• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Best Cooking Gloves for Your Shows | Tips from Dana

In summary, people at your shows sometimes use gloves while cooking. They get them from different places, depending on what they are cooking. You should also wash your hands often and change your gloves if you are handling raw food.
dldunphy
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone use gloves while cooking at your shows? If so, where do you get them from.

Thanks!
Dana

sometimes i do....it depends on what i am making....i get mine at wal mart....

I don't like to work with the gloves. They never fit me well, and then I don't have a secure grip on things. I always wash my hands in front of everyone so that they know I'm clean. ;) I wash them several times during my demo, too, because I like to have clean hands and don't want to cross-contaminate.

I wash my hands and so do any guests that work w/food. I have been told by my upline twe can use hand sanitizer.

babywings76 said:
I don't like to work with the gloves. They never fit me well, and then I don't have a secure grip on things. I always wash my hands in front of everyone so that they know I'm clean. ;) I wash them several times during my demo, too, because I like to have clean hands and don't want to cross-contaminate.

Ditto, I also keep a damp towel on my apron that I use to wipe my hands often.

I now always wear gloves, latex free, but that's just me :)

I only wear gloves when I'm working with jalapenos, like for salsa in the MFP. Got mine at Target.

I wouldn't use hand sanitizer before touching food. Even after it's dry, if you lick your finger you can taste it. I would think that means it could rub off on the food.

I guess they're not on the supply order form any more? I got some years ago when they were, and tried them. Like Amanda, I couldn't get a secure grip on things. So I just wash my hands a lot, and keep raw meat items on separate surfaces.

Agree about the hand sanitzer - it might be sanitary, but it could get into the food.

Hand sanitizer is not approved for food handlers, if I remember correctly. It leaves behind alcohol residue on your hands.

I wear gloves when handling ready-to-eat food. As a food service worker, I know all about those creepy, crawly things on skin that causes food borne illness.

You know, I don't, but I will carry a pair from now on. At our last meeting, my director mentioned that it was to carry gloves in case you cut yourself. She said that SHE had been told do so, didn't, and then cut herself at the very next show.What do you know? I must have picked up that bad mojo. I was unpacking to set up and one of my knives was not securely in it's case, and I cut my finger pretty badly. I sure wish I'd had gloves with me!

I wear gloves at every party while I am preparing the recipe. Just think it is the right thing to do when handling food. I get my gloves at restaurant depot. They are latex free and come in different sizes so they fit well.

I'm an obsessive hand washer when i cook, at home and at shows, so I do not use gloves because I know my guests are seeing how often I clean my hands in the kitchen

I wear gloves, even though I am constantly washing my hands. Unless you are using a nail brush to clean right before you cook, you're still harboring some germs - even if your nails aren't long. Up to you, but I still think that gloves are the best choice.

You people that are wearing gloves, are you changing them throughout the show? Some people think because they have gloves on, they are golden. But, if you are handling raw food and not changing your gloves before touching cooked, ready-to-eat items, you are spreading more germs than just using no gloves and washing often.

Personally, I hate gloves. I see people using gloves and not thinking anything is wrong with touching something unclean and then touching food. They aren't "magic" gloves! Blech!

Teresa LM said:
You people that are wearing gloves, are you changing them throughout the show? Some people think because they have gloves on, they are golden. But, if you are handling raw food and not changing your gloves before touching cooked, ready-to-eat items, you are spreading more germs than just using no gloves and washing often.

Personally, I hate gloves. I see people using gloves and not thinking anything is wrong with touching something unclean and then touching food. They aren't "magic" gloves! Blech!
I change gloves several times throughout my demo and especially after handling raw food. Otherwise, it's no worse than using bare hands and not washing them.

1. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef air fryer?

Yes, many people use the Pampered Chef air fryer. It is a popular and versatile cooking tool that allows you to cook food with little to no oil, making it a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods.

2. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef Stoneware?

Absolutely! The Pampered Chef Stoneware is a customer favorite. It is made from natural clay and is designed to evenly distribute heat for perfectly cooked food every time. It is also non-stick and easy to clean.

3. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef food chopper?

Yes, the Pampered Chef food chopper is a highly rated and frequently used product. It is perfect for quickly and easily chopping vegetables, fruits, nuts, and more. It is also easy to use and clean.

4. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef garlic press?

Definitely! The Pampered Chef garlic press is a must-have kitchen tool for any garlic lover. It is designed to easily and efficiently crush garlic cloves, saving you time and effort in the kitchen.

5. Does anyone use the Pampered Chef ice cream scoop?

Yes, the Pampered Chef ice cream scoop is a popular product among ice cream enthusiasts. It is made with a comfortable grip and is designed to easily scoop and release even the hardest ice cream. It also works well for portioning cookie dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • danabasket
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • PCwannabe