid hair getting in the way, while others find it easier to wash their hands. Some also mention using Twixit clips to keep their hair back. Overall, the consensus seems to be that gloves are a good option for handling raw meat or messy foods, but not necessary for every step of the demo.
ChefJoyJ
Hi all! I was wondering how many of you wore gloves at your shows? I noticed in the training demo she wore gloves (in fact, the DVD specifically suggested you do), but I was wondering how many people actually do. I have been to several shows and the consultants didn't wear them. So do you? Does it help your sales?

I don't but I don't demo during my show. I make sure I wash my hands throughly before handing the food though.

I did try gloves at one show because I was cutting jalapenos but they seemed to get in the way and made me fumble more!

I didn't in the beginning, but I do now. I never had anyone say anything bad when I didn't wear them. But now that I do wear them, I've had quite a few people tell me that they appreciate that I do wear them. They do notice, whether they say anything or not. I also always pull my hair back, maybe not in a ponytail, but at least the front that might hang in my face is pulled back. I wouldn't want my hair or no gloves to be a distraction--I want them seeing the products!!!

I try to, especially if I'm handling raw meat. Specifically, I make sure that everyone sees me wash my hands. Then I put on gloves to handle the meat and remove them for the rest of the prep. Leaving them on after handling meat is the same as not washing. :rolleyes: Sometimes I forget to put on gloves, but everyone there has seen me wash my hands, so it's not as much of an issue.

I do when I am handling raw meat - which is most of the time these days.:rolleyes: I do alot of 30 Minute Chicken shows, so I always wear gloves while handling the chicken, and then take them off as soon as I am done w/ it.

I also wear them any time I am working with hot peppers.....and I've been wearing them when I do the Festive Cranberry Bark, just because I seem to be messy when I do that, and my hands get really sticky, so it's easier to wear gloves and then I don't have to worry about it.

I don't wear gloves. I do make a point to tell everyone that I'm going to wash my hands then we'll get started. I will also wash them after handling raw meat. I wear the gloves when I help out at my kid's school and my hands get sooo sweaty. It is very uncomfortable.

I do...it just makes me feel more comfortable, and hopefully them too. And I always make sure my hair is back. At home too.

I usually bring a couple of pairs if I'm using raw meat. I wash my hands after the meat & put on a new pair to finish.

I have been known to pull a Twixit clip out of my bag when my hair's not behaving, and clip my bangs back. At least then I'm not tempted to push it back with my clean fingers.

chefann said:
I have been known to pull a Twixit clip out of my bag when my hair's not behaving, and clip my bangs back. At least then I'm not tempted to push it back with my clean fingers.

I do this all the time to show the versatility of our twixits! Well, I used to anyway, before I got my hair chopped off.

I dont wear gloves. I make it a point to let the guests know that I'm off to wash, and I come back drying my hands in front of them. I've never had a problem with this.

I've wondered about this too... and make sure to wash my hands a billion times during my demos. But I've wondered about gloves and folks who help out. Since interaction is key in some parties... how do you ensure a guests hands are clean without them feeling like a pariah? Or would this be a good time for gloves?

That would be a good time for gloves. :) They're inexpensive on supply order, and you can just toss a bag of them into your kit.

chefann said:
That would be a good time for gloves. :) They're inexpensive on supply order, and you can just toss a bag of them into your kit.
Yep! I keep a bag of large size in my kit at all times.

I keep a thing of hand sanitizer available.

Hand sanitizer isn't considered food-safe.

I keep a suds pump in my kit and wash my hands a lot! I do not wear gloves.

Related to Gloves at Trade Shows: Does It Help Sales?

1. Do gloves at trade shows actually help increase sales?

Yes, gloves at trade shows can be a useful tool in helping to increase sales. They can help to create a more professional and sanitary appearance for your booth, which can make a good first impression on potential customers. Additionally, gloves can provide a level of comfort and protection for both you and the customers when handling products.

2. Are there certain types of gloves that are more effective for trade shows?

The most effective gloves for trade shows will depend on the type of products you are selling and the environment of the trade show. For food-related products, disposable food-safe gloves are recommended. For other products, gloves with a non-slip grip or a sleek, professional appearance may be more suitable.

3. Is it necessary to wear gloves at all times during a trade show?

No, it is not necessary to wear gloves at all times during a trade show. However, it is recommended to wear gloves when handling products that customers will be interacting with, such as food samples or demonstration items. This can provide a sense of cleanliness and professionalism for your booth.

4. Can gloves be a potential turn-off for customers at a trade show?

It is possible that some customers may have a negative perception of gloves at a trade show, but this can be minimized by using appropriate and professional-looking gloves. Additionally, explaining the reasons for wearing gloves, such as for food safety or product protection, can help to reassure customers.

5. How can I ensure that I am using gloves correctly at a trade show?

To ensure that you are using gloves correctly at a trade show, make sure to change them frequently, especially when handling different types of products. Also, be sure to dispose of used gloves properly and wash your hands regularly, even when wearing gloves. Finally, choose gloves that fit well and are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • nickywsn