• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Tried the No Cooking Format Last Night...

In summary, the guests liked the Tom Marston, no cooking, format last night...and it went really well. I didn't give out catalogs until the very end, I found that if people were chit-chatting that they were chatting about the products and not about who was having and affair and who won't cut their grass!! The guests were actually writing products down on their write in receipts and only one crossed anything off when we were done. After we were done, the guests and not me, had a 30 minute long conversation about the different products and what to do with them. It was a very fun show and everyone said that they loved the format. I didn't get any bookings but do have 3 recruit
pampered1224 said:
Short of getting anarexia and dying my hair brown and getting plastic surgery to look like a Calvin Klien model this post and that info is all I got going!

My word, John!:eek: In addition to the above I would have to add about 8 inches to my height.

So, just had to post and say that I did this again at my show this morning. I had 6 attend, my average order was $105!! With the 3 outside orders the show is at $705!! Holy Cow...the host was all bummed that not that many people showed, but it didn't matter one bit. I told her either the right friends came or the new format really works!!!!

I did a variation of this at my show Friday night - While I was preparing the recipe, instead of talking my way through the recipe, I had each guest share some of their favorites, why they like it, etc., etc. I loved the format - it took the pressure off of me, made the party interactive and stimulated a lot of discussion!

Tara

Okay you guys, I would love to read more on this no cook show. I've been gone a couple of months and out of the loop so I don't know where to find the post on the format. Help!!! Can you put the link here for me and anyone else who is curious? Thanks

Kris

Thank you SO much!!!

Kris

soonerchef said:
I actually asked the current host and the host that she booked from (it was the previous hosts 3rd show of mine) and they both said that they liked the new format much better. Everyone said that they had a blast and that it was more like catalog shopping with their friends with good food and drinks...gotta like that! I also felt like less of a sales person than before, it was more like I was a facilitator of conversation.

What products did you bring? Did you show flyers? So you handed out pens & order forms, but no catalogs till the end?

Did you sit with the guests?

Were you wearing your apron?

Did you make the salad there in front of the host?

Thanks for sharing. Interesting!

Cindycooks said:
Im so gonna try this. My next really big show coming up is a grilling show. All this has been in the works for awhile but I still think I can pull this off. This show is gonna be over 20 people. I have the rubs for grilling the chicken. Her hubby was already gonna do this. And the host is gonna already have a big salad made up for guests to just make a salad and I will slice the chicken into 3 different SA squares. He can be grilling as they arrive. And I can sure do the pullapart bread! This may just work! I can have all the new tools out - especially the bbq stuff and talk about it all. I'm also gonna use the questions that Tom asks. Im excited!

What are Tom's questions?

I'm wondering how this no-cook show would work for me. Currrently a lot of the shows I do involve a high percentage of people who have NEVER been to a PC show before. Have you had any of these people at the shows you have done like this and how did they answer your questions? How did you tie it into the show?

Sarah

its_me_susan said:
What products did you bring? Did you show flyers? So you handed out pens & order forms, but no catalogs till the end?

Did you sit with the guests?

Were you wearing your apron?

Did you make the salad there in front of the host?

Thanks for sharing. Interesting!

I just brought the products I needed to make the recipe and the new products, a piece of cookware and a piece of stoneware. I only showed the guest special flyer that is in their lap boards and then had my bookings binder available to view. I passed out the lap boards with write in receipt, wedding and fundraiser flyers, opp brochure, and book to look info. I usually stand just because I would be up and down getting products when they talk about them. Sometimes I wear my apron, sometimes I don't, I always wear a PC shirt so I don't feel that the apron is neccessary. I do make the food in front of the host and we actually do it together, this way it's almost like a one-on-one cooking lesson, I sprinkle in tips while we are making the recipe.

its_me_susan said:
What are Tom's questions?

When the guests are talking about the products he asks at the end from everyone...

Is it easy to clean?
Is it easy to use?
Would you reccommend it to everyone here?

snugbug said:
I'm wondering how this no-cook show would work for me. Currrently a lot of the shows I do involve a high percentage of people who have NEVER been to a PC show before. Have you had any of these people at the shows you have done like this and how did they answer your questions? How did you tie it into the show?

Sarah

For guests that have never been to a cooking show I ask them to tell me about a time when they were cooking and they said to themselves..."Man this would be easier if I had _______" or "I really wish I had _________" One of the guests usually suggests a products that would be perfect and they always end up buying it.

Does anyone feel like they are putting people on the spot with these questions? I just always have so many hecklers and can see someone picking on little things and when someone tries to answer the questions about their favorite product the heckler would chime in with the opposite answer. I love the USG and talk about them through my whole show. One show this woman kept interrupting me yelling out about how hard it is to use and how she almost lost her thumb doing it (OF COURSE NOT USING FOOD HOLDER) I blew it off and tried to joke about it but it was a really uncomfortable situation and I don't want to put my guests in the crosshairs of a heckler. Sorry it is so long, but I just wanted to gather some experienced opinions!

I haven't had this problem with these shows, I did have one guest who was having issues with a product and another guest showed her how to use it. With this type of show you are really just a facilitator of conversation instead of a sales person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Shortstuff0203